What's new

From just 20MW in '11 to 5000MW+ in '15 - Growth of Solar Power in India

Solar takes up too much space. Sure it's clean and the energy production costs are negligible in the long run.

But after a few decades we'll be running out of space and these plants could become a burden.
we could place solar panels on buliding roofs

we could place solar panels on buliding roofs

Something which has been done with great success in many places of the world.

India is VERY lucky when it comes to solar. Germany is the world's largest producer of solar electricity, but only because it has by far the most capacity (China will probably exceed it within a year).

India has HUGE insolation compared to Europe or much of the US and China. The regular monsoons make it a bit less attractive than the deserts of the Arabian peninsula or North Africa, but only by a bit. And India has deserts, too, of course.

The WHOLE REAL world Laughs at Pakistani economy and Pakistani DEBT TRAP

You should not give a random cartoon such importance

cartoon is what the whole REAL world thinks of Endia.

yeah yeah and you are supporting nation of criminals and making fun of fellow south Asian country. thats why I said carry on. :)

just like our fellow south Asian country celebrates every negative about us.

Waiting for the day when India becomes biggest producer of renewable energy.
@Chanakya's_Chant or is it already?

India ranks #5 in renewable energy production but will ultimately rank #2 by 2030.

Renew.PNG

RENEW2.PNG

no one refers to Pakistan when they give examples of mass poverty, slums and filth, guess which country beats us here?

You are AGAIN being DELUSIONAL

India has BECOME SYNONYMOUS with a GROWING ECONOMIC POWER

Pakistan is SYNONYMOUS with ........................................................

You are AGAIN being DELUSIONAL

India has BECOME SYNONYMOUS with a GROWING ECONOMIC POWER

Pakistan is SYNONYMOUS with ........................................................

India is synonymous with lots of things that i would not repeat here, but only in Indian minds its some growing economic power. China is Growing economic power, do not put India in that category.

cartoon is what the whole REAL world thinks of Endia.

just like our fellow south Asian country celebrates every negative about us.
most of those are from North Eastern side (from ganga) or north Kerala

I love that there exists folks like @xyxmt....the folks who would shy away from even acknowledging that they belong to pak and try to pass off as Indian everywhere in the western world...anyways...my firm here has a biggger asset base than the gdp of mr xyxmt home country... And he still lives in a delusion. (probably thats the root cause rather than a symptom)

no one refers to Pakistan when they give examples of mass poverty, slums and filth, guess which country beats us here?

They do, the whole 3rd world is. Please dont talk about global perception of countries, because Pakistan isnt in a good standing with must.

They do, the whole 3rd world is. Please dont talk about global perception of countries, because Pakistan isnt in a good standing with must.
But india get the limelight just cause our presence matter in international stage compared to insignificant Pakistan

Being in South Asia it gives us the privilege to use the the extreme hot conditions for our benefits same is the case with middle east and North Africa but they have an traditional alternative fuel (crude oil) with their disposal which is really cheap if compared to solar energy.
Here in Rajasthan I believe their is huge potential for solar power along with the wind energy.
Heat and solar cells are unrelated I guess.

I partially agree. Well Solar energy neither meant to replace other sources nor it can so we are not running out of spaces anytime soon and I am sure we can utilise canals, and other such things for that too( My city in Gujarat has a solar park on a canal).
Because right now a lot of industrial and consumer uses of energy are fulfilled by fossil fuels. Once you make electricity cheaper, the demand goes up and where does it stop?

Consider airplanes. When they were first introduced, they were a luxury, a novelty. Today, it's a very common mode of transportation which has resulted in cheaper fares but also a much higher demand.

Quite unlikely...here's a fun fact - The energy needs of the entire human population can be addressed if we install solar panels on the area represented by these red squares...

Fullneed.jpg

Even by the year 2030 we need approx. 500 square kilometers area of land for the energy needs of the entire population...

AreaRequired1000.jpg

For more go through Desertec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Does it also consider the growth in demand for solar energy to power our cars, machinery that are currently on fossil fuels?

I favor shifting to solar energy asap, but the current demands may be a bit unrealistic.

If you give me a car that runs on electricity (via solar charging stations) and can store enough energy to drive the same number of miles as petrol-cars, then I will shift without a moment's hesitation. And so will millions of others. Once something is easier to access, it's use skyrockets.

We humans are inherently greedy.

Back
Top Bottom