What's new

From just 20MW in '11 to 5000MW+ in '15 - Growth of Solar Power in India

Solar takes up too much space. Sure it's clean and the energy production costs are negligible in the long run.

But after a few decades we'll be running out of space and these plants could become a burden.

Solar takes up too much space. Sure it's clean and the energy production costs are negligible in the long run.

But after a few decades we'll be running out of space and these plants could become a burden.

Quite unlikely...here's a fun fact - The energy needs of the entire human population can be addressed if we install solar panels on the area represented by these red squares...

Fullneed.jpg

Even by the year 2030 we need approx. 500 square kilometers area of land for the energy needs of the entire population...

AreaRequired1000.jpg

For more go through Desertec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you have to admit, posting this news the same day of Australian cartoon is asking for trolling, its like leaving steak and hungry man in the same room
yeah yeah and you are supporting nation of criminals and making fun of fellow south Asian country. thats why I said carry on. :)

Being in South Asia it gives us the privilege to use the the extreme hot conditions for our benefits same is the case with middle east and North Africa but they have an traditional alternative fuel (crude oil) with their disposal which is really cheap if compared to solar energy.
Here in Rajasthan I believe their is huge potential for solar power along with the wind energy.

Good to see the progress being made on solar panels - some Indian companies do make solar panels - Indo Solar is one example.

To our Pakistani friends, it is good that you find these racist cartoons funny. I guess you also found the cartoons on the prophet funny. Its worth remembering - if you don't like to be laughed at about some things, it is a good idea to respect the boundaries others have set.

I partially agree. Well Solar energy neither meant to replace other sources nor it can so we are not running out of spaces anytime soon and I am sure we can utilise canals, and other such things for that too( My city in Gujarat has a solar park on a canal).

I wont support such growth if we hv to keep buying chinese solar panels.

dheere dheere bhai..Rome was not built in a day. People need to get accustomed to the idea. If I'm not mistaken, solar power is still costlier than conventional means. We will get there.

chinese panels are whats making solar affordable.

anyhow. this is good for everyone

SunEdison Wins 500 MW Solar PV Bid In India At Record-Breaking Tariff

Back
Top Bottom