What's new

From Islamaphobia to Sinophobia?

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In 1930s Europe there was rampant prejudice against Jews which climaxed with the Holocaust. During the period 1947-1990 there was strong anti-Soviet sentiment centred around aversion to communism. From 2000 onwards to the narrative of hatred decidly turned against 'Muslims'. The subject of that hatred might have changed but the contours of hate have always been same. It's like a ready made hate manifesto where you just fill in the newest recipient of the phobia.

Are we seeing the dawn of hatred for Chinese or Sinophobia with Covid-19 acting as thew catalyst like 9/11 was for Muslims? I certainly think so. If this indeed does turn out be a phenomenon I certainly will give a big sigh of relief. It's been tough 20 years of being blamed for everything wrong under the sun.

*phew*

In 1930s Europe there was rampant prejudice against Jews which climaxed with the Holocaust. During the period 1947-1990 there was strong anti-Soviet sentiment centred around aversion to communism. From 2000 onwards to the narrative of hatred decidly turned against 'Muslims'. The subject of that hatred might have changed but the contours of hate have always been same. It's like a ready made hate manifesto where you just fill in the newest recipient of the phobia.

Are we seeing the dawn of hatred for Chinese or Sinophobia with Covid-19 acting as thew catalyst like 9/11 was for Muslims? I certainly think so. If this indeed does turn out be a phenomenon I certainly will give a big sigh of relief.

*phew*

Are we seeing the dawn of hatred for Chinese or Sinophobia with Covid-19 acting as thew catalyst like 9/11 was for Muslims? I certainly think so. If this indeed does turn out be a phenomenon I certainly will give a big sigh of relief. It's been tough 20 years of being blamed for everything wrong under the sun.

*phew*

Yes sir. Its chinas turn now, I hope China is ready to play. You've got to fight fire with fire

*phew*
If we are to be honest there was never an Islamophobia particularly in strategic circles. It was just a boogeyman. However this sinophobia is real. The hegemony of west is now being challenged. There is a new queen in the hive now.

*phew*

Some people always need someone to hate...........:disagree:

*phew*

Just like we blamed 9/11 on the Jews and / or it being an 'inside job' (and that Muslims have nothing to do with any terrorist attack), we can always blame Corona on the Jews too. Problem solved! :D

If we are to be honest there was never an Islamophobia particularly in strategic circles. It was just a boogeyman. However this sinophobia is real. The hegemony of west is now being challenged. There is a new queen in the hive now.

If you are at the receiving end then you will know and feel the fire of Islamophobia and how deep it runs in the Western societies.

Last edited:
Just like we blamed 9/11 on the Jews and / or it being an 'inside job' (and that Muslims have nothing to do with any terrorist attack), we can always blame Corona on the Jews too. Problem solved! :D

Who blamed 9-11 on Jews?

Just like we blamed 9/11 on the Jews and / or it being an 'inside job' (and that Muslims have nothing to do with any terrorist attack), we can always blame Corona on the Jews too. Problem solved!
Are you a retro German?

@Indus Pakistan

PakBrother mine,

Anti-Sinoism
is real for sometime and now it is going to grow further no doubt.

The SinoAmerican TradeWar
was just a manifestation of this...

We need to understand the consequences for us and OurLand... and of course, the ThirdWorld....

China became the defacto deriver/motor of the WorldEconomy in the aftermath of 2008 FinCrisis...it saved ASEAN in the earlier currency crisis of the 90s as well....

When we talk about China we are not talking about the mainland China alone...but the China and ASEAN as well... in terms of economy.... it is one economic integerated space.

A couple of years ago data showed that the Chinese tourist spent $200+Bln abroad... and the lust for Euro/American brands is unstoppable in China as in JP... status symbols of the rich and aspiring... and then mutual trade between China and the CombinedWest is not going to be replaced that easily...

Just a food for thought if Chinese economy slows down the global economy will suffer...same as in the case of the US.

Low end manufacturing has been leaving China for sometime now... as the wage rise and environmental conditions changed the PRC policies... BD's boom of nicker exports is a tiny example.. China has moved up the ValueChain. G5 is but a tiny example...

Now if the CombinedWest stops trading with China...who are they going to trade with? India? Pakistan? ME?

The world is rather too intertwined that it is not that easy for one side to take unilateral actions... for now the OrangeBall will do his rhetoric and the ChineseMedia will counter it...

Virus is a Virus because it is a Virus...and apparently it is mutating... the situation of Bella Italia is rather painful to watch.

And yes, there is going be public hatred towards the Chinese in the West
... and this might also result in some hatecrimes too...

What we are going to do? Pakistan is now in effective lockdown and we might soon seen the First Peak of the infection and its results.... @RescueRanger @masterchief_mirza @BHarwana

Can the world afford a major Conflict? Who will suffer the most?

Pakistan was just about ready to breath economically given the state of damage the EconomicTerrorism did to OurLand...and with this pandemic we are going to face deep recession...

That there is an existential Agnst regarding the Rise of China in the western world is a given...and understandable... imagine you have a business...and market share ...and then someone else comes along and takes a major share of your business...

It is the NEED of this DarkHour that both the CombinedWest and China come together and develop a framework of the new Financial Architecture that is acceptable to all...

This will only work if the G30 meeting/conference is held and a NewGlobalDeal is made to kick start the GlobalDevelopment Project...

Post pandemic the GlobalPoverty shall see new accuteness and naturally Rise in HumanMisery!

Can we afford the repeat of WW2?

In that time the nature and number of weapons was far less than we have today...not talking about WMDz here...

I do hope that the better sense pervails... the CombinedWest can keep its life-style and for that GlobalSouth also needs to develop...

Recession this time is not going to be like FinCrisis... we need a new GlobalSocialContract!

Mangus

@Slav Defence @dbc @PakSword @WebMaster @KAL-EL @Shotgunner51 @Dubious @Signalian @Major Sam @blain2 @Horus @The Eagle @Irfan Baloch

Excellent post, Paa Jee.

Back
Top Bottom