What's new

from 43 cases of hazardous conditions in the world, 34 are in Iran.

mangekyo

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Geologist Says The Ground Is Sinking In 300 Regions Of Iran

05ACB59C-62A3-42DA-B683-2BC16C48855C_w1023_r1_s.jpg

A sinkhole in Iran. Undated

The head of Iran’s Geological Agency says that in 300 plains in Iran the earth is sinking and huge sinkholes are appearing.

Alireza Shahidi says that the capital city Tehran is sinking 35 centimeters (more than a foot) a year, ISNA reports.

Shahidi compared Iran with the European Union and says that a four millimeter subsidence in Europe is considered a crisis, while the surface in many areas in Iran is subsiding 35 cm a year.

There have been frequent reports in the past three years in Iran about the ground sinking and sinkholes appearing. Last year, the official news agency IRNA reported that in some areas the ground has subsided 54 cm or nearly two feet, which is 140 times the world standard considered critical.

Shahidi also said that from 43 cases of hazardous conditions in the world, 34 are in Iran.

Mismanagement of underground natural water reservoirs is a major cause of earth subsidence. In Iran shortage of water has led to the depletion of underground reserves, which in turn cause the earth to sink and in some cases big sinkholes to appear.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/geologi...-sinking-in-300-regions-of-iran/29808619.html

Typical of Mullah leadership. Not to worry. The Mahdi will appear soon , restore the water table, and smite the Great Satan at the same time.
Why should we wait for Mahdi (PBUH).
We let one of favorite Zionist puppets to take the power in Iran and he will solve all the problems, from droughts to Global Warming!

Nonetheless, I think it would be good to create a lake in southern Tehran, something like Atlantis, it will attract tourists!

all these nationalism aside , the problem with Ground sinking is if it continue then when drought is finished if it finish it become impossible to replenish under ground water bed

Nonetheless, I think it would be good to create a lake in southern Tehran, something like Atlantis, it will attract tourists!
Good Idea and it also benefit environment in those area but with what ? does we have enough water for that ?
also those the soil in those area support this project ? these are the problems that must be answered first .

Good Idea and it also benefit environment in those area but with what ? does we have enough water for that ?
also those the soil in those area support this project ? these are the problems that must be answered first .
Why do you think ancient Iranian have dug their Qanats, drought cycles aren't new, so don't worry about water of my lake, if water can't go down, then it has to stay atop!

So my only remaining concern is whether the subsidence rate is enough or not!

Iran needs to start talking revolutionary steps in this water sector. We need to start replenishing our ground water by using water which we desalinated. We also need to start making more artificial lakes and forestation programs.
Also, I am not sure who strict water use is in Iran but we need to control water use much more strictly.

Why do you think ancient Iranian have dug their Qanats, drought cycles aren't new, so don't worry about water of my lake, if water can't go down, then it has to stay atop!

Duh!

"Evaporation of water occurs when the surface of the liquid is exposed, allowing molecules to escape and form water vapor; this vapor can then rise up and form clouds. With sufficient energy, the liquid will turn into vapor." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporation

Of course, the Mullahs can stop evaporation at any time by calling for the help of the Mahdi to ensure that Lake Tehran remains a good tourist attraction.

if the water cant go down then those Qanats won't work.
you want those Qanats work blind all deep wells , stop receding of underground waterbeds and then you'll have working Qanats, by the way who in its right mind draw water from underground beds for building a lake , you want a lake , get water from somewhere else , get a canal to Caspian sea and bring water from there.

Iran needs to start talking revolutionary steps in this water sector. We need to start replenishing our ground water by using water which we desalinated. We also need to start making more artificial lakes and forestation programs.
Also, I am not sure who strict water use is in Iran but we need to control water use much more strictly.
the majority of the waste of water in Iran is due to stone-age farming techniques and old industry so please don't blame on wasting it by people in cities.

the majority of the waste of water in Iran is due to stone-age farming techniques and old industry so please don't blame on wasting it by people in cities.

You clearly are living in la la land if you think 'people in cities" are angels that ration water. The amount of time you see people leave their shelengs out pouring out water etc Farming is another factor but lets not get confused.

Last edited:
The issue with water is not that complicated:
There was a time that earth natural resources were able to support Human growth and life style as it is. We were able to get water for free using melting glaciers or rivers. We were able to use water canals off the rivers to irrigate our farms. We were able to extract water from underground reservoirs. All of these were very cheap as we were just tapping into what already existed.

Now the earth can no longer support us. This is a worldwide issue and has nothing to do with government. The fact is Iran's land has never had so many people living in it. Its rivers and underground water resources are just not enough. There are two ways to this problem:

1-Reduce the population to 30 million that seem to be what the land could naturally support or
2-Accept the fact that the days of free water, free clean air and free anything are over. build water desalination plants and pump the water out of the sea to anywhere we need. Reduce the water consumption by using high efficiency sanitary hardware and irrigation systems. It is as easy as that. And yes, water is going to be much more expensive then it is today. That is just a reality of today's life.

You clearly are living in la la land if you think 'people in cities" are angels that ration water. The amount of time you see people leave their shelengs out pouring out water etc Farming is another factor but lets not get confused.
Only if you knew the percentage of water wasted in those sectors.
از ۹۰ درصد آب اختصاصی به بخش کشاورزی، ۶۰ درصد هدر می رود با این حال، تمرکز روی مصرف آب توسط مردم قرار گرفته که کل آب اختصاصی‌شان دو درصد است البته باید به این نکته هم اشاره کرد که این موضوع دلیلی نمی شود تا رفتار مصرف مردم را در بخش آب توجیه کند؛
https://www.ilna.ir/بخش-سایر-رسانه-ها-10/203700-درصد-آب-بخش-کشاورزی-هدر-می-
رود-کاهش-منابع-آب-تجدید-شونده

https://article.irna.ir/fa/NewsPrint.aspx?ID=8541
Now tell me who live in la la land .

Back
Top Bottom