What's new

French bag India’s largest defence order for fighter jets

aanshu001

Reaction score
India’s largest ever defence deal, a $10.4 billion (Rs.52,000 crore) order for 126 fighter jets for the air force, has gone to France’s Dassault after over four years of a fiercely-fought bidding process.

Finally, it was a direct financial duel between Dassault and European consortium Eurofighter and Rafale pipped Typhoon with the lowest bid to emerge winner of what is also one of the largest such deals globally.

“Dassault has been informed that it has emerged L1 in the bid for 126 multi-role fighter aircraft tender,” a defence ministry official told IANS, referring to the lowest price quoted for the Rafale.

“But the contract will be signed only in the next financial year.”

The other four aircraft in the fray earlier were American firms Lockheed Martin’s F-16 and Boeing’s F/A-18, Russian United Aircraft Corporation’s MiG-35 and Swedish SAAB’s Gripen.

Link: http://idrw.org/?p=663

ooh boy........ lets hope it does not turnout 2 be just like scorpion subs deal

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

India’s largest ever defence deal, a $10.4 billion (Rs.52,000 crore) order for 126 fighter jets for the air force, has gone to France’s Dassault after over four years of a fiercely-fought bidding process.

Finally, it was a direct financial duel between Dassault and European consortium Eurofighter and Rafale pipped Typhoon with the lowest bid to emerge winner of what is also one of the largest such deals globally.

“Dassault has been informed that it has emerged L1 in the bid for 126 multi-role fighter aircraft tender,” a defence ministry official told IANS, referring to the lowest price quoted for the Rafale.

“But the contract will be signed only in the next financial year.”

The other four aircraft in the fray earlier were American firms Lockheed Martin’s F-16 and Boeing’s F/A-18, Russian United Aircraft Corporation’s MiG-35 and Swedish SAAB’s Gripen.

Link: http://idrw.org/?p=663

by the way this link does not work

ooh boy........ lets hope it does not turnout 2 be just like scorpion subs deal

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

by the way this link does not work

Dassault would be so grateful for this, I am sure Sarko would be dancing in the Elyse Palace. :D

It is true. Rafale won it. Typhoon is just too effing expensive. That's the problem.

I must say that RAFALE was the true multi role fighter available in the category. EFT was out and out Air superiority type.

Between the heavy Super Su30-MKI and LCAs, we needed a true multi role fighter which can support LCA and MKIs by having good A2G capability. IAF has made the wisest choice.

RAFALE can not only act as interceptor but can be used in Air - Superiority ( very close to EFT levels ) as well as for SEAD missions + Super performance while flying low and what not.

A true muti role fighter indeed !!

^^
Yes Ground attack of Rafale is far Superior than EF.

caricature_of_sarkozy_196965.jpg

What's the bet that next meeting following this, Sarko would French Kiss MMS? :D.

When US clinched the landmark nuke breakthrough, Bush jumped on MMS like a newly wed hubby. :lol:

I won't be surprised if Sarko would break that record.

True very much friend !!!
I was one of the rafale fans from the start !!
But there was a indication before that EFT gonna win , but was thoroughly surprised and i welcome it !!
Go-hong RAFALE, Welcome to IAF , one of the standard and best Air force of the world !! :)

may be RF is good choice because its fully operational unlike EF

Finally.
Hurrahhhh.
Now let the comparisons begin Jf-17 vs Rafale, J10 vs Rafale, J20 vs Rafale.:lol:

nope no comparison sir Rafale is better then any.... yup may be in future if PAk decided to go for EF than that would be fun to see....Which I think they might...

Back
Top Bottom