What's new

Freedom of speech shrinks in India, the world’s largest democracy

I wonder why no one bothered questioning India's secularism and India's democracy when Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses was banned in India, or when the Da Vinci Code was banned in India. Its only when a book which is offensive to Hindus is banned, is when people start questioning India's secular and democratic credentials. Fcking hypocrites.

The idea of secularism in India is to make sure no one's religious sentiment is hurt, the idea of secularism in the west is that no one gives a fck about religious sentiments, be Christian, Hindu or Islamic. The first system works for India and the second one works for the Western democracies. Both societies are vastly different, people are different, so you can't expect the same system to work for all.

And :lol: at the Pakistani OP doctoring titles to suit his agenda.

The truth is, with my interactions with Religious Hindus or Muslims, they WILL not tolerate views that contradicts them. Doing so, will cause them to throw hissy fits.

And for some of the Pakistani posters, I am sure if the Satanic verses was de-banned tomorrow, these folks would be here de crying the fact that minorities are being bullied again.

People are selfish by nature. They want their sentiments not hurt. But the rest of the people, screw them.

IMO, Hindus, Atheists, Muslims they all don't have a right not to get their sentiments hurt.

Some posters in this forum just like the offence mongers in real world use 'hurt sentiments' to shut down debate.

The truth is, with my interactions with Religious Hindus or Muslims, they WILL not tolerate views that contradicts them. Doing so, will cause them to throw hissy fits.

And for some of the Pakistani posters, I am sure if the Satanic verses was de-banned tomorrow, these folks would be here de crying the fact that minorities are being bullied again.

People are selfish by nature. They want their sentiments not hurt. But the rest of the people, screw them.

IMO, Hindus, Atheists, Muslims they all don't have a right not to get their sentiments hurt.

Some posters in this forum just like the offence mongers in real world use 'hurt sentiments' to shut down debate.

That's just BS, good BS for the most part but still BS.

What an inane statement- "IMO, Hindus, Atheists, Muslims they all don't have a right not to get their sentiments hurt."

Boohoo my sentiments got hurt, could someone also wipe my *** and change my diapers while they're on and about dealing with my tantrums.:cray:

@Aeronaut Oye do something about the title yaara, faaltu mei banda provoke kar raha sare Indian posters ko.

Last edited:

What an inane statement- "IMO, Hindus, Atheists, Muslims they all don't have a right not to get their sentiments hurt."

Boohoo my sentiments got hurt, could someone also wipe my *** and change my diapers while they're on and about dealing with my tantrums.:suicide:

wait, did you agree or disagree with my post I am a little confused :unsure:

Edit: I think you did agree. Was a bit confused there :-)

i agree . . but . . when Mods , think tanks, elite members, senior members can troll . . why can't i ??

and hey . . i wasn't even trolling a genuine guy :sad:

you have to remember that a lot of people throw around the word troll for frivolous reason. Unless you go out of your way to offend people, or you breach forum rules, just be yourself is my advice.

I agreed with it expect for the part which I put in quotes in my own post.

The hell

129fs916747.gif

What I said was since hurting sentiments is a subjective terms - One Muslim could be offended while another, It is a pretty stupid reason.

Since we are 'supposed' to be a democracy, the critics could have torn the books to shreds.

:-)

you have to remember that a lot of people throw around the word troll for frivolous reason. Unless you go out of your way to offend people, or you breach forum rules, just be yourself is my advice.

After watching the rational debate on this particular thread . . . . . i lost my faith in congent . . .:tup:

particularly for the issues related to religion :agree:

Hindus in Pakistan angered over forced conversions to Islam

thank you for the encouragement, bro . . .:taz:

Last edited:
Good to know op can smell democracy. I remember our hilarious saga of "nonveg goats" few years back :-)

Boohoo my sentiments got hurt, could someone also wipe my *** and change my diapers while they're on and about dealing with my tantrums.:cray:

@Aeronaut Oye do something about the title yaara, faaltu mei banda provoke kar raha sare Indian posters ko.

Why should a book with clear factual in accuracies need to be published ? If a book talks false about any riligion just to show it in a bad light it should be published for what ? freedom of speech ? There is absolutely nothing wrong with banning a book which hurts religious sentiments with factual inaccuracies..

And the book "The Hindus" was banned with a court hearing so the whole freedom of speech nonsense goes out of the window .. Indian courts aren't kangaroo courts ..

Good to know op can smell democracy. I remember our hilarious saga of "nonveg goats" few years back :-)

What does Democracy smell like?

I've been to Democratic places, they smell alright.

I'm from a Pseudo-Democratic city (HK), it smells alright.

I regularly visit non-Democratic cities in mainland China like Shanghai and Shenzhen, they smell alright too.

I don't understand the title of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom