What's new

France says Dassault’s $15bn Rafale India deal needs more negotiations

nothing is final for Quatari order...........

Especially the 72 is just a myth, even recent reports suggested only 24 to 36 and if we keep in mind that the aim is to replace just 12 x Mirage 2000s, that seems to be the far more realistic figure. What's interesting though is, if the Qatari's will go for a second fighter type from the US, to gain more political advantages and operational alternatives. Same way UAE or the Saudis went. That could once again reduce the number of Rafales order and split into 2 x 24 fighters, Rafale + X.

Again its not "these"..... if you want to order , order them...separate..alag...different....not binding to this deal.

Let me switch on my kindergarten mode to explain.

A shopkeeper is known for making laddu on order.

I go and negotiate some laddu for a party and then i cancel it before he makes.

You go buy your laddu not my laddu as the laddu maker will make laddu and that is his job.

Got it? o_O

Still this kind of mode is evident.
Pakistan looking to sell combat jets to Saudi Arabia

Especially the 72 is just a myth, even recent reports suggested only 24 to 36 and if we keep in mind that the aim is to replace just 12 x Mirage 2000s, that seems to be the far more realistic figure. What's interesting though is, if the Qatari's will go for a second fighter type from the US, to gain more political advantages and operational alternatives. Same way UAE or the Saudis went. That could once again reduce the number of Rafales order and split into 2 x 24 fighters, Rafale + X.

Same equipment for GCC would be force multiplier. Whats your say?

We need to make sure that Rafale deal is signed maximum by march-15, if it more than that then we will have to order extra suk 30 mki, as the attrition rate of fighter retiring will only increase in next 2 years. Suk 30 assembly line will become idle from 2018, and HAL require at least 48 month for it to prepare for assembly of Rafale.
Mig 21 and 27, will retire in big numbers and i don't see Tejas filling it up in great numbers, i am afraid Tejas-2 is going to be late...... If we do not take the act now our fighter sqardorn will be 26 to 28 by 2018 end by my calculation.
@ sancho - can you put some light on this. Its really grim picture for IAF, hopefully i am wrong on this.

So I am guessing the main problem with the deal is the delivery guarantee, personally I am with France on this one, they shouldn't be held responsible if HAL isn't capable of making and providing the planes on timely manner.

We need to make sure that Rafale deal is signed maximum by march-15, if it more than that then we will have to order extra suk 30 mki, as the attrition rate of fighter retiring will only increase in next 2 years. Suk 30 assembly line will become idle from 2018, and HAL require at least 48 month for it to prepare for assembly of Rafale.
Mig 21 and 27, will retire in big numbers and i don't see Tejas filling it up in great numbers, i am afraid Tejas-2 is going to be late...... If we do not take the act now our fighter sqardorn will be 26 to 28 by 2018 end by my calculation.
@ sancho - can you put some light on this. Its really grim picture for IAF, hopefully i am wrong on this.

Check this older post:

IAF will still need 400 light class aircraft in next 2 decade | Page 2

So I am guessing the main problem with the deal is the delivery guarantee, personally I am with France on this one, they shouldn't be held responsible if HAL isn't capable of making and providing the planes on timely manner.

This whole issue is less about HAL, than about the workshare agreement that Dassault is trying to tilt more in the favour of their partner Reliance, which then also is more in their own interests. Dassault must be taken accountable if HAL can't deliver in time, because of mistakes Dassault did, just as BAE was taken accountable:

BAE Pays Damages To India Over Hawk Trainer Buy | Defense content from Aviation Week

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom