What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

Two things for which i am willing to forgive Pakistan Cricket team's fallacy:
1-Pakistan JF-17 gets the much needed western avionics and weapons
2-Pakistan buys the UAE Mirage 2000 fleet.
Also the Qatari Mirage 2000

Damn!!.

Now, if India does go ahead and signs the Rafale. .A delusional crowd will claim it was done because of Pakistan and done to keep Pakistan away from French avionics.

Lose lose for us on the forums.:angry:

Even if this deal was dead the sum total of all other potential deals between India and France is FAR greater than what Pakistan would ever be able to offer for the JF-17 sub-systems so i can say with full confidence @Horus's "sources" are blatantly lying.

They may not be lying. It could be that they are talking of outdated information( as happens on and off).. or that a Query regarding a potential sale really does wish for French hardware on the aircraft(which was always possible). Hence, the French may not leave out the opportunity to have the guy writing the daily IAF intelligence report that gets circulated amongst air staff to present some worrying details and have them make calls to the MoD.

Damn!!.

Now, if India does go ahead and signs the Rafale. .A delusional crowd will claim it was done because of Pakistan and done to keep Pakistan away from French avionics.

Lose lose for us on the forums.:angry:
This may not be too removed from the truth given this "news" has little credible information.....

Highly placed industrial sources have indicated to me that the deal for advanced Avionics, Radar, EW suite, HMD/S and MICA Missiles for PAF's JF-17 Thunder jets is back on the table. The deal was postponed after India removed Rafale from its MMRCA. Now that the Rafale deal with India is stalling, the French are willing to sell the whole package PAF wants for its Thunder fleet.

@Windjammer :enjoy:
And in the old thread where this deal was scuttled, most Pakistani members were claiming that Chinese avionics are now even better and hence french stuff was anyway not needed. Given the enthusiasm being seen on this "highly placed sources" backed news, looks like that was a case of sour grapes :D

anyway, are these verifiable sources, or is it based on an uncle's friend being high up in PAF or ISI kind of news. ?

Highly placed industrial sources have indicated to me that the deal for advanced Avionics, Radar, EW suite, HMD/S and MICA Missiles for PAF's JF-17 Thunder jets is back on the table. The deal was postponed after India removed Rafale from its MMRCA. Now that the Rafale deal with India is stalling, the French are willing to sell the whole package PAF wants for its Thunder fleet.

@Windjammer :enjoy:
I trust you lol :lol:
Like I trusted you when you came up with the letter from Kashmiris :enjoy: from highly trusted sources

Congrats anyways :partay:
I will add this weapons package to the "Pakistan hidden weapon systems" which includes the likes of Tipu :pleasantry:

They may not be lying. It could be that they are talking of outdated information( as happens on and off).. or that a Query regarding a potential sale really does wish for French hardware on the aircraft(which was always possible). Hence, the French may not leave out the opportunity to have the guy writing the daily IAF intelligence report that gets circulated amongst air staff to present some worrying details and have them make calls to the MoD.
Well I guess anything is possible but I don't know if the IAF intel guys really monitor such things and even if they do, remove the Rafale deal from the equation and the sum total of potential defence deals between India and France and Pakistan and France grossly favours India effectively shutting the door for Pakistan almost entirely so it seems this simply can't be truthful on any level.

French wont sell at least the required technology as Thunder could some time come across on competition on any sale deal with Mirage 2000. They would never make it equivalent to MK2 or attach alot of strings with it to restrain it from selling against them. If they could raise price for India many times then why not for Pakistan on any time. Even if thay allow it that could only for Pakistan for a batch may be 50 aircrafts with western avionics as Pakistan once have thought for it.

@Horus We better stick to Chinese rather than going for France because as long as France is in talks with India over Mirage they will never sell us what we want

If this kind of attitude continues thunder is getting that package for sure.

This is the right attitude.India is spending 620 billion $ within one decade.And half of it would be for defence .If they dont wwant these market so be it.

Back
Top Bottom