What's new

France Offers 2 Quick Scorpenes, DCNS 'Worried' About DRDO's AIP

we should go for it.I strongly think that we should get 6 more modified Scorpenes directly,but this can't happen as P-75I will take years just to reach the same conclusion. :disagree:

Scorpenes are the best what we could get from the market,other two close contenders are Type-214(having a lot of problems) and New Russian Amur.we're not getting S-1000 or Lada class(Amur is just export version of these).

in tandem,we should also work with Russia for their proposed JV for new subs.I strongly think P-75I should be our last purchase of conventional subs.

Why not install in first place instead of upgrading them which would obviously take time?
It wasn't available when we first ordered (and finalized contracts for) the scorpene.

we should go for it.I strongly think that we should get 6 more modified Scorpenes directly,but this can't happen as P-75I will take years just to reach the same conclusion. :disagree:

Scorpenes are the best what we could get from the market,other two close contenders are Type-214(having a lot of problems) and New Russian Amur.we're not getting S-1000 or Lada class(Amur is just export version of these).

in tandem,we should also work with Russia for their proposed JV for new subs.I strongly think P-75I should be our last purchase of conventional subs.

Best option is to go for SSNs for future acquisitions.

as usual the drdo couldn't even make an aip!!
i mean comeon,there is a limit to everything..........reforms are urgently needed

and does anyone really think that they will help us in building our own aip??
are we living in fool's paradise or what??
Wow and when they said that DRDO Can't make AIP?? All they are saying that it's AIP won't be available on time but then again DCNS is also 5 years late delivering subs so its like thief calling another man a thief.

Though i have many other documents to vividly describe the working principle of AIP, but won't reveal it because of the sensitivity of the documents. And i did my internship with DRDO on nanostructured Zirconium based active surface for hydrolysis of water.

This might give you a fare idea.
http://web.iitd.ac.in/~sbasu/seminar/presentation/3S.R.ChoudhuryNMRL,DRDO mbernath.pdf

It's not a smart move to upgrade it at a later stage, but Indian Navy is optimistic on the AIP developed by DRDO.
its all cool man
my limited point being without private industry support,it will be very difficult

I believe our first SSN will be ready by mid of next decade even though they'll not declare this project for some years from now. I think a SSN based on Arihant will just work fine initially.

Though i have many other documents to vividly describe the working principle of AIP, but won't reveal it because of the sensitivity of the documents. And i did my internship with DRDO on nanostructured Zirconium based active surface for hydrolysis of water.

This might give you a fare idea.
http://web.iitd.ac.in/~sbasu/seminar/presentation/3S.R.ChoudhuryNMRL,DRDO mbernath.pdf

It's not a smart move to upgrade it at a later stage, but Indian Navy is optimistic on the AIP developed by DRDO.

The news in the OP is interesting. That DCNS has moved to fuel-cells for the 2nd gen AIP tech. Until now; reports seemed to indicate that IN was not keen on MESMA and preferred Fuel Cells; though their first preference was the Stirling process. Which had led to detailed discussions with Kockums.

What do you make of all that?

Wow and when they said that DRDO Can't make AIP?? All they are saying that it's AIP won't be available on time but then again DCNS is also 5 years late delivering subs so its like thief calling another man a thief.
its the same story every time
if drdo cannot make air for scorpenes what will we do with aip even if we develop it??
we are not building any diesel subs ourselves(non jv)
ssbn and ssn don't need aip
the project p-75i tenders already call for aip and it will be provided by oem itself

so it was now or never opportunity for drdo and it just missed it

Home Grown SSN will take years,but we should go for it.I don't like the idea of leasing.of course home grown one will not be on par with western one,but thats the way.but I think our future fleet will be combination of both as coastal regions around India is best for light Diesel Electric subs and not ideal space for heavy SSN.

yup,i second that

the main advantage of home grown ssn will be that it will have provision of longer range missiles.russian leased ones cannot do that due to mctr

its the same story every time
if drdo cannot make air for scorpenes what will we do with aip even if we develop it??
we are not building any diesel subs ourselves(non jv)
ssbn and ssn don't need aip
the project p-75i tenders already call for aip and it will be provided by oem itself

so it was now or never opportunity for drdo and it just missed it
DRDO missed it?? Just because a french company said so?? Ofcourse they don't want DRDO to make AIP for Scorpenes as for each of french AIP they'll charge $150 million more. So at the end it's all about business. But I hope new govt will not be like current govt.

I thought IN was intent on Stirling AIP.

Well, one is better than the other. 2nd-gen MESMA with fuel cell tech should
be a good bet for Scorpene. I feel if 2nd-gen MESMA is contracted, we should
abandon th P-75I project altogether and buy an additional 4-6 Scorpenes, all
readily fitted with 2nd-gen MESMA.

the point being drdo aip has either being not finished or just not reliable enough
if u know my attitude i would be happiest person here if drdo makes this aip...................this must be fast tracked if already is not.
if they need help involve russians if french are not helping,just do it

a good idea as the tender of p-75i will take ages and again we need to start from scratch with newer sub

the point being drdo aip has either being not finished or just not reliable enough
if u know my attitude i would be happiest person here if drdo makes this aip...................this must be fast tracked if already is not.
if they need help involve russians if french are not helping,just do it

a good idea as the tender of p-75i will take ages and again we need to start from scratch with newer sub
see dude I respect your views about our babus and DRDO. Even I am not a fan of DRDO. But you know sometimes we blame DRDO when we shoul blame our own govt irrespecitive of which party is in power. They don't allote enough money for RnD and expect them to do wonders. These ISRO/DRDO guys work for 30-40 thousand salary which is less than what one can easily earn with some private company with little experience. Fact is DRDO is working on 100s of projects atonce that too without any previous experience so some failures are expected. We'll see success only after some experience irrespective of results even if they fail initially.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom