What's new

Fourth T-50 Stealth Fighter Flies

Cheers for the clarifications buddy. I thought he meant the T-50 :cheers:

No bro. actually he said was FGFA prototype. we are not getting any PAK FA prototype. our IAF members are going to russia from second half of 2013 to get training. And we are getting PAK FA from 2017.

its around 57 to 60 million per unit, as per wiki . But i guess it would go higher .

no thats for russian airforce current rate. but once production variant rolled out with new engines and all subsystems it goes upto 75-80 mil for RuAF and for IAF 95-100 mil(without weapon systems). FGFA will cost more than 110 mill.

Dr Carlo Kopp's assesment report mentions a Sukhoi claim where comparison is made between Su35 and FGFA design. The RCS is claimed to be 1/40th for FGFA vis-a-vis Su35 (which is claimed to be in order of 0.5-2 sq m).
The only cited RCS performance data was a recent claim by Sukhoi that the PAK-AF will have 1/40 of the RCS of the Su-35S. Unfortunately this was not qualified by threat operating band, aspect, or whether the Su-35S was clean or laden with external stores.
The RCS of the Su-35S, head-on in the X-band, has not been disclosed, but given the extensive RAM treatments applied could be as low as 0.5 - 2 m2 for a clean aircraft with no stores. If the latter were true, then the PAK-FA X-band head-on RCS would be of the order of -13 to -19 dBSM. Such performance would be consistent with the shaping design, but not with the application of mature RAM and RAS to same.
Anyway Sukhoi has never claimed T-50 to be a rival of F-22 and is said to be designed to counter F-35 and Chinese Stealth which it is likely to meet in combat.
sukhoi_T-50-1_PAK_FA.jpg

Chendu_J_20_US_F_22_Sukhoi_T_50_pak_fa_Stealth_Fighters_1.jpg

Thermal images of stealth beasts
Chendu_J_20_US_F_22_Sukhoi_T_50_pak_fa_Stealth_Fighters_.JPG

su27t50f22comp.jpg

T50.jpg

no thats for russian airforce current rate. but once production variant rolled out with new engines and all subsystems it goes upto 75-80 mil for RuAF and for IAF 95-100 mil(without weapon systems). FGFA will cost more than 110 mill.

I think after the change of avionics in FAGFA the price will soar up to 100 million + . Though i think Pakfa alone without weapon will surely be under 80 million,

I think after the change of avionics in FAGFA the price will soar up to 100 million + . Though i think Pakfa alone without weapon will surely be under 80 million,

hardly matters since we aint procuring it for a joyride :lol:

100 millions can't say expensive when it comes to a 5gen fighters.

India is really investing lots nowadays in military development, 30 billions sounds really hell
Lots of money.

$ 30 billion includes deveopment as well as procurement cost of 150 fighters. If we do a rough Maths of price per piece then.
considering deveopment to cost $6 billion
price of 1 bird round about $ 0.16 billion

Yes, but i want India to go for 30-50 V/STOL F-35B to be operated from LHDs which India is planning to acquire in near future. As a replacement for our Harrier class.

IN has never requested infos about the B version, nor are they searching for an Sea Harrier replacement, it was LM that presented infos of both fighters.
IN don't won't fighters with vertical landing capability anymore, that's why all 3 coming carriers will have angled decks and arrested landing capability.

Mate, T-50 though started as a Russian project is no more just Russian, now India is an equal partner in it, Every decision is taken with other's consent.

+ no tech. can remain a state-secret for long, be it nuke weapons or 5th gen tech. every nation knows that, besides India is only involving it's trusted friends into the project.

Your talking about FGFA, not PAK FA

Whats the percentage of sharing stealth tech with India.Do they share engine tech and other significant tech like AEsa radars to us?
or v r just providing know how only in avionics department ?

If PAKFA redesign the nozzole and replace the canopy with a single peice, it will be a cool killer. I can't image what is China, India, and Russia JV produce a 5gen fighers looks like.

Whats the percentage of sharing stealth tech with India.Do they share engine tech and other significant tech like AEsa radars to us?
or v r just providing know how only in avionics department ?
I mean what is the key contribution of India in PAKFA project other than Money? Avionics? Someone please kindly share. Money is always the problem Russian have to face, and its technology reserve will fade out if India and China don't buy weapons from Russia. It's time Russia give out the best weapon in its arsenal for trade.

IN has never requested infos about the B version, nor are they searching for an Sea Harrier replacement, it was LM that presented infos of both fighters.
IN don't won't fighters with vertical landing capability anymore, that's why all 3 coming carriers will have angled decks and arrested landing capability.
F35B is a state of art platform, India should go for it if possible. The only flaw of purchasing American weapon is they will never allow you to reverse or transer the tech to India.

If China India and Russia could coproduce a 5 gen figher, it will crush USAAF's F22.

Back
Top Bottom