What's new

Four TTP terrorists arrested in Punjab, terror attacks on top leadership averted

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Four TTP terrorists arrested in Punjab, terror attacks on top leadership averted
17 Jul, 2018

four-ttp-terrorists-arrested-in-punjab-terror-attacks-on-top-leadership-averted-1531841706-6269.jpg

*LAHORE: Four alleged terrorists belonging to the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) were arrested in a massive intelligence-based operation (IBO) conducted by the police’s counter-terrorism department (CTD) in Multan, thwarting plans of disrupting the coming general elections.

The suspected terrorists were preparing to attack the top leadership of different political parties in Multan in a bid to disrupt the July 25 polls, the police claimed in a statement issued on Tuesday.

READ MORE: Investigations of Mastung incident handed over to CTD
The raid was carried out on an intelligence tip-off about presence of four terrorists of the proscribed organisation carrying arms and explosives on Bypass Road near Bakhtawar Amin Hospital.

“After receiving the information, the CTD personnel launched a big IBO involving deployment of dozens of intelligence officers. They dug out the hideout of terrorists and reached at the said place [to arrest the suspects],” the statement read.

READ MORE: CTD arrests 5 terrorists in Peshawar
Weapons including hand grenades and maps and TTP’s literature were recovered from the suspects, identified as Abdul Salam, M Liaquat, Wajidullah and M Ahmed.

The CTD police are confident of further disclosures and preparing to carry out more raids on information being extracted from the ongoing interrogation.

please mince them after getting all the info and feed them to hungry dogs.

I think we should take out all body parts f captured terrorists which can be donated to needy people instead of simply killing/hanging them. Same should be done to people who receive capital punishment. Make these scums somewhat usable.

I note that violent crime in Multan is below average and if I'm not mistaken - correct me if I'm wrong - there hasn't been a successful terror attack there in over a decade, though several have been foiled.

So if terror plot was attempted here, it perhaps isn't surprising that the perps got caught. Question is, are there also terror attacks in the works in other cities where the police CTD don't have as good a record?

I note that violent crime in Multan is below average and if I'm not mistaken - correct me if I'm wrong - there hasn't been a successful terror attack there in over a decade, though several have been foiled.

So if terror plot was attempted here, it perhaps isn't surprising that the perps got caught. Question is, are there also terror attacks in the works in other cities where the police CTD don't have as good a record?
People of Multan are very peace loving and so is rest of the South Punjab....most of the terrorist activities happen where Afghan refugees are in relatively large number and a few of them support the terrorists.

People of Multan are very peace loving and so is rest of the South Punjab....most of the terrorist activities happen where Afghan refugees are in relatively large number and a few of them support the terrorists.

Even during peak years, terrorism in Multan was negligible. But isn't Jhang in South Punjab? The epicenter of sectarian Takfiri groups.

Trying to take credit away from Multan's police? Really? Why? Why are you trying to avoid giving them credit for doing an especially good job of keeping Multanis safe from terrorists?

TTP. Now let me guess where they have their sanctuaries.

This is a gift to the people of Pakistan from our American and Indian friends in Afghanistan. They keep blaming Pakistan for not doing enough to curb cross border movement, but here we have TTP terrorists crossing over in broad daylight to kill innocent Pakistanis.

Trying to take credit away from Multan's police? Really? Why? Why are you trying to avoid giving them credit for doing an especially good job of keeping Multanis safe from terrorists?

There are multiple other reasons but police is the least factor.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom