What's new

Four explosions in Quetta

I blame Pakistan & Pakistan alone for allowing such foreign interference. I can't for a second think that our security apparatus isn't more than capable of shutting down all these foreign funded religious seminaries & cultural centers !

We seriously require to monitor & regulate these places, and there must be zero tolerance & capital punishment who incite hate against any religion, sect or etnicity. It's time to set merit based on qualification, credibility and background check for religious scholars. At the moment any tom, d!ck and harry who have beard can take mic in his hands and shoot from backside.

Yes - presumably remote-controlled blasts near Quetta Development Authority office

Any causalities ? I thought the place was locked down....The police should have searched the entire place....or is QDA office far away ?

QUETTA: A loud blast was heard on Friday in Balochistan’s capital Quetta, a day after a series of explosions claimed 102 lives in the restive city, DawnNews reported.

The powerful blast, which reported to have taken place in the city’s Sariab Road area, was said to have been heard from kilometres away.

Another powerful blast heard in Quetta | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

We seriously require to monitor & regulate these places, and there must be zero tolerance & capital punishment who incite hate against any religion, sect or etnicity. It's time to set merit based on qualification, credibility and background check for religious scholars. At the moment any tom, d!ck and harry who have beard can take mic in his hands and shoot from backside.

Absolutely ! There needs to be a national consensus of sorts whereby we decide :

(a) the kind of Islam the Islamic Republic of Pakistan will teach to its citizens.

(b) whether the Islamic Republic of Pakistan should do that to begin with ?

(c) where does the State's obligation to doing thus stops & the prerogative of each individual begins ?

(d) whether religious seminaries & religion in general needs to be regulated or deregulated by the State ?

(e) how does one go about 'regulating' religion & religious seminaries ?

(f) where do the 'security apparatus' come in all of this ?

I think its high-time that we ask ourselves these questions & wait for the next crop of Pakistanis to raise & answer them each successive generation as a matter of continuous self-appraisal in defining who we are & how we'd like ourselves to be governed in such aspects ?

Any causalities ? I thought the place was locked down....The police should have searched the entire place....or is QDA office far away ?

Initial report - no details yet. Quetta is big city can't be locked down.

Initial report - no details yet. Quetta is big city can't be locked down.

My bad...I can understand the difficulties and chaos factor.

Absolutely ! There needs to be a national consensus of sorts whereby we decide :

(a) the kind of Islam the Islamic Republic of Pakistan will teach to its citizens.

(b) whether the Islamic Republic of Pakistan should do that to begin with ?

(c) where does the State's obligation to doing thus stops & the prerogative of each individual begins ?

(d) whether religious seminaries & religion in general needs to be regulated or deregulated by the State ?

(e) how does one go about 'regulating' religion & religious seminaries ?

(f) where do the 'security apparatus' come in all of this ?

I think its high-time that we ask ourselves these questions & wait for the next crop of Pakistanis to raise & answer them each successive generation as a matter of continuous self-appraisal in defining who we are & how we'd like ourselves to be governed in such aspects ?

One more point if i may:

You guys are pakistanis....wear your national identities and protect it.

I find the muslim brotherhood as BS.

No offence intended.

I blame Pakistan & Pakistan alone for allowing such foreign interference. I can't for a second think that our security apparatus isn't more than capable of shutting down all these foreign funded religious seminaries & cultural centers !

When you have Generals playing Golf and the rest below running like chicken heads, it would just tell ya that the culture amongst an establishment aint a great one. In all honesty besides the Army, what has let the country down also are the Feudals and the Bureaucrats. In my view, they are all allies !

You guys are pakistanis....wear your national identities and protect it.

I find the muslim brotherhood as BS.

No offence intended.

Point noted !

But Muslim Brotherhood lies at the essence of Pakistan which makes a Baluch & a Pashtun call each other One Nation despite having a culture, language, traditions, values & history, at times, not only different but frictional with respect to each other !

Yes its far from being all rosy even withing Pakistan but its that ideal that binds us together & an ideal that the Muslim world will realize in generations to come till we've finally, in real terms, shrugged off the last vestiges of colonialism (present or past) & lived up to the term that is 'Sovereign States' !
@Ajaxpaul : Think of it in principally the same, though dynamically different, vein than the dharmic past that binds India together.

Last edited by a moderator:
This bombing shows the incompetence of the center and the failure in protecting the Hazaras in Quetta. Target killing has been a constant menace in this city and now there are huge bombings. The LEJ chief Malik Ishaq's release seems to have resulted in this new tactic. Otherwise LEJ militants were reliant on targeted attacks. LEJ is often acting as a veritable arm of the TTP. It is more than clear.

When you have Generals playing Golf and the rest below running like chicken heads, it would just tell ya that the culture amongst an establishment aint a great one. In all honesty besides the Army, what has let the country down also are the Feudals and the Bureaucrats.

Dunno yaar there appears to be either :

(a) a conscious acceptance of these elements by the security apparatus & the civilian executive alike

(b) or a naivete that beggars belief.

Point noted !

But Muslim Brotherhood lies at the essence of Pakistan which makes a Baluch & a Pashtun call each other One Nation despite having a culture, language, traditions, values & history, at times, not only different but frictional with respect to each other !

Yes its far from being all rosy even withing Pakistan but its that ideal that binds us together & an ideal that the Muslim world will realize in generations to come till we've finally, in real terms, shrugged off the last vestiges of colonialism (present or past) & lived up to the term that is 'Sovereign States' !
@Ajaxpaul : Think of it in principally the same, though dynamically different, vein than the dharmic past that binds India together.

I thought of replying....but you may be right. As a south Indian I may not know the realities :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno yaar there appears to be either :

(a) a conscious acceptance of these elements by the security apparatus & the civilian executive alike

(b) or a naivete that beggars belief.

Butt tell me you are not a supporter of Tahirul Qadri ? I was in Lahore when the Jalsa happened. I'm sure you saw how much money was spent on posters and 'renting the crowd'. If you are not a supporter of him, would you agree with me that he is somehow supported by the same establishment that had meddled in government affairs? It gets even more obvious when he walks in randomly in support for caretaker government. Don't you think something is wrong ?

QUETTA: A loud blast was heard on Friday in Balochistan’s capital Quetta, a day after a series of explosions claimed 102 lives in the restive city, DawnNews reported.

The powerful blast, which reported to have taken place in the city’s Sariab Road area, was said to have been heard from kilometres away.

Another powerful blast heard in Quetta | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Quetta police says NO FATALITY reported due to blast near QDA office, Double Road (Rescue workers say they picked up One injured) ..... Thanks God

Butt tell me if you are not a supporter of Tahirul Qadri ? I was in Lahore when the Jalsa happened. I'm sure you saw how much money was spent on posters and 'renting the crowd'. If you are not a supporter of him, would you agree with me that he is somehow supported by the same establishment ? It gets even more obvious when he comes in randomly in support for caretaker government don't you think ?

Don't you think PTI is better option for establishment to support.

Back
Top Bottom