What's new

Four explosions in Quetta

He introduce himself as

"An Indian born in Pakistan; a Punjabi born in Islam, of Hindu ancestry & Sikh heritage."

Ok, that makes more sense, cheers. I still feel though you risk tainting a lot of people born in Pakistan with your original statement.

1-14-2013_133066_1.gif

So, What you can expect from a Disco Molvi of Indian heritage who is 24 hours busy in propaganda against Pakistan and Muslims.

Then he needs to stop obsessing over Pakistan and concentrate all his useless energy on mother India

Dude, I am on bed with a fractured leg. I have all the energy to waste on PDF. :lol:

I hope your fractured leg gets better. But since you seem to have time for discussions, you still didn't answer my question:
My questions wasn't for you to show me stats for the Pakistanis. My QUESTION was, can YOU show me the stats of people killed IN India by Pakistani fundamentalists by attacking India, vs. the people killed (Christians and Muslims) by fundamental hindus WITHIN India. Which number is bigger? The later doesn't even have a ratio to the Pakistani terrorists. So, when are you going to stop Hindu terrorists killing Christians and Pakistanis IN India? Is the music of 'you are a terrorist' only for the Pakistanis to hear or is it for everyone who commits terrorist acts...in this case, your brethren Hindus belonging to BJP- Shiv Sena, etc?

Army needs unqualified and honest support of you and me and rest of the Pakistanis, no matter how thinly stretched it will win...................whatever the colour or title, I consider PDF as home and one of the best platforms for Pakistan so it wont matter whatever rank or title I hold. I will continue to write honestly and best to my knowledge.

Irfan Bhai
, I hear you but don't you think that the 'Establishment' & the 'Civilian Executive' should have built up a counter-narrative to all these assertions ? Don't you think that their lame denials or outright silence is what serves the 'dead-animal' analogy over here because the other side is getting their message across.

I've come across people who say 'Pehlee touu hummm Mujahideen theiii jubbb Roooos (Russia) ke khilaaaf larnaa thaaa aur abbb hum Terrorist haiiin' ? These same people try to add things up by themselves & give a base-line logic that is easier to understand by most ill-informed people out there; as I imagine it goes something like this :

'The US is bombarding our villages & killing our loved ones through drones'

'Pakistan's Army & Government are providing them the supply lines to do so & even helping them out in numerous ways'

What follows is : If Jihad is justified against the US on account of them murdering our sons & daughters then Jihad is justified against Pakistan as an accessory to murder.

Now do tell me what counter-narrative has the Pakistani Establishment provided against this that can reach the common & by the common man I mean the 'Pashtun cobbler' sitting across the street, the 'Punjabi Naaan walaaa' with his shop in the market & the 'Baloch Metalworker' working in his shop somewhere in Quetta !

Have we actually done anything to 'dent' the other side's continued insinuations or have we just stood by with reckless indifference knowing that because we're in the 'right' it'll all work out in the end !

The Army does indeed need 'unqualified' & 'honest' support from us but has it done enough in reaching out to the People of Pakistan & tried to get its point-across thereby bringing them on board ?

After talking to the common man I think that they haven't ! The Interior Ministry hasn't, the Defense Ministry hasn't - None of them have reached out to the common man & changed his perception about all of this !

In such circumstance, I would imagine, that it would be most unreasonable of us to assume that the 'common Pakistani' who is beyond confused & is more preoccupied with putting food on the table after working insane number of hours & in deplorable conditions is suddenly going to stand up & go on a fact finding mission to determine the veracity of the Molvi's or them Television Anchor's claims. Or is going to ask for evidence every time a by-stander makes some assertions against the Army during the course of small-talk.

Irfan Bhai, this lack of movement by the Establishment on realizing how important 'perception' is despite all we've been through in past 65 years, is idiotic to say the least. And this isn't just localized to the 'Afghan War' but is the same for everything else; from '71 to '99 to the BLA, the TTP & even the so-called Afghan Jihad & the Taliban - all of them !

Take the example of India in this ! What happens there ?

They accuse Pakistan of 'ABC' crime & what do we have to say for it ? Our ISPR issues a statement denying that or condemning that, a news anchor from Pakistan would do a talk show on it & perhaps the Foreign Minister would take the ISPR's statement, paraphrase it & then repeat it to a media outlet - these 3 & no more !

What do the Indians do instead ? For your 3 they bring 3000 opinions, articles, talk shows, news excerpts, statements etc. And whereas we make those statements & then forget about them thinking our job is done ! They recycle & repeat this the next day, the day after, the week after, the next month & then the next quarter over & over again.

Then after 5 years they do an 'Anniversary Special' on it & by this time their repertoire is full of the cumulative effect of their narration of events, very well targeted by using provocative keywords, full of conjecture & publicized to all & sundry , over a 5 year period !

Then after 10 years or so or whenever a repeat of a similar incident occurs or one that could be made to look like as if it were 'similar' they'd whip up yet another media frenzy ! At this time when you feel like pointing out that what is being said is purely conjecture & wholly unsubstantiated, they very conveniently point to about a 100,000 articles, news excerpts, statements, editorials, special reports & talk-shows on the subject & make a point that if all of them saying as such them maybe you're the one who is lying !

What kind of morons are we to be fooled by this process again & again & again ?

We can't even manage public perception on a domestic level despite being attacked with it viciously & most successfully in the past by our arch enemy ! We have learned nothing & because of that we lost '71 & this War long before the first bullet ever left the barrel ! Unless the Establishment realizes the worth of 'narratives' & 'perceptions' & has a dedicated propaganda & anti-propaganda wing to it - We can't win this war or any after this against a domestic or foreign foe.

P.S I said the 'first part' of my previous post in jest...lagtaa haiii aaap ghusaaa kar gaiii thats why such a serious reply ! Sorry ! :cray:

Irfan Bhai
, I hear you but don't you think that the 'Establishment' & the 'Civilian Executive' should have built up a counter-narrative to all these assertions ? Don't you think that their lame denials or outright silence is what serves the 'dead-animal' analogy over here because the other side is getting their message across.

this was exceptional writing I commend you and I must say this post deserves a stand alone place in our articles.
I have said this before that our state institutions have failed to sell the war to the general public therefore our public curses our military even when it sees the Taliban beheading our citizens. the population is like cattle and whoever does a better job of convincing it actually wins 50%.

this problem of failing to communicate and present ourselves nationally and internationally has long history and spans over the years. India is able to present a Bollywood happy feet face to the word despite over a million army crackdown on Kashmir for decades.

so yea there is lack of will or lack of capacity in all state organs to convince them how blowing up schools , Mosques & shops is not service to Islam & how killing male/ female health workers & doctors is not pleasing God and how mercilessly continuing to kill minorities is not service to Sahabah R.A but in fact is serving and pleasing the Devil.

praying for an able leadership with courage and determination to change the course. Inshallah

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom