What's new

Former DG ISI My comments have been twisted

I see little evidence or interpretation of fact in the Jamestown article. Butt didn't talk about how he researched anything. His statements about Abbotabad appear to be mere speculation.

On the other hand, Butt may shed a little light, from his personal experience, upon the separation-of-powers in the Pakistani military: what the IB knows is known to the COAS, but not necessarily the ISI chief. Is there anything else one can salvage from his statements?

circumstantial evidence indicates could be true. It's hard to get evidence when entire government want to hide it. But enough of circumstantial evidence.

even a few months back I saw a Video where an ISI chief called OBL blue eyed of ISI.

thank you for admitting arundati roy speaks truth in india.

Arundati roy has no political or legal standing (present or past) so she can speak for her behavior and not Indian state's.. Unless you are equating a journalist of India having same stature as the head of ISI of Pakistan ;)

Falsehood and lies dont stand a chance to be up on their feet as evident by this article!

Not the horse's mouth at all - the man was kicked out of the Army by Musharraf long before any of the events he claims to have knowledge about occurred, and the fact that he was kicked out by Musharraf means that he would have a vested interest in maligning Musharraf.

And that makes him wrong.. Ok.. if you say so..

:lol:

What happened to the logic from the bharatis? The logic of course goes out the window when talking about allegations against Pakistan. What makes him wrong is that he's talking about events that didn't happen during his tenure, hence he has to show some evidence for his claims.

circumstantial evidence indicates could be true. It's hard to get evidence when entire government want to hide it. But enough of circumstantial evidence.

millions of Iraqis have died because of circumstantial evidence which is being used a reason to invade other countries.

=== somthing I posted earlier might help you to understand?

Dont you just love the indians getting so excited about conspiracy theories that are represented as fact, they are learning from western propoganda that facts are an optional extra lol
the facts as they see it are from someone who is commenting about events after his dishonourable discharge, and the facts are actually what he "believes" meaning he is speculating. on top of that an organisation that operates strictly on domestic matters is being accused for hiding OBL and the army connection is being justified on the bases that its director Ijaz Shah who was a retired Brigadier. The funniest part is that he was IB chief only during 2004-08. So he wouldn’t have had anything to do from stopping Nawaz Sherif in 1999 when he allegedly decided to help USA find and handover Bin Laden (although OBL was filmed by American UAVs in Afghanistan) Also when OBL was finally found and terminated Mr Ijaz was long retired in 2011. But still that didn’t save him from accusation in this article.

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

This is not the first time a retired Military/ISI chief has come out with truths -- contrary to the 'official' versions in Pakistan.

this truth?

the begining bit of article is speculation .. it states he "believes" Military leadership was aware of OBL presence. such fact or evidence will be dismissed by any court and the person slapped with a fine for wasting court's time.

On the other hand, Butt may shed a little light, from his personal experience, upon the separation-of-powers in the Pakistani military: what the IB knows is known to the COAS, but not necessarily the ISI chief. Is there anything else one can salvage from his statements?

do you actually know what you are talking about? the separation of powers is a term used to define the state divided into branches, each with separate and independent powers and areas of responsibility so that no one branch has more power than the other branches. The normal division of branches is into an executive, a legislature, and a judiciary You cant have separation of powers within the same institution

The IB does not report to the COAS, it reports to the Interior Minister and the Director of the IB is appointed by the PM. The IB under the current PPP government has essentially been ruined with thousands of political appointees by Zardari. If the IB was in fact involved in hiding obl, then it would be Zardari and the PPP who would be responsible. In fact, as pointed out by Butt, the IB is a significantly larger.institution than the isi and is meant for domestic intelligence gathering, whereas the ISI is primarily a foreign focused Intel agency, so the ultimate responsibility for not detecting OBL lies at the doors of the IB and therefore.at the door of the civilian government, and not the military.

It speaks to his credibility and to how much access to top secret information he could have had, from 2005 to 2011, given the manner and time of his dismissal from the Army back in 1999. He is talking about a time period by which he had been out of office for half a decade, and the military hierarchy had been changed to reflect loyalty to Musharraf.

He didn't even make a categorical statement, its all 'I believe/I think' speculation.

even a few months back I saw a Video where an ISI chief called OBL blue eyed of ISI.

correction

he must have called him blue eye of CIA and Charlie Wilson. which he was back in the 70s to 80s . that is , in case you are talking about Hamid Gul. it was true until Soviets were defeated.

if it wasnt Hamid Gul then tell me what video is that and what is the name of ISI chief?

:lol:

What happened to the logic from the bharatis? The logic of course goes out the window when talking about allegations against Pakistan. What makes him wrong is that he's talking about events that didn't happen during his tenure, hence he has to show some evidence for his claims.

As I said, its between Pakistan and its ex ISI Chief. All I see is the ex chief of Pakistan premier (lol) Intelligence agency accusing its ex President and present COAS of colluding with terrorists.. Is he right or is he just being vengeful towards Musharraf and the army for their illegal subversion of Pakistan in 1999, is for Pakistan to figure out...

As expected

the Sacked General Zia Uddin is licking his own words by saying that his comments were twisted and he never said that.
I have seen it in the ticker tape on ARY news and this has yet to be published or uploaded on the web to share with everyone.

he says that his comment that

Musharraf Knew about OBL Hide out was not what he said

what he meant to say was that

Musharraf should have known about OBL's hideout

it doesnt really matter what he says now because he has said what the international media wanted him to say. no matter how many clarifications or contradictions he makes over the media, no one will like to listen to him what he is saying now because that doesnt interest them.

he should quietly spend the money he got for that revealing interview

Back
Top Bottom