SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Former Connecticut Man Tried to Sell Military Secrets to Iran: Feds
Saturday, Jan 11, 2014 | Updated 3:13 PM EST

f351.jpg

Federal prosecutors say a former Connecticut resident and defense contractor engineer has been charged with stealing proprietary information about the Air Force F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program and military jet engines that he tried to ship to Iran.

Connecticut U.S. Attorney Deirdre Daly announced Friday that 59-year-old Mozaffar Khazawee, a former Manchester resident now living in Indianapolis, allegedly stole the material from companies where he had worked. Prosecutors said customs inspectors found sensitive technical manuals and other documents in a November shipment to Iran Khazaee described as household goods.

Khazawee was arrested Thursday at Newark, N.J., Liberty International Airport en route to Tehran. He's charged with transporting stolen goods.

Khazaee made an initial court appearance Friday and was detained for transfer to Connecticut. It's not known who's representing him. A public telephone listing for him couldn't be found.

Copyright Associated Press

Former Connecticut Man Tried to Sell Military Secrets to Iran: Feds | NBC Connecticut

information about the Air Force F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program and military jet engines = technical manuals???
I bet that man didn't even knew about such a thing in his house till a nice anonymous guy reported them to government.
he just has reached his expiration date.

its funny how an iranian agent will transport the "confidential data" abroad via "airplane" and using "papers and manuals" :lol:

why not simply send a flash memory ?

give it a break idiots ......

even simpler than that would be via turkey ...

First I read the title I thought he was from Cunningham lol

Americans try to say something !

In the future Iran will fly it's own stealth fighter ( I don't care if you believe it or not )

So they are going to say :

Did you see that !

Iranian thieves ... they stole our technology !!!

Man Arrested for Attempted Transfer of F-35 Data to Iran

WASHINGTON — A man was arrested on charges of attempting to ship technical data from the F-35 joint strike fighter to Iran, according to the US Attorney for the District of Connecticut.

Mozaffar Khazaee was arrested Jan. 9 at Newark International Airport in New Jersey after the first leg of a trip to Tehran. Khazaee, who became a naturalized US citizen in 1991, was charged with “transporting, transmitting and transferring in interstate or foreign commerce goods obtained by theft, conversion, or fraud,” a crime that carries a maximum of 10 years imprisonment.

According to a US government affidavit, federal agents began investigating Khazaee in November, when he attempted to send a shipment from Connecticut to the Iranian city of Hamadan. When agents inspected the shipment, they found “numerous boxes of documents consisting of sensitive technical manuals, specification sheets, and other proprietary material for the F-35. Those documents came from a company that Khazaee had last worked at in August of 2013.

Overall, the shipment included thousands of pages of documents, including diagrams and blueprints of the high-tech fighter jet’s engine. Some of the information was marked as being ITAR- and export-controlled information.

The affidavit does not identify which company Khazaee was employed by, but said he worked on a team conducting strength and durability evaluations for components for military engines. However, Matthew Bates, a spokesman for engine manufacturer Pratt & Whitney, confirmed that Pratt is the company referred to as “Company A” in the affidavit.

“Pratt & Whitney has been cooperating fully with the government on this matter and will continue to do so,” Bates said. “Because the investigation is ongoing, any additional questions about the investigation are better suited for the government to address at the appropriate time.”

Property of two other unidentified companies was also included in the shipment. Rolls-Royce, a subcontractor on the engine program, is one possibility; the affidavit cites Khazaee as returning to Indiana, home of Rolls-Royce, after he left Connecticut.

A spokesman for Rolls confirmed that Khazaee is not a current employee, but deferred further comment to the Department of Justice.

A spokeswoman for Lockheed Martin, the lead contractor on the program, said the company is cooperating fully with the investigation but declined further comment “as the investigation is on-going.”

“The F-35 Joint Program Office has been alerted to the investigation, and will cooperate fully with legal authorities pursuing the case,” Joe DellaVedova, the program’s Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement. “No additional comment will be made while the investigation is ongoing.”

In early 2013, government officials acknowledged that hackers, most likely Chinese in origin, had stolen information about the fifth-generation fighter, which is expected to be the backbone of American air superiority over the next several decades. ■

Man Arrested for Attempted Transfer of F-35 Data to Iran | Defense News | defensenews.com

its funny how an iranian agent will transport the "confidential data" abroad via "airplane" and using "papers and manuals" :lol:

why not simply send a flash memory ?

give it a break idiots ......

how do you convert technical manual(s), worth thousands of pages and multiple of books into a flash drive? I know technically it is plausible if you have the resources. but how does this one guy do this?

This is a little bit too stupid to believe.

why? it is not like there will be " death to Iran" chants on the US streets... american public shrugs this off and lets the courts decide.

why? it is not like there will be " death to Iran" chants on the US streets... american public shrugs this off and lets the courts decide.

I believe the accusation itself is inconceivable. There are easier ways to transfer information than to transfer them physically.

I believe the accusation itself is inconceivable. There are easier ways to transfer information than to transfer them physically.

yeah so it all made up I guess? we just woke up one morning and said why not make up , what you call an inconceivable idea for some giggles ...

how would you transport tens of big manuals?

how do you convert technical manual(s), worth thousands of pages and multiple of books into a flash drive? I know technically it is plausible if you have the resources. but how does this one guy do this?

I don't knew what you think about technology but I rather go to the nearest electronic shop near my house by a scanner with a tray for just less than 200$ and a cutter for 20$ then cut the manuals into the sheets and fill the tray with them turn the scanner on and go out with my girlfriend mybe invite her to dinner outside , make her happy and hope you are lucky that night .
believe me when you come back home all the documents are scanned numbered and ready for you to transfer to a thumb drive or better zipped ,encrypted and devided then each part separately zipped and encrypted again and then separately uploaded to several upload center inside iran.

and then you fly back to iran to do some business , sorry I meant visit your family and childhood friends for 1 or 2 weeks

guys I wonder why this story smell just like the broke car dealer guy who was accused of hiring mexican drug lords for assassination of ksa ambassador in usa

yeah so it all made up I guess? we just woke up one morning and said why not make up , what you call an inconceivable idea for some giggles ...

Actually, I should have used the term "idiotic" instead of "inconceivable". If agents of the regime are this incompetent, unprofessional, and plain stupid, then it shows the Western agencies utter incompetence for not being able to remove the Mullahs.

I don't know? Have you ever heard of Image Scanners? You can even remove the pages and automate the process. I would think if in fact this was work of a "spy" he wouldn't be bothered to scan even thousands of pages manually, let alone to purchase a $600 machine and then encrypt and upload them to Cloud.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom