Could Forget This

4-yr-old Barena, brother Zaffar fresh pellet victims

300 pellet-hit admitted in Srinagar hospitals in 5 days

1 0 0 0
ZEHRU NISSA
Srinagar, Publish Date: Sep 4 2016 1:00AM | Updated Date: Sep 4 2016 1:00AM
2016_9$largeimg204_Sep_2016_010019487.JPG
GK Photo
Unable to overcome the shock of pellet injuries in their eyes, little Barena and her brother Zaffar lying on bed at SMHS Hospital’s Ward 8 cry in pain and want their father to hold them in his lap.

Four-year-old Barena is recovering from anesthesia after she was operated upon in her left eye while her brother Zaffar, who is eight year old, was also hit by pellets.

Shocked kids have turned mute but tug on the shirt of their father Muhammad Rafiq who was driving them on scooty Friday evening when security forces fired pellets on them at Nowshera Srinagar.

“I left my residence late in the evening on my scooty along with my two children. I was looking for some petrol. Forces fired pellets at us when we reached Nowshera chowk,” Rafiq said.

“They just fired at us,” he added.

Doctors said Barena has been lucky as pellets have not hit the iris of her eye. “She has been hit in the sclera (white portion of the eye) and her iris is safe,” doctors said.

Traumatized Zaffar has injuries on chest and abdomen. Rafiq said even after the injuries his brave kids asked him to immediately rush them to hospital which he did.

Barena and Zaffar are recuperating adjacent to a 60-year old man and 48 other pellet victims who have been admitted to SMHS Hospital from Friday morning to Saturday morning amid talks of ‘phasing out pellet guns’ and resorting to pellet fire only on ‘rare occasions.’

As per hospital records, over 300 people with pellet injuries have been admitted in Srinagar hospitals in the past five days.

240 people with pellet injuries have been admitted in SMHS Hospital in past five days, since August 29. Of these, 88 had eye injuries inflicted by pellets. In SKIMS Medical College Hospital Bemina, 92 people with pellet injuries were admitted in the past five days.

In the past two days, over 50 pellet victims were admitted at SMHS Hospital each day.

The total number of injured with pellet shots in eyes or other parts of body admitted at SMHS Hospital alone has crossed 1500.

Records from two Srinagar hospitals state that 772 people have been hit by pellets in one or both eyes in the past 55 days, injuries that are resulting in visual impairment.

In Neurosurgery Ward of the hospital, Abdul Ahad Dar, a 60 year old farmer from Goripora Achabal is being monitored. He has been operated upon in his brain. Doctors said his condition was being monitored and it continued to be critical but stable.

Dar’s clothes are soaked in blood. He has injuries right over his head, face, chest and arms. “He has pellets in the orbit and frontal lobe of his skull. He has pellets in pericardium (heart sac). He has pellets in lungs,” doctors said as they examined his CT Scan reports.

“He has multiple brain contusions (hemorrhages, bruises in brain) in addition to contusions in his lungs,” doctors said.

Doctors add that Dar also seemed to have lost his right eye. “It is bulging out,” they said.

An attendant who identified himself as Naseer Ahmed, a nephew of Dar, said his uncle had been fired upon when he was feeding the cattle Saturday morning at his native village. “An ijtima was going to take place in our village but the incident took place much before it was scheduled,” he said.

“He was going to his cowshed to feed the cattle when a forces’ patrol party fired at him,” he said. “Look at him. He is a poor man who worked hard to feed his family of seven children,” the man broke down.

Semi-conscious Dar screams, is agitated. Doctors sedate him. “We are observing him,” they said.

Pellet-hit continued to pour in at the hospitals on Saturday as doctors prepared for one more evening of huge rush of the injured in Trauma Theatre of the SMHS hospital.

Dude.. gt your facts right... you are probably wearing a chaddi made out of Indian Cotton that is exported to Pakistan.. Pakistan is the biggest importer of Indian cotton..
http://nation.com.pk/business/18-Aug-2016/pakistan-largest-indian-cotton-importer

There is a lot of trade happening even if you guys don;t want to agree...
Lol.. this is indian "dhiyati aurat" style of taunting .... u have been drinking water which is theft from Pakistan.. so ur blood have Pakistani water...
Jaisay ko taisa.

India can flourish without improving tries with Pakistan. And last decade and half has proved that Pakistan's internal violence had very little effect on India's internal security situation. That is why India will not show any urgency to 'solve' Kashmir with Pakistan.

Nowhere....even after 50 years...the situation between India and Pakistan will remain the same. I see Pakistan gradually moving into Central Asian sphere from South Asia while India moving into East Asian sphere
Pakistan keeping its words by not destablize india how hard its to make india cry .. if pak reply with every attack or bomb blast i am sure u will forget Kashmir.. so stop ir nonsence that u are floreshing.. what does ur economy doing to people who doesnt even built toilets and 2 times meal...
India is already on its knees army took Yaseen malik ur terrorist PM modi went to Kashmir but they cant.. dont solve who is keep their 700 t+ thousands army there we are peacefully living on other side of LOC..
Indian habbit is"bagal mein churi mu mein ram ram "
Now you have to deal with talib.. go kill the waves...

You need to get rid of your stubbornness. It's you that have blocked SAARC agreements on trade & transit, you have blocked transit to Afghanistan forcing us to find an alternate route. All because you guys think that you can connect it to Kashmir & that India would somehow agreed give Kashmir for trade & transit. It won't work.

Trust building is easier said than done. When you have guys like Hafiz Saeed & Masood Azhar roaming free, when terrorists from your side come over to India & kill like in Mumbai & Pathankot & you do nothing about it, surely you don't expect to reciprocate by playing cricket with Pakistan.....

Either you shouldn't have gone to UN initially or now that you did then you should have stood by your promises, we waited almost 17 years, and in return you tried invading us.

Don't be that naive now, you have your proxies that managed to kill our thousands and divide Pakistan and we have our proxies, it's childish when you try to play victim every time.

Resolve Kashmir according to wishes of Kashmiri people and there is nothing left between us to fight, but after that you will have to reduce the huge military you have and your military never wants that, no wonder peace process gets disrupted every time.

indeed we are big and progressive and will continue to be with or with out pakistan ( as we have nothing much to loose). no offence

This is where you fail again and again. If recent NSG membership is something to learn you would have learnt, you cannot ignore Pakistan and you are going nowhere by trying to belittle us.

The ground reality is you have proved yourself to be the sore losers, look at the size of the country, 1 billion plus and it enjoys little growth after 69 years, and if compared to Pakistan it still is struggling to outmatch us. Do you not ever wonder why?

Forget Kashmir, let’s talk trade: Indian envoy
By Basma Siddiqui
Published: September 6, 2016
4SHARES
SHARE TWEET
1176865-GautamBambawale-1473133243-100-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: INDIAN EXPRESS

KARACHI: India is unable to hide its frustration over Pakistan’s aggressive diplomacy on the use of brute force by security forces in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir. “People living in glass houses should not be throwing stones at others,” India’s top envoy said at an interactive session organised by the Karachi Council on Foreign Relations on Monday.

Gautam Bambawale, India’s high commissioner in Islamabad, called Kashmir an ‘internal matter’ of India. “There are problems in both India and Pakistan and you [Pakistan] should focus on resolving your problems before looking into the problems of other countries,” he added.

Islamabad rejects New Delhi’s claim on Kashmir

Dozens of people have been killed and thousands injured by Indian security forces in an unsuccessful attempt to quell an uprising triggered by the killing of a popular Kashmiri separatist leader Burhan Wani by Indian police in July.

Bambawale chose to dodge questions about the recent remarks by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Balochistan and Gilgi-Baltistan. “The prime minister, in his August 15 independence day speech, only referred to the letters he had received,” he added.

Modi claimed that he had received ‘letters of thanks’ from the people of Balchistan and G-B for raising voice in their favour. Analysts call it an attempt by the Indian leader to counter Pakistan’s aggressive diplomacy on Kashmir which boomeranged as rallies were subsequently staged across Balochistan against Modi’s remarks.

6-1.jpg

Asked about Kulbushan Yadav, the RAW agent arrested in Balochistan earlier this year, Bambawale said New Delhi has been very clear on the matter. “After the arrest was made we said he [Yadav] was an Indian national but does not work for any government organisation,” he added. “We asked for consular access to Yadav, but our request was turned down by Pakistan.”

Yadav has admitted in a video confession that he was a serving Indian navy commander and worked for RAW to foment trouble in Balochistan and Karachi.

In an attempt to counter Yadav’s confession, Bambawale said security forces in Indian-controlled Kashmir had also arrested a ‘Pakistani man’ he identified as Bahadur Ali who confessed to his involvement in creating unrest in the region.

Pakistan cannot offer trade concessions to India unilaterally

New Delhi blames Pakistan for the ongoing unrest in Kashmir – a claim recently dismissed by a former RAW chief. “There has been anger simmering [in Kashmir] for a long time and we [India] did not take cognisance of it. That anger just needed a spark, and Burhan Wani did that,” AS Dulat told India’s The Economic Times newspaper in an interview.

Pakistan says India, through its top spy agency RAW, is fomenting trouble in Balochistan in an attempt to sabotage the multibillion-dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project. “India will not derail any process that is for the betterment of Pakistan,” Bambawale said but admitted that his country has objection to the CPEC route.

Pakistan calls Kashmir the main reason of discord with India, Bambawale, however, said the road to normalisation between the two countries lies through greater trade and business. “There is a great potential that needs to be tapped.”

He said in order for trade to improve, Pakistan had to grant India the Most-Favoured Nation status. “There should be more participation in trade fairs and more Pakistani trade delegations should visit India,” he added. “There is no option but to do it step by step.”

The Indian envoy said political issues could take time to resolve, but countries could start by taking up smaller matters. “We have boundary issues with China but we decided on building other relationships to move forward. Today, they are our biggest trade partners,” he said. “We should start by grabbing the low hanging fruit.”

Published in The Express Tribune, September 6th, 2016.

Forget trade , let's talk Kashmir

Kashmir issue is the dead dog of the well, this dead dog would be out of the well and clean the well, then its water would be able for drink.
Issues and trade are impossible.
Will USA sell F16 to Syria or Iran or other trade?
Will Russia provide SU35 to Ukraine?

Shocked kids have turned mute but tug on the shirt of their father Muhammad Rafiq who was driving them on scooty Friday evening when security forces fired pellets on them at Nowshera Srinagar.

“I left my residence late in the evening on my scooty along with my two children. I was looking for some petrol. Forces fired pellets at us when we reached Nowshera chowk,” Rafiq said.

“They just fired at us,” he added.
Why go out in curfew along with your kids.
1 It is curfew so all petrol pumps are closed and you wont get petrol
2 You cant drive your scooter in curfew so why do you need petrol
3 Even if you needed it why take your kids
4 It is totally un believable that forces will fire just like that. They will give warning and if you dont stop and threated the forces then only they will fire

My take on this. He wanted some propoganda. the best propoganda is when some kid gets injured. So he took his kids with him on a scooter. The forces asked him to stop. He didnt stop and instead drove faster towards the checkpost. The forces fired pellets at him. Now he has a propoganda story

I really doubt Modi will be ready to do trade with Pakistan after going all out by bringing in Baluchistan. It was just that Indian ambassador was trying pacify the Pakistani journalists.

The last two months took India - Pakistan relations 10 steps back.
No its 20 steps back from Pakistan....

Why go out in curfew along with your kids.
1 It is curfew so all petrol pumps are closed and you wont get petrol
2 You cant drive your scooter in curfew so why do you need petrol
3 Even if you needed it why take your kids
4 It is totally un believable that forces will fire just like that. They will give warning and if you dont stop and threated the forces then only they will fire

My take on this. He wanted some propoganda. the best propoganda is when some kid gets injured. So he took his kids with him on a scooter. The forces asked him to stop. He didnt stop and instead drove faster towards the checkpost. The forces fired pellets at him. Now he has a propoganda story
You people have no sense and don't forget one day you have to die and have to answer for what your leaders are doing and you are supporting...

Either you shouldn't have gone to UN initially or now that you did then you should have stood by your promises, we waited almost 17 years, and in return you tried invading us.

Don't be that naive now, you have your proxies that managed to kill our thousands and divide Pakistan and we have our proxies, it's childish when you try to play victim every time.

Resolve Kashmir according to wishes of Kashmiri people and there is nothing left between us to fight, but after that you will have to reduce the huge military you have and your military never wants that, no wonder peace process gets disrupted every time.

As I said, no meeting ground. Pointless.

You people have no sense and don't forget one day you have to die and have to answer for what your leaders are doing and you are supporting
Oh really!!!!!!! I have no sense.

Tell me how it makes sense for a father to take his 2 kids with him out in curfew just to fill petrol? Give me a sense for that then we will talk

When I die I will have to answer for my own deeds. I am sure I will not have to answer for supporting my nation

Pakistan does not believe in having trade relations with a sworn enemy. Modi has very openly and clearly mentioned his and india's role in 71 tragedy, and confirmed his support n terrorism in Sind and Baluchistan.

And NO, Pakistan will NOT forget Kashmir. Trade is an outcome of good relations not vice versa

I really doubt Modi will be ready to do trade with Pakistan after going all out by bringing in Baluchistan. It was just that Indian ambassador was trying pacify the Pakistani journalists.

The last two months took India - Pakistan relations 10 steps back.
Really then your envoy has committed a professional treason and went against the policy of the state so I recommend, you fire him immediately and call him back to India. Rather Pakistan should declare him persona non-grata and send him back. The best will be to end any diplomatic ties until Kashmir problem is solved.

Last edited:
Analysts call it an attempt by the Indian leader to counter Pakistan’s aggressive diplomacy on Kashmir which boomeranged as rallies were subsequently staged across Balochistan against Modi’s remarks.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/forget-kashmir-let’s-talk-trade-indian-envoy.447951/#ixzz4JXIojGXQ
'Boomeranged'? :rofl: Really? As per news reports the so called 'anti Modi' rallies in Balochistan were by paid crowds organised and funded by the Establishment! At most there were a motley crowd of a hundred hired Punjabis brought in trucks to show the world that the Baloch are highly Patriotic Pakistanis! Lol! But nothing can be farther from the truth. :P

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom