What's new

Foreign Ministry Remarks on Indian Prime Minister Modi Attending Activities in Disputed Area

Oh no!You have been changing your line of reasoning and arguments for so long.As everyone can see,as soon as I disprove your wild claims,you disappear for a day to scour the internet to come up with some other concocted story to go along with the littany of rhetoric that can be summed up in short as "Just cry CCP propaganda" or as not acceptable (only to you) because you don't want to or cannot access the sources.
As I proved undoubtedly before just a post ago,there never was a girl called sela or Nura.Rather Sela or "Se la" is just the name of the mountain pass that has long been in use,even before your country was formed.You tried to pass it off as if the pass had been renamed in their or her honour while I proved it was never the case.If the two existed as I said before why weren't these two or their families honoured by the Indian authorities for their supposed 'bravery".

All said and done why don't you bring proof that anyone of us ever helped you Indians in 1962 war apart from concocted myths of non existent sela and Nura.After all,the lhoba population in PRC itself is the biggest proof of our support to PLA during 1962.Most of these Lhoba were the ones actively helping the PLA and went with the PLA when the PLA retreated after crushing Indians in just a month.

PS-Just observe the date on that supposed memorial.It was made in the 2000s, a whole 4 decades after the 1962 war.It doesn't need to be pointed to anyone that the supposed memorial was made long after the myth of sela and Nura was propagated for generations.If the story was true,the memorial would have been constructed right after 62 itself,just like Jaswant's memorial was erected right after 62 war.
Rather the supposed "memorial" is just to mark the important mountain pass.

As I said before,you have exposed yourself so terribly that no one can take you seriously anymore.Least of all to reply to your wild propaganda claims and myths which you keep repeating like a parrot ad nauseam.

Remembering 1962 Sino-Indian Border War: Politics of Memory | Dibyesh Anand - Academia.edu

I'm not even bothering to read your endless rants anymore, you are reproducing the same stuff over and over again. Some obdurate troll you are. You haven't proved anything except giving your own fantasy stories which are not backed by any substantial proofs. I dont see any reason for not believing in Sela and Nura when the locals themself recall their story to the tourists. Erecting their statue in 2000 does not negate their existence. And as I said earlier I would rather go with the official line of the GOI. There is a memorial dedicated to her , hence I'd believe it to be true.

I'am not paid by someone to endlessly rant over the internet all day long, I post here as and when I get time. Your so called proofs for local support to PLA are so far known only to you.

Last edited:
I'm not even bothering to read your endless rants anymore, you are reproducing the same stuff over and over again. Some obdurate troll you are. You haven't proved anything except giving your own fantasy stories which are not backed by any substantial proofs. I dont see any reason for not believing in Sela and Nura when the locals themself recall their story to the tourists. Erecting their statue in 2000 does not negate their existence. And as I said earlier I would rather go with the official line of the GOI. There is a memorial dedicated to her , hence I'd believe it to be true.

I'am not paid by someone to endlessly rant over the internet all day long, I post here as and when I get time. Your so called proofs for local support to PLA are so far known only to you.
LOL.I am the one citing academically researched papers proving the that the story of sela and nura is just a myth while you go around using the same disproved myths in the hope of argumentum ad nauseam.

Here's another link to proving just that,another Indian link at that.When did you ever post proof that the locals admitte to the existence of Sela and Nura?All you have are propaganda and myths nothing more.
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...npUffHINdbj5KgcAz3nKBuw&bvm=bv.86956481,d.c2E

As I stated before,you are a two bit propagandist and a liar whose primary tactic is crying "CCP propaganda" and personal attacks in the hope of argumentum ad nauseam.
Everyone who has participated in this thread can see how many times you have been proved wrong and then change your story everytime.

LOL.I am the one citing academically researched papers proving the that the story of sela and nura is just a myth while you go around using the same disproved myths in the hope of argumentum ad nauseam.

Here's another link to proving just that,another Indian link at that.When did you ever post proof that the locals admitte to the existence of Sela and Nura?All you have are propaganda and myths nothing more.
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCwQFjAC&url=http://idsa.in/system/files/jds_6_4_PKGautam.pdf&ei=JDjtVLaUEZSmuQST6oDACw&usg=AFQjCNFlYLbnpUffHINdbj5KgcAz3nKBuw&bvm=bv.86956481,d.c2E

As I stated before,you are a two bit propagandist and a liar whose primary tactic is crying "CCP propaganda" and personal attacks in the hope of argumentum ad nauseam.
Everyone who has participated in this thread can see how many times you have been proved wrong and then change your story everytime.

I didn't read the entire article that you've shared here, I'd just share what I found interesting

1) "Quoting from books by Indian authors such as B.N. Mullik16 and D.K. Palit,17 Peter Stephen Rosen in his book on the Indian military writes:The colonial outlook of the Indian Army in NEFA was nowhere better exemplified that in its unwillingness to enlist the cooperation of friendly tribals especially Mompas of Tawang who suffered under Tibetan rule and who, initially were pro-Indians. As a result when crisis arose it was the Chinese who utilised Mompas—as guides and informers and for providing safe houses. How Rosen has reached these conclusions remains a mystery."

2) "B.N. Mullik, in his book, does allude to the fact that the ‘Chinese had evacuated the population from the frontier in the Tsona-Le Shao sector and had brought Tibetans from the rear areas to assist them’."

3) "Passang Dinhga, leader of the All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union, was vocal when he asked as to why is it that they have to raise voices to let the country know that they are Indians, who died for the country in 1962 and will defend another attack to till death.23 During the inaugural ceremony of the Maitrya Mela in Tawang in October 2008, senior military officers said that the locals of Tawang had a rather different story to tell about the 1962 war. First, they said that unlike the Indian Army, they never ran away, thus ‘we the Monpas are truly Indians’."

4) "Field visits by Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) scholars in the recent past have shown very positive nationalistic feelings among the locals in Arunachal Pradesh.25 In March 2011, most people interviewed across the tribes stated that Chinese claim is not validated by history. The monks said that China’s claim is a distortion of history. China is not attractive to the local people.26"

On Sela and Nura story :

1) "A recent myth which media has generated is about a local woman called Sela who was in love with Rifleman Jaswant Singh. In my interaction with retired Brig Laxman Singh (a veteran of the war and an author) recently, he was also puzzled by this story.32 One officer from the Garhwal Rifles who must remain anonymous argues that the battalion had been using local yak herders to gather information which contributed to the myth; Nura and Sela obviously are ‘filmy’ names based on Nuranang and Sela Pass."

2) "The journalist reports that local Monpas and Buddhist leaders have realized there are no memorials to remember these two valiant women and over 300 nameless local martyrs. It is obvious that myth may be a signal by the locals for recognition for their contribution in the war. This is understandable"

So the myth as put forward by this research paper seems to be propogated by the locals, as opposed to GOI as you claimed, to get recognition for the efforts of their tribe in 1962 war in fighting the Chinese. Hence it is the locals who narrate this story to the tourists who visit the place.

I had said I'd go with the official line of the govt. over this issue, locals were the primary source of info in this event and spread the word which was picked up by others. Moreover the pertinent question was that which side did the majority of tribal communities supported in the war and this article makes it clear that there was extensive support for India among the locals . The article also says about some support to the Chinese though its authenticity is questioned. I had said even in my earlier posts that I'm open to the reasoning of some support for the Chinese among the locals, it was only the extent of support which I questioned and this article substantiates my claims.

Your fictitious argument of absolute support for the Chinese stands exposed and everyone can see who the "two-bit propogandist" is here.

I didn't read the entire article that you've shared here, I'd just share what I found interesting

1) "Quoting from books by Indian authors such as B.N. Mullik16 and D.K. Palit,17 Peter Stephen Rosen in his book on the Indian military writes:The colonial outlook of the Indian Army in NEFA was nowhere better exemplified that in its unwillingness to enlist the cooperation of friendly tribals especially Mompas of Tawang who suffered under Tibetan rule and who, initially were pro-Indians. As a result when crisis arose it was the Chinese who utilised Mompas—as guides and informers and for providing safe houses. How Rosen has reached these conclusions remains a mystery."

2) "B.N. Mullik, in his book, does allude to the fact that the ‘Chinese had evacuated the population from the frontier in the Tsona-Le Shao sector and had brought Tibetans from the rear areas to assist them’."

3) "Passang Dinhga, leader of the All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union, was vocal when he asked as to why is it that they have to raise voices to let the country know that they are Indians, who died for the country in 1962 and will defend another attack to till death.23 During the inaugural ceremony of the Maitrya Mela in Tawang in October 2008, senior military officers said that the locals of Tawang had a rather different story to tell about the 1962 war. First, they said that unlike the Indian Army, they never ran away, thus ‘we the Monpas are truly Indians’."

4) "Field visits by Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) scholars in the recent past have shown very positive nationalistic feelings among the locals in Arunachal Pradesh.25 In March 2011, most people interviewed across the tribes stated that Chinese claim is not validated by history. The monks said that China’s claim is a distortion of history. China is not attractive to the local people.26"

On Sela and Nura story :

1) "A recent myth which media has generated is about a local woman called Sela who was in love with Rifleman Jaswant Singh. In my interaction with retired Brig Laxman Singh (a veteran of the war and an author) recently, he was also puzzled by this story.32 One officer from the Garhwal Rifles who must remain anonymous argues that the battalion had been using local yak herders to gather information which contributed to the myth; Nura and Sela obviously are ‘filmy’ names based on Nuranang and Sela Pass."

2) "The journalist reports that local Monpas and Buddhist leaders have realized there are no memorials to remember these two valiant women and over 300 nameless local martyrs. It is obvious that myth may be a signal by the locals for recognition for their contribution in the war. This is understandable"

So the myth as put forward by this research paper seems to be propogated by the locals, as opposed to GOI as you claimed, to get recognition for the efforts of their tribe in 1962 war in fighting the Chinese. Hence it is the locals who narrate this story to the tourists who visit the place.

I had said I'd go with the official line of the govt. over this issue, locals were the primary source of info in this event and spread the word which was picked up by others. Moreover the pertinent question was that which side did the majority of tribal communities supported in the war and this article makes it clear that there was extensive support for India among the locals . The article also says about some support to the Chinese though its authenticity is questioned. I had said even in my earlier posts that I'm open to the reasoning of some support for the Chinese among the locals, it was only the extent of support which I questioned and this article substantiates my claims.

Your fictitious argument of absolute support for the Chinese stands exposed and everyone can see who the "two-bit propogandist" is here.
And?Of course it will be pro Indian as it is an Indian link.That is why I linked it as you seemed adamant not to accept any other proof.Even this pro Indian links show that the story of sela and nura are just myths perpetrated by Indians based on the names of Se pass and nura lakes.Simple as that.No other evidence of support to Indians exist while the people of south tibet helped PLA in numbers,which is evident by the presence of lhoba community in PRC.

Very interestingly,now you have once again changed your story and accepted that the sela and nura story is a piece of propaganda.Just as you have done through this entire thread,once confronted with facts you change your story all the while claiming to be consistent,laughably at that.

At the end of the day you can't show a single incident of support to Indians and once again resort to the tactic of argumentum ad nauseam.Simple as that.

And?Of course it will be pro Indian as it is an Indian link.That is why I linked it as you seemed adamant not to accept any other proof.Even this pro Indian links show that the story of sela and nura are just myths perpetrated by Indians based on the names of Se pass and nura lakes.Simple as that.No other evidence of support to Indians exist while the people of south tibet helped PLA in numbers,which is evident by the presence of lhoba community in PRC.
At the end of the day you can't show a single incident of support to Indians and once again resort to the tactic of argumentum ad nauseam.Simple as that.
Now an "academic research paper" which you posted to prove your point becomes pro Indian because at one instance it endorses your POV ( that too it gives a reasoning which utlimately negates your argument), while on most others it is against your frivolous claims . Talk about cherry picking to suit your agenda.

I said I'm with govt's pov on the issue, govt whose source of info was the locals who themselves gave its account to the authorities as they were the ones eyewitness to the events. The locals narrate this story to the tourists even today .

BTW can you shed some more light on the Lhoba community and their support for PLA.

Last edited:
Now an "academic research paper" which you posted to prove your point becomes pro Indian because at one instance it endorses your POV ( that too it gives a reasoning which utlimately negates your argument), while on most others it is against your frivolous claims . Talk about cherry picking to suit your agenda.

BTW can you shed some more light on the Lhoba community and their support for PLA.
How does their being academic mean they can't have a slant?Are academic papers coming out of american think tanks truly neutral or are they pro-america?Or so with every other country?Papers from China will be pro china,Russia will be pro Russia and so on with every country.

BTW,Just 2 posts back you were adamant that the sela and nura story was true and now as soon as I bring an Indian link to prove otherwise you once again change your story,as you have done throughout this thread,and gone back to frivolous personal attacks,crying "CCP propaganda" in hopes of achieving argumentum ad nauseam.

Fact is you haven't brought any proof,throughout this thread to prove any of your claims.All you do is shoot from your hip blindly,in hope that one bullet finds it's mark.

How does their being academic mean they can't have a slant?Are academic papers coming out of american think tanks truly neutral or are they pro-america?Or so with every other country?Papers from China will be pro china,Russia will be pro Russia and so on with every country.

BTW,Just 2 posts back you were adamant that the sela and nura story was true and now as soon as I bring an Indian link to prove otherwise you once again change your story,as you have done throughout this thread,and gone back to frivolous personal attacks,crying "CCP propaganda" in hopes of achieving argumentum ad nauseam.

Fact is you haven't brought any proof,throughout this thread to prove any of your claims.All you do is shoot from your hip blindly,in hope that one bullet finds it's mark.
So either you reject it or accept it as a whole, why cherry picking to suit your agenda. You pasted the article after just reading the portion that was in-line with your claims without even caring to read the reasoning given behind it, and when pointed out you've started crying foul of the article being biased and pro-Indian. The article does gives a comprehensive account of India's weaknesses and follies during the war . I don't see it to be pro-India rather its an unbiased critical analysis of the events.

I'm yet to see slightest of proof which point towards mass scale support to the Chinese, apart from your endless rants. Your cocncocted stories are not impressing anyone here.

So either you reject it or accept it as a whole, why cherry picking to suit your agenda. You pasted the article after just reading the portion that was in-line with your claims without even caring to read the reasoning given behind it, and when pointed out you've started crying foul of the article being biased and pro-Indian. The article does gives a comprehensive account of India's weaknesses and follies during the war . I don't see it to be pro-India rather its an unbiased critical analysis of the events.

I'm yet to see slightest of proof which point towards mass scale support to the Chinese, apart from your endless rants. Your cocncocted stories are not impressing anyone here.
Here it goes again.Answer this simple question.Can any academic paper have a slant or bias and yet be considered academic?I put those papers because those are Indian and even though heavily pro Indian,accept that the sela and Nura story of yours is just propaganda.Whether you see it as neutral or not is hardly any proof of their neutrality as you have been proved to be a two bit propagandist and liar,indeed,none other than pro-Indian sources itself.

Now answer this,do you accept that the sela and nura story are concocted propaganda pieces while just a few posts back you were adamant that they were true?

The lhoba people are mostly those who actively aided the PLA on sanction of the councils.Their presence itself is proof of the mass support for China as these councils are run on consenus and agreement of the majority.

Simply put you present not a shred of evidence of your own.Now that your every myth and propaganda has been debunked and you have been left with nothing you once again go back to your default setting of personal attacks and ad nauseam rhetoric.

Here it goes again.Answer this simple question.Can any academic paper have a slant or bias and yet be considered academic?I put those papers because those are Indian and even though heavily pro Indian,accept that the sela and Nura story of yours is just propaganda.Whether you see it as neutral or not is hardly any proof of their neutrality as you have been proved to be a two bit propagandist and liar,indeed,none other than pro-Indian sources itself.

Now answer this,do you accept that the sela and nura story are concocted propaganda pieces while just a few posts back you were adamant that they were true?

The lhoba people are mostly those who actively aided the PLA on sanction of the councils.Their presence itself is proof of the mass support for China as these councils are run on consenus and agreement of the majority.

Simply put you present not a shred of evidence of your own.Now that your every myth and propaganda has been debunked and you have been left with nothing you once again go back to your default setting of personal attacks and ad nauseam rhetoric.

Again you are assuming the article to be biased beacuse it is against your claims. You want to cherry pick it an event from the article but do not want to believe in the reason given for the same.

I said I support GOI's pov and its pov is based upon the locals' narrative of the events. If it is a myth, it is propogted by the locals to get recognition for their tribe's contribution in the war in supporting Indian Army. The predominant point is the local support to IA which is corroborated by the research paper.

How does one know that Lhobas supported China, again one of your concoted tales .

By posting that artcile you did a self goal and vindicated my claims. Now you are running all over the place debunking the article.

Again you are assuming the article to be biased beacuse it is against your claims. You want to cherry pick it an event from the article but do not want to believe in the reason given for the same.

I said I support GOI's pov and its pov is based upon the locals' narrative of the events. If it is a myth, it is propogted by the locals to get recognition for their tribe's contribution in the war in supporting Indian Army. The predominant point is the local support to IA which is corroborated by the research paper.

How does one know that Lhobas supported China, again one of your concoted tales .

By posting that artcile you did a self goal and vindicated my claims. Now you are running all over the place debunking the article.
Again,Do you accept that the sela and Nura story is a propaganda while just a few posts back you swore that it was true?
It wasn't the tribes here who erected that memorial whose picture you put up rather Indians.
Do bring proof for your claim that the tribes spread this propaganda.
The article is pro Indian as everyone can see and there is nothing wrong with that as they are an Indian think tank.I posted another link before which is a bit less pro Indian in it's scope.Why didn't you pick it yet hold on to the second link like it's the gospel?Simply because the 2nd link suits your viewpoint a lot more.

The lhobas consist of people from the western tracts to central tracts and eastern tracks of NEFA.In short there was no way for people from all over NEFA to settle in more or less the same places in PRC unless the PLA brought them back after their retreat.

Lastly,the article itself provides no real proof of aid to IA rather just makes some very broad and vague assumptions of local support.I don't need nor am I trying to debunk it,for it is what is.
BTW,you seem to be trying very hard to divert the attention from the fact that everything you posted has been debunked and now are just conducting self fellatio.

Again,Do you accept that the sela and Nura story is a propaganda while just a few posts back you swore that it was true?
It wasn't the tribes here who erected that memorial whose picture you put up rather Indians.
The article is pro Indian as everyone can see and there is nothing wrong with that as they are an Indian think tank.I posted another link before which is a bit less pro Indian in it's scope.Why didn't you pick it yet hold on to the second link like it's the gospel?Simply because the 2nd link suits your viewpoint a lot more.

The lhobas consist of people from the western tracts to central tracts and eastern tracks of NEFA.In short there was no way for people from all over NEFA to settle in more or less the same places in PRC unless the PLA brought them back after their retreat which is how it occurred.These people were the most active helpers who aided the PLA on sanction and orders of the councils which require the agreement of majority to grant that sanction.Which means that most of the population supported the PLA.

Lastly,the article itself provides no real proof of aid to IA rather just makes some very broad and vague assumptions of local support.I don't need nor am I trying to debunk it,for it is what is.Why not bring proof for your own claims?
BTW,you seem to be trying very hard to divert the attention from the fact that everything you posted has been debunked and now are just conducting self fellatio.

The lhobas consist of people from the western tracts to central tracts and eastern tracks of NEFA.In short there was no way for people from all over NEFA to settle in more or less the same places in PRC unless the PLA brought them back after their retreat which is how it occurred.These people were the most active helpers who aided the PLA on sanction and orders of the councils which require the agreement of majority to grant that sanction.Which means that most of the population supported the PLA.

Lastly,the article itself provides no real proof of aid to IA rather just makes some very broad and vague assumptions of local support.I don't need nor am I trying to debunk it,for it is what is.Why not bring proof for your own claims?

You are slow, slow for a paid internet warrior. Your unintelligent rants are becoming boring now. I said i'm with GOI's pov and their pov is based on locals' narratives. If you want to point something from that article don't cherry pick to prove right for what suits your claim and say everything else to be false propoganda. The first link didn't get into the details of the events neither did it talk of the local support to either side in the war, it addressed different issues of the war. What was more pertinent to the debate is there in the second article.

Again what's the prove Lhobas supported PLA, they were living on either side of McMohan line even before 1947. Even today they live in borde areas.

Nothing that you have claimed has been proved besides cyclic trolling which you seem to have mastered. I think you have earned enough for this week, you can give your fingers some rest.

You are slow, slow for a paid internet warrior. Your unintelligent rants are becoming boring now. I said i'm with GOI's pov and their pov is based on locals' narratives. If you want to point something from that article don't cherry pick to prove right for what suits your claim and say everything else to be false propoganda. The first link didn't get into the details of the events neither did it talk of the local support to either side in the war, it addressed different issues of the war. What was more pertinent to the debate is there in the second article.

Again what's the prove Lhobas supported PLA, they were living on either side of McMohan line even before 1947. Even today they live in borde areas.

Nothing that you have claimed has been proved besides cyclic trolling which you seem to have mastered. I think you have earned enough for this week, you can give your fingers some rest.
Oh and what proof is there that POV is based on local pov?After all,if anything the local POV is tilted towards China.
The lhobas, if you were too daft to notice before basically includes all people from all over NEFA.Yes even right upto the borders of Assam.They were the ones who went back with the PLA and why they are now found in PRC.The lhoba classification includes people from nyishi tribes of the west of NEFA to Idu mishmis who reside to the far east of NEFA.How exactly did these varied groups come to live together in PRC when they live so far apart in South tibet?
Where is the proof that Locals supported you,ie Indian army.You still haven't presented a shred of evidence and yet jump around asking for evidence and then dismiss it when presented.
BTW,you still didn't clarify this particular point-
Do you accept that the sela and Nura story is a propaganda while just a few posts back you swore that it was true?

Oh and what proof is there that POV is based on local pov?After all,if anything the local POV is tilted towards China.
The lhobas, if you were too daft to notice before basically includes all people from all over NEFA.Yes even right upto the borders of Assam.They were the ones who went back with the PLA and why they are now found in PRC.The lhoba classification includes people from nyishi tribes of the west of NEFA to Idu mishmis who reside to the far east of NEFA.How exactly did these varied groups come to live together in PRC when they live so far apart in South tibet?
Where is the proof that Locals supported you,ie Indian army.You still haven't presented a shred of evidence and yet jump around asking for evidence and then dismiss it when presented.
BTW,you still didn't clarify this particular point-
Do you accept that the sela and Nura story is a propaganda while just a few posts back you swore that it was true?

So Mr high IQ bot your contention is that there were no lhobas north of McMohan line before 1947 and its the Chinese who settled them after the 62 war . How many people moved to China, which were the tribes which were not present north of McMohan line before 1947 but moved after 62 . How did you come to such conclusion, anything to back your rants other than more rants ?

The proof is there in the "Academic research paper" which you quoted and now claim to be biased. There's more proof for Indian support than for the Chinese.

Re-read my above post, I'm not typing same sh!t over and over again for a brain dead bot.

So Mr high IQ bot your contention is that there were no lhobas north of McMohan line before 1947 and its the Chinese who settled them after the 62 war . How many people moved to China, which were the tribes which were not present north of McMohan line before 1947 but moved after 62 . How did you come to such conclusion, anything to back your rants other than more rants ?

The proof is there in the "Academic research paper" which you quoted and now claim to be biased. There's more proof for Indian support than for the Chinese.

Re-read my above post, I'm not typing same sh!t over and over again for a brain dead bot.
LOL,As I said do present proof.The idu mishmis of lhoba especially came from Burma centuries ago and are found in east of NEFA.As such there is no other way for them to be in PRC apart from going back with PLA.Same with a lot of other groups included in lhoba.

I will repeat again,as you seem desperate to divert the topic-

Where is the proof that Locals supported you,ie Indian army.

LOL,As I said do present proof.The idu mishmis of lhoba especially came from Burma centuries ago and are found in east of NEFA.As such there is no other way for them to be in PRC apart from going back with PLA.Same with a lot of other groups included in lhoba.

I will repeat again,as you seem desperate to divert the topic-

Where is the proof that Locals supported you,ie Indian army.
Yawn give proofs or bugger off. You are not even funny anymore.

Open the link you gave and see the proof. While you have yet to present anything substantial other than fairy tales.

Back
Top Bottom