What's new

"Forced to hang my head in shame": Former Navy chief writes open letter to President Mukherjee, PM M

Times have changed. Even if God comes and tells me to hang my head in shame, I won't. :tup: Admiral Ramdas is entitled to his own view/s.

Think India has become more communal under Modi? The numbers will disappoint you | Newslaundry

Have attacks on minorities increased under Modi's government? - Quora

Shows that the Armed Forces are also not immune to the self hating rot. :agree:

I dont believe news stories,,,i have seen with my own eyes where society is headed and there is nothing to be proud of.

Good to know u have crossed the line towards the side i hate,,u were a fence sitter making subtle statements before may 2014.

I do share his views and people who know me on the forum know pretty well i am no liberal sickular/secular or whatever u call it.I am no pakistani agent or sympathizer of a particular community.

And i am no modi hater,in fact my whole family including me voted for modi and will vote again for bjp if elction is held tomorrow.

However there is something really wrong in the mentality of some people in bjp and there has been a sudden change in society,i feel it every single day.

Congress is bad for india's future but it was much more inclusive imho.I will still choose bjp as i am a born sikh and an atheist now so am not bothered by these things at a personal level but if i was a muslim,i would never vote for bjp for sure.
Thanks for admitting an uncomfortable truth. We muslims never have and never will vote for BJP. You also voted for BJP because Congress is associated with the Sikh genocide in 1984. Its a reason many sikhs avoid Congress. So since BJP is responsible for Gujarat you shouldn't expect us muslims to vouch for the said party. The largest concentration of muslims voted for congress no matter how the sanghis want to spin it.

If i may as an outsider i think India under Modi is going the exact same route Pakistan went under Zia and of which we are still bearing the brunt of rationalization of our society.

This is my personal opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Its true enough.Stupidity at peak.

If i may as an outsider i think India under Modi is going the exact same route Pakistan went under Zia and of which we are still bearing the brunt of rationalization of our society.

This is my personal opinion. Feel free to disagree.
You can't be further from the truth, Pakistan nose dived into religious intolerance because Zia imported ideology from KSA not because he tried to promote the Sufi culture of Pakistan which people followed since centuries.

Thanks for admitting an uncomfortable truth. We muslims never have and never will vote for BJP. You also voted for BJP because Congress is associated with the Sikh genocide in 1984. Its a reason many sikhs avoid Congress. So since BJP is responsible for Gujarat you shouldn't expect us muslims to vouch for the said party. The largest concentration of muslims voted for congress no matter how the sanghis want to spin it.

No its not like that.
First of all i am an atheist.
Secondly the genocide is a forgotten thing in punjab or among sikhs now,sikhs are fortunately considered as part of hinduism and both groups are very comfortable with each other.Thats the reality so sikhs are really not bothered.

You can't be further from the truth, Pakistan nose dived into religious intolerance because Zia imported ideology from KSA not because he tried to promote the Sufi culture of Pakistan which people followed since centuries.
And Modi is promoting peace loving Hindu culture where people got killed because they eat meat, children burnt alive because they belongs to untouchable caste.

And what are we doing??
We are digging up the vedas etc when india was truly a place of 1 religion.
Things have changed and we need to deal with it and this is certainly no way to deal with that issue.

And Modi is promoting peace loving Hindu culture where people got killed because they eat meat, children burnt alive because they belongs to untouchable caste.

I think we are still doing 10 0 times better than pakistan in this regard,,,i have not seen u once raising such issues in pakistan thread about ur country.

At least i as an indian member is admitting there seems to be a problem.

Whether it was imported or not, it does not change the fact. The key word here is intolerance, something India under Modi is moving towards.

No its not like that.
First of all i am an atheist.
Secondly the genocide is a forgotten thing in punjab or among sikhs now,sikhs are fortunately considered as part of hinduism and both groups are very comfortable with each other.Thats the reality so sikhs are really not bothered.
Well thats reassuring to hear. So sikhs have forgotten about the 1984 genocide and do not hold congress responsible? Be truthful here. And Tytler? What are your views on him?

And what are we doing??
Things have changed and we need to deal with it and this is certainly no way to deal with that issue.

I think we are still doing 10 0 times better than pakistan in this regard,,,i have not seen u once raising such issues in pakistan thread about ur country.

At least i as an indian member is admitting there seems to be a problem.
There is no Dalit here we don't kill our minorities for eating their liking. Yes people killed each day on sectarian basis thanks to Zia for this but now we are on right track but sad to say our neighbor is on wrong track.

And what are we doing??

At least i as an indian member is admitting there seems to be a problem
The other religions are... but are the Hindus really admitting there is a problem or just bemoaning the secular system. A system that has saved India from far more violence than could have occured. I don't see even a bit improving for my people in Lucknow and my cousins. They will always be kept away from government jobs and the army. No offense meant but even the patriotic ones will have their patriotism doubted and told to go to Pakistan.

I dont believe news stories,,,i have seen with my own eyes where society is headed and there is nothing to be proud of.

Good to know u have crossed the line towards the side i hate,,u were a fence sitter making subtle statements before may 2014.
If you already hate something, then you can't be reasoned with. I was never a fence sitter. I was always a Hindutvavadi and never claimed otherwise. :)

Whether it was imported or not, it does not change the fact. The key word here is intolerance, something India under Modi is moving towards.
I agree. We are becoming more confrontational. When faced with intolerance and violence we used to walk away (nay, run away). But now we face it head on. Hence the fireworks.

There is no Dalit here we don't kill our minorities for eating their liking. Yes people killed each day on sectarian basis thanks to Zia for this but now we are on right track but sad to say our neighbor is on wrong track.
are u high? pakistan is the poster child of large scale ethnic and minority killing. its been happening for decades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom