What's new

Forbes most innovative companies : India registers two in top ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramu

BANNED
Reaction score
Metrics : The Innovation Premium is a measure of how much investors have bid up the stock price of a company above the value of its existing business based on expectations of future innovative results (new products, services and markets) . Members of the list must have $10 billion in market capitalization, spend at least 1% of their asset base on R&D and have seven years of public data

The World?s Most Innovative Companies - Forbes

The top ten
============
1. Salesforce.com
2. Amazon.com
3. Intutive Surgical
4. Tencent Holdings
5. Apple
6. Hindustan Unilever
7. Google
8. Natura Cosmeticos
9. Bharat Heavy Electricals
10. Monsanto

Hindustan Unilever is infact European company branded with Hindustan in India.

Agreed. But please note that the people running HUL are Indians. The branding, marketing is specific to India and the expertise is home grown.

Also the ownership of Unilever is 52%.

Agreed. But please note that the people running HUL are Indians. The branding, marketing is specific to India and the expertise is home grown.

Also the ownership of Unilever is 52%.

Unilever is a European company, based out of Britain and the Netherlands.

The Hindustan Unilever brandname belongs to the Europeans, and they have majority ownership (i.e. they own it). So it hardly qualifies as an "Indian" company.

Actually, I am slightly suspicious that Tencent Holdings has beaten both Apple and Google in this index.

I love Tencent, I even bought some of their shares on the Hang Seng Index (Hong Kong Stock Exchange).

But I don't know how they could have beaten both these top-tier companies by such a margin.

The Hindustan Unilever brandname belongs to the Europeans, and they have majority ownership (i.e. they own it). So it hardly qualifies as an "Indian" company.

That is fine by me. As long as Hindustan Unilever is hiring 99.78% Indians for their operations and make it to the top ten on Forbes list is sweet.

The success of a company depends on its human resource not on where it belongs to .

Well actually as per Indian Companies act 1952,
Any company which is incorporated in India ,whose management is Indian and whose meeting of board of directors is held in India ,
Is classified as an Indian company

Let me give u an egs
Maruti Udyog limited was an Indian Public sector carmaker
In the yr 2004, Government of India dis invested the company and Suzuki Motor Corp picked up 54% stake in the company , while rest of shares were picked up by common people and the company was listed on BSE sensex
But still the company is classified as Indian co even though now it is called as Maruti Suzuki India Ltd , last yr the company sold over 1.2 Million cars

It is same as the fact that jaguar and LandRover are classified as British carmakers even though they are owned by TaTa Motors of India and Volvo is classified as a Swedish carmaker even though it is owned Chinese carmaker Geely

Well actually as per Indian Companies act 1952,
Any company which is incorporated in India ,whose management is Indian and whose meeting of board of directors is held in India ,
Is classified as an Indian company

"Unilever" is one of the biggest European brandnames in the world.

Just because you add "Hindustan" before it, doesn't change the fact that the company and the brandname are both owned by Europeans.

For example, is "Google China" a Chinese company? Of course not. Just because they hire Chinese people and base their headquarters in China (HK), doesn't make them a Chinese company.

What about Microsoft China? It would be hilarious if I were trying to claim the achievements of these two companies as "Chinese companies", just because they have a Western brandname with the word "China" thrown in.

^^^
CD, with so many patents a year under your belt, I was expecting more Chinese companies in the list.. one is there not too bad .. :)

Good going India.

Secondly, some people have problem of jealousy so we should just avoid them. As there's a saying in India, 'When a great giant proud elephant passes by, there are junglee dogs barking on it.

BHEL is a complete surprise to be present in that list.

WHat innovation did it do to make it qualify in the Top 10 across the globe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom