What's new

Forbes most innovative companies : India registers two in top ten

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you yourself pointed out, it is owned by Europeans. Unilever is the parent company.

The brand is European, the ownership is European.

I guess you could claim "Coca Cola India" next. :lol:

Innovation and R&D depend upon the people who work in the company not on the ownership of the company

Yes, majority ownership belongs to Unilever, i.e. they own it. The brandname itself is Unilever, and is owned by Unilever.

Google China is run by Chinese people, for the Chinese market.

LOL just because they add the name of your country hardly makes it yours, especially when the brandname and ownership are both European.

Sorry to say, your understanding of business ventures is somewhat not to the mark.

There is a big difference between "100% ownership" and "52% ownership".

Unilever has 52% because it supplies most of the technologies (the chemical formulas) that goes into making many of the products but that does not mean it has complete say in the company. The Indian govt. has complete authority on the marketing and distribution channels of the company.

So, technology wise, Unilever holds the cards, on the marketing, distribution and supply chain side, GoI holds the cards.

Hindustan Unilever would not be where it is unless it has the support of the Indian supply chain.

What would technology do if there is no marketing and distribution mechanisms to support ur products.

Dont just go on the name of the company blindly and term it European before understanding company ops.

Business joint ventures are lot more complicated than just "branding". I have done case studies on HUL and hence know what I am talking abt.

As you yourself pointed out, it is owned by Europeans. Unilever is the parent company.

The brand is European, the ownership is European.

I guess you could claim "Coca Cola India" next. :lol:

in that case jaguar and landrover are indian companies,isn't it?

in that case jaguar and landrover are indian companies,isn't it?

Are they owned by India, and do they have their headquarters in India? If so, then yes.

Whether or not their employees are Indian doesn't matter.

Do you think "Google China" is a Chinese company? Just because it is run by Chinese people, for the Chinese market? That is hilarious. :lol:

@Indians, please stop feeding CD, He is doing trolling nothing else.

If Coca-Cola India is declared Innovative company instead of Coca-Cola then it can be agreed up on that the Indian wing (both its management and workers) are doing something far better than their American overlords.

Are they owned by India, and do they have their headquarters in India? If so, then yes.

Whether or not their employees are Indian doesn't matter.

Do you think "Google China" is a Chinese company? Just because it is run by Chinese people, for the Chinese market? That is hilarious. :lol:

yes,they are owned by india's tata motors!:azn::azn:

Any answers , Mr CD ?

Your own Indian friend answered it in post #2. :P

The brandname is European, and the ownership is European.

Is "Google China" a Chinese company, because the employees and Chinese, and because their headquarters are in China? What about Microsoft China? :lol:

Someone is burning here :D

Unilever is placed at 74th and Hindustan Unilever at 6th place .
That shows how much innovation Indian wing has done .

At CD , no one is saying that Unilever is an Indian company . It's their Indian wing which made to the list .

Your own Indian friend answered it in post #2. :P

The brandname is European, and the ownership is European.

Is "Google China" a Chinese company, because the employees and Chinese, and because their headquarters are in China?

If the list says "Google china" Instead of "google" Then we will give credit to china only. It is that hard to understand ?

If the list says "Google china" Instead of "google" Then we will give credit to china only. It is that hard to understand ?

LOL, I would be embarrassed if any Chinese person tried to claim credit for "Google China" as a Chinese company. :P Or "Microsoft China".

They are clearly Western brandnames that have just had the name of our country added to them.

The Europeans own both the brandname "Unilever" and the subsidiary company itself. It is in fact one of the biggest Western brandnames out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom