What's new

For UNSC seat, India woos Africa

The UN in its current form is a sham. It does not reflect the current world power balance, rather, it reflects the situation of 1945.

And the veto gives unmitigated power to the permanent members. Urgent reforms which are required IMO are:

1. Abolishing the veto.
2. NO country to be a permanent member, or atleast 10 permanent members from all continents representing both developed and developing countries

I agree with you.
But, Who can beat the five rogue's joint? :undecided:

The UN in its current form is a sham. It does not reflect the current world power balance, rather, it reflects the situation of 1945.

I don't really think so.

Almost all of the so-called "Great powers" are represented on the UNSC. With the exception of Germany in Japan, who were demilitarized after their defeat in WW2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_power

Germany though, is still included in the "P5+1" grouping.

I don't really think so.

Almost all of the so-called "Great powers" are represented on the UNSC. With the exception of Germany in Japan, who were demilitarized after their defeat in WW2.

Great power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Germany though, is still included in the "P5+1" grouping.

The definition of Great Powers is highly subjective.

Also, why should the so called 'Great Powers' have the privilege to be permanent members? I thought the UN was supposed to be a democratic institution.

United Nations is nothing but a watered down version of the League of Nations, that's all.

I have some questions:

If India get UNSC seat, What are the benefits of the five UNSC?

Which country can guarantee India will never be against their own? Russia?
Russia also worried about Maoist takeover....
--------------------------------------------------
If India get UNSC seat, What are the benefits of other countries?
All along, Submitted the motion in these countries, It requires approval of "the five".
Who wants to make "the five" into "the six"?
That is right.

As far as I know, not a single P5 member has supported India to get UNSC veto power.

Having a permanent seat without veto power, is not worth very much.

Well, it won't help the 'P5' that much actually it will dilute their power and monopoly, but it will definitely help the world. And there will be fair representation of the world power, right it's bit too much polarised. How can it be fair when 1/6th of world population isn't even represented?

And I don't think Russia is worried about maoists takoever? Maoist want India to be communist country and Russia being communist itself, I don't they are worried about it??

India has cleared its' stand on UNSC seat that they only want seat with VETO power? And ALL 5 members have approved its' bid so, it means they've approved India's bid WITH unsc veto power?
Imagine, a permanent seat WITHOUT veto? We'll just go there for every single meeting and do what? Just sit there and observe? Can't even do anything about it. Well, we've non-permanent seat right now anyway.

to 19#

You think that the P5 will dilute their power for world peace?
Naive person, the P5 is the five rogue!

You think that Russia being communist itself, So Russia is not worried about maoists?
o(╯□╰)o ......Naive person......

Russia is not communist, and China is false communist. They would not support the Maoists......
Nepal is Controlled by the Maoists. Acceptable.
India is Controlled by the Maoists? Unacceptable!

I can say with certainty that:
The Chinese Government will not tolerate a new USSR in side.
If necessary, China will help the Indian government to eliminate the Maoist, including the use of armed forces.
Russia and other countries is attitude will be like China.

For a instance lets forget Veto,
if India becomes permanent member,can UN put sanctions on India....????????????
just curious..
i don't know much about UNSC...

But i find a joke in UNSC...
UK..lolz..they r struggling to save their economy..and their "RoYAL" navy is decreasing it fire power..
they want to take back their troops from Afghanistan..
is this security council...
lolz...
UK doesn't not have atleast 1/2 of india population...
But its in UN...

In current day,UNSC is not formed with powerful players....
It made of player of 1945...even before india got its independence
and about Germany...didn't germany lose to the US and Russia how is it a P5...

Finally,our guys in UN how to get in....

to 19#

You think that Russia being communist itself, So Russia is not worried about maoists?

Russia is not communist, and China is false communist. They would not support the Maoists......

If necessary, China will help the Indian government to eliminate the Maoist, including the use of armed forces.
get up friend,its not dream...

We are hunting them,we'll massacre them...
Currently just police force is killing is low-life dogs....

what indian minister do to woo african nation???-belly dancing?????

India better beg china and pakistan for unsc rather than Africa nations whoes opinion doesnt matter at all.

India better beg china and pakistan for unsc rather than Africa nations whoes opinion doesnt matter at all.

if not today, then maybe tommorow, India will become a permanent member of the UNSC.

also, as India would become stronger, the nationalistic youth in India would become stronger too. and as the nationalistic youth would become stronger, the lives of the parasitic traitors would become hell.

bakre ki amma kab tak khair manaegi.

Africans vote has more value and respect than Pakistan's in this world...:lol:

Don't compare Africa and Pakistan...:tdown:
Africans r better.....:tup:

The definition of Great Powers is highly subjective.

Also, why should the so called 'Great Powers' have the privilege to be permanent members? I thought the UN was supposed to be a democratic institution.

United Nations is nothing but a watered down version of the League of Nations, that's all.

You'd probably sing a different tune if India was a permanent member with veto.

to 19#

hahaha Are you actually saying that? Or I'm just dreaming in my sleep? lool :P
Let me put it this way, Let's say if one only one person can veto but now 2 person can use veto? So, now both of them can use veto it means that first person had to compromise because it won't be his monopoly anymore even second person can veto them. The same thing applies with 6 countries, there will be more chances for a resolution to get 'vetoed' if there are 6 countries than 5 countries?

Russia is NOT a communist country??!! LooooooooooL You've gotta be kidding me, mate. Russia is the 'HOME' of communism. Marxist? Lenin? They are the philosophers who INTRODUCED the idea of communism?
You need to brush up your facts.
Communism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why wouldn't china want India to be run by maoist? I thought chinese were supposed to be average IQ people if not clever?

Back
Top Bottom