What's new

For Iranian empire or Iranian ideology ?

IranDefence

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I was talking with a Pakistani , he was saying Iran is just expanding its empire and you have nothing to do with Islam helping Palestinians is just for your interests ! I said look we helped Lebanon against Israel but we have no prominent political or economical trade with Lebanese ( volume of our trade is only $79 million dollars ! ) while Iran lost billions of trades with Europe and its friends because of heavy sanctions that we are enduring for supporting Palestine and Lebanon !

what do you think ?

I was talking with a Pakistani , he was saying Iran is just expanding its empire and you have nothing to do with Islam helping Palestinians is just for your interests ! I said look we helped Lebanon against Israel but we have no prominent political or economical trade with Lebanese ( volume of our trade is only $79 million dollars ! ) while Iran lost billions of trades with Europe and its friends because of heavy sanctions that we are enduring for supporting Palestine and Lebanon !

what do you think ?

Don't Tell Me You Lose Your Sleep Over A Few Twelve Year Olds On The Internet

what do you think ?

I think he was absolutely right... his statement is based on ground reality not some fiction written in some declared holy book.

both but mostly ideology. empire in the sense forms deterrence and buffer zone vs israel, but also ideology of oppressed resistance.

I will be quite honest with you my Iranian bro all the the so called Islamic regional powers be it Turkey,Iran,PGCC etc are hegemonic all of them dislike each other yes the west is guilty for the division but all these 3 countries I mention are intrested in regional hegemony but I prefer Turkey and Iran to work together as the dominant bloc the last few decades of KSA/PGCC running the show has been nothing but a disaster

I will be quite honest with you my Iranian bro all the the so called Islamic regional powers be it Turkey,Iran,PGCC etc are hegemonic all of them dislike each other yes the west is guilty for the division but all these 3 countries I mention are intrested in regional hegemony but I prefer Turkey and Iran to work together as the dominant bloc the last few decades of KSA/PGCC running the show has been nothing but a disaster
My friend, that is because both Iran and turkey operate from own national interest unlike most other states in ME that are vassals for states far far away. They operate on behalf of countries who don’t care about the region BECAUSE they are not residents in this region.

You can say what you want about both Iran and turkey and their methods. However what cannot be argued is that they care more about the region simply because they are IN THE REGION. The masters of ksa and gcc couldn’t care less and that is the main reason for the misery of the region. They need to ditch their masters.

There has always been cultural and ideological dimensions to Iranian empires. Military might, rich and accommodating culture and ideology have always gone hand in hand to increase Iran's territories and ensure loyalty of their citizens.

In my mind it is both. We never used military to gain foothold in Iraq, Syria or Lebanon. We helped them in their most hopeless days and in return the let us in.

Mohammad Javad Larijani is one of the well-known theoreticians of the Islamic Republic. He has explained, on several occasions, his theory that he calls it "the Mother of Villages" or something like that in Arabic (ام القری). His theory says that Islamic nations are an important part of today's world and most Islamic countries have been suppressed and negatively affected by Western colonialism in recent centuries and therefore if any country can unite these countries behind her, she can turn into a formidable power that fights back the Westerners and projects her unstoppable power internationally.

So, his theory says that Iran's long-term strategy must be to make this happen even if in short-term it results in punitive measures against Iran by world powers. He also goes as far as saying that if something benefits the Islamic world as a whole but is against Iran's short-term interests, Iran should put the Islamic agenda and interests above all, even when it comes to national security and economic benefits.

I think that's the essence of the Islamic Republic. And that's why they have so many global, regional and internal enemies.

Back
Top Bottom