What's new

For Indian war planners, is the PAF their worst fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Just the name Brahmos. I would not have answered it so simply but you picked the right answer for me :)..

Actually more than that. Anything that is co-worked upon (at least on paper) like Brahmos between India and Russia, can not go for greater than 300 km due to MTCR. It does not matter whether the engine is Indian or not. Russia, as a MTCR member can not just work on it. So if you remove Russia from Brahmos (or you remove MOS from Brahmos ;) ) then we can go ahead and give it whatever range we can.

So the range is an MTCR issue, whether or not we make the engine or whatever locally. It is the collaboration, that can not go against MTCR rules, which imposes the limit.

That is why I said, I would think that India, out of the blue, would say that we have a new missile with a range of, say, 600 kms.

I wanted to attach an old paper submitted to US Congress but could not attach it as it went beyond the limits allowed (MTCR ;). Here is the snippet from it..

"It is reported that Russia and India plan to market the Brahmos to supposedly “friendly”
countries in order to cover developmental and production costs. Russia (an MTCR
member) pledges to keep the missile’s range below the MTCR’s 300 km range threshold."

Regards,
Anoop

Ok so you have given the answer the point is any MTCR signatory country can't transfer technology to other country which is not a signatory of MTCR whihc exceeds the range of 300kms but the reverse can not be applied. Now BrahMos tech was given to India where seeker and control software from India and ramjet engine from Russia so it is complying to MTCR. But once the engine which is under test (scram jet) start getting used in new missile, MTCR can't be applied. There is no restriction on funding some project.

Yes. But then two points.
1.) Russia can not be a part of that project at all. So Russia will have to go from Indo-Russian venture.
2.) MTCR has never stopped anything in the past. Only delayed things and also made it what one could call, backdoor marketing.

So I think instead of investing so much of research into increasing the range, India may one day get Granit and say it is indigenous.

Regards,
Anoop

1.) Russia can not be a part of that project at all. So Russia will have to go from Indo-Russian venture.
2.) MTCR has never stopped anything in the past. Only delayed things and also made it what one could call, backdoor marketing.

So I think instead of investing so much of research into increasing the range, India may one day get Granit and say it is indigenous.

Regards,
Anoop

Can't make head and tail of it! Why Russia can't be part of the venture?

MTCR never stopped anything! Interesting. How?

MY GOD this looks like a FCUKING BHARAT RAKSHAK PAGE.....and yes as for MAXIMRAZ honestly boy u got some facts right out there and u really shut the little boys up...everyone please let's not discuss BRAGMOS...on this and like i said RAMJET technology is not an alien technology...i can bet my nuts that by 2012 most of the super powers would have mastered this indian "alien" technogloy. Till then u might have ur BRAGMOS to BRAG about but not on this thread!!

well any one like to bring in a new topic for discussion .....lets talk about some other weapon.......some one throw it in man....:cheers:

Maximarz can you please enlighten me about the Indian Ballistic Missile Defense Program Prithvi air defence and Advanced air defence

Maximarz can you please enlighten me about the Indian Ballistic Missile Defense Program Prithvi air defence and Advanced air defence

All i know that its a two layer anti ballistic misslile system , with the prithvi being the high level shooter and the AAD covers the lower half. the claimed ranges are around 4800 km to 5000 km by both, they r further improving it .

Its an expensive system cuz the first stage booster rocket uses liqid fuel.
likely to shoot down a ballistic missile around 50 to 80 km (height).
seems to be a potent weapon (if the claims are right)

However mid course guidance can be exploited. that too will need a some coding and decoding. For that human intel is provided less.

over all the claims are good, i dont know about whether they got the ADD-1 and ADD-2 version fixed

Lets see when it comes into action.....they were working on its proximity fuse last oct.

However in my opinion the ranges are a bit exaggerated, and the cost is too high... and the final phased active radar Tx is not as good as they anticipated

More info inside stories will be available by April Inshallah !! :azn:

;)
All i know that its a two layer anti ballistic misslile system , with the prithvi being the high level shooter and the AAD covers the lower half. the claimed ranges are around 4800 km to 5000 km by both, they r further improving it .

Its an expensive system cuz the first stage booster rocket uses liqid fuel.
likely to shoot down a ballistic missile around 50 to 80 km (height).
seems to be a potent weapon (if the claims are right)

However mid course guidance can be exploited. that too will need a some coding and decoding. For that human intel is provided less.

over all the claims are good, i dont know about whether they got the ADD-1 and ADD-2 version fixed

Lets see when it comes into action.....they were working on its proximity fuse last oct.

However in my opinion the ranges are a bit exaggerated, and the cost is too high... and the final phased active radar Tx is not as good as they anticipated

More info inside stories will be available by April Inshallah !! :azn:

are u a spy?
;)

Regards,
Anoop

You can OTOH develop BrahMos 2 by whatever name, and then make the BrahMos Aerospace as the lead production and marketing agency selling an Indian product.

2 Radars are in use, Greenpine and its derivative LRTR.

Also, the progress path of this system is to have space based surveillance. Dedicated sats for Indian Military will start getting launched 2010-11 onwards.

The problem with Bharat is that they think (moslty Brahman logic) that they are superior and can do anything at their wish. Yet their military program are not doing very well so maybe there is a huge mouth, we know it has no teeth. We seen it twice in the past. They massed 1 million soliders on the borders yet had to retreat. Now they shouted terrorism and punitive action against Pakistan yet the whole world tunred their back at them. With a nation that feels superior and has to beg for everything from Israel...

LCA was a testcase... Their Light jet trainer went kabush cause they forget to shut the canopy. Now a passenger plane crashed cause it is to heavy. If I was India then I would shut up for the next decaded, certainly shutting up about being a superpower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom