What's new

For first time in last 500 years, China is stronger then Russia, who is to blame?

Who is to blame?

• Gorbachev reforms

• Yeltsin failed capitalism

• Putin economy dependency on natural resources

Results are only viewable after voting.
Brother, Russia deserves the best. Dont deserve to be 10th largest economy behind f*cking Italy. Our ancestors changed this world. In any aspect. I deeply doubt Putin ability to make Russia science, military or economicaly powerful again. Maybe for first time..

Unfortunately Putin is foremost a crook trying to line his pockets as best he can. if he wasn't...Russia would be in a far better position.

Russia is stagnating & decaying now because while China had mostly good and stable leadership in the last 40 years, the Russians were under bad leadership since almost 40 years now (from the beginning of Gorbachev to now), Putin is a failed leader, the only reason why some people think he is good is because of Syria..but what about the situation in Russia itself ! the Russian population is either stagntant or shrinking, its economy shrank to the point were its now comparable to that of South Korea.

the only way to achieve true rejuvenation of Russia is to increase the population to 200-300 million and the only way to achieve that is through extreme, harsh measures like what was adopted by China but instead of the measures being aimed at decreasing the population it would be aimed at increasing it.

for that Russia needs a strong leader not like the weak Putin but a dictator who would impose a big tax on any Russian who has less than 4 Children and also on any one who doesnt get married early enough for him/her to have children.

Serbian man is ranked on number 3 on the most beautiful nations in the world. Serbian women on 7th place. We are only nation in the world along Spain that have both man and women on top 10.
you must be an exception then you dirty hairy white trash

Unfortunately Putin is foremost a crook trying to line his pockets as best he can. if he wasn't...Russia would be in a far better position.

Russia now is much better than it was before.

I would take Putin over Stalin and the Tsars anyday.

I would even take Erdogan over an autocratic Ottoman sultan any day too. Funny how people call Putin a Tsar and Erdogan a sultan when both barely fit that category.

Russia and Turkey are not the only countries on earth who look at their past nostalgic many countries do this including the USA.

Not comparable. Russia's economy today is smaller than Tokyo's.

_zVLN2Hg7ngatlIvGmsWEPSKYt4blnhm5e9jQjOf8VI.jpg

Biggest city beats biggest country: Tokyo’s pulled further ahead of Russia by GDP
Last year Russia’s nominal GDP — stripping out inflation effects — was less than 80 percent of Tokyo’s despite a population over four times the size, GlobalData’s latest city data has revealed.

https://www.verdict.co.uk/tokyos-further-ahead-of-russia-by-gdp/

Brother, Russia deserves the best. Dont deserve to be 10th largest economy behind f*cking Italy. Our ancestors changed this world. In any aspect. I deeply doubt Putin ability to make Russia science, military or economicaly powerful again. Maybe for first time.
Putin is making foundation for future rise of Russia. The government spends huge resources on training the future generation of highly professional leaders - Russia always had problems with manegment. Putin stopped the collapse of Russia and he is doing his best to end US dictatorship over the world. The true rise of Russia will start after Putin - and it will happen only thanks to Putin. You will see it soon.

Last edited:
If Russia cant revive its power like it did in early 19th century or after WW2, then i will favor USA superpower status rather then Chinese. Dont believe them.

They torture their own citizens (Tiananmen massacre, mass labour camps) what will stop them from torturing other nations?
I was going to open a thread on this in relation to the bride-prostitution trafficking of Pakistani women by Chinese "businessman" (the Visa status given out like candy to Chinese and other foreigners by our government), but I never did because of time constraints among other reasons.

But to address your point about the Chinese cold disregard for life of others, whether human or even animal (boiling dogs alive and laughing while the animal whimpers and screams from pain, for example, there's videos of this. A simple google search will help), I think this boils down to the Atheist Communist Materialist mentality that has been indoctrinated into every Chinese by the Communist party since day one (birth) to adulthood and onwards. Similar pattern was observed in every Communist experiment in history; mass deaths when there was no war. The Chinese, unlike their other Marxist predecessors from throughout history are however evolved in that they have reconciled two ostensibly "opposed" materialist political-economic models; Communism and Capitalism, into a highly rationalized, mechanized machine.

Even Chinese themselves as a people have become mechanized almost like an ant colony. In America they dominate the real-estate industry, besides a certain other group of people. In Africa they are exploiting local respurces & populations, their workers are impregnating African women and never returning to father the children, in Eastern Europe and Ukraine their millionaires are purchasing the local women, in America they are buying out all the properties and real estate, and they are doing all of this with a cohesive pro-Chinese group-mentality. This is a highly rationalized mentality without any regard for the suffering of the others; for example the the Sino-African babies that are being born as a result of Chinese "businessmen" and workers in Africa impregnating the local women and leaving them and the child to fend for themselves.

I mentioned animal torture earlier (boiling live animals). This trait was most commonly documented in serial killers during the early development period in their life (childhood, young adult). Granted serial killers are generally speaking a very small percentage of a given population, when we talk about countries like America for example where some notorious serial killer examples hail from.

But here we are talking about the normalization of torturing animals on a national scale, even during festivities, where it is believed the more painful the death of an animal the tastier and chewy the meat and the more supposed health benefits. This teaching is even contrary to Buddhism. The Communist mindset is a cold ruthless rationalized one. No empathy with the victims, nothing, because why would there be if we only live one life and we are only just evolved beasts?

This is why there is no compunction on the part of the Chinese "businessmen" who can come into Pakistan and see the already miserable poor and take advantage of them because all they see is a flock of sheep ripe for the slaughter.

@Psychic @Nilgiri @Taimur Khurram @vostok @OsmanAli98 @LeGenD

Last edited:
PPP is flawed metric actually, no true economist is sold to it.

You are saying the Pakistani economist that was instrumental in creating it was not a true one?

There are many economists that routinely say its far superior. I can give you the list of the ones that worked for it to be used in the HDI (by the UN) for a reason. Want it?

Since when does USD liquidity prevalence in a country matter over actual consumption of goods and services?

By that metric, a far advanced alien civilisation arguably would have 0 economy....because there is 0 USD in their system. Shouldn't we instead tabulate what they actually consume?

You are saying the Pakistani economist that was instrumental in creating it was not a true one?

There are many economists that routinely say its far superior. I can give you the list of the ones that worked for it to be used in the HDI (by the UN) for a reason. Want it?

Since when does USD liquidity prevalence in a country matter over actual consumption of goods and services?

By that metric, a far advanced alien civilisation arguably would have 0 economy....because there is 0 USD in their system. Shouldn't we instead tabulate what they actually consume?
You did not even bother to check the article I cited (unfortunately). A widely-adopted practice is not necessarily a good practice - rather a matter of replication on a mass scale for desirable ends. There are even scholarly publications highlighting issues of PPP but few pay attention.

The law of one price overlooks the impact of costs of imports (transportation; duties) across the markets - problematic assumption in itself. Impact of branding and cross-location variations in the prices of goods is also overlooked (same basket of goods might be more costly to obtain in location A than in location B) - this is within a country, let alone in cross-country situations.

This Indian source offer an easy-to-understand explanation of flaws in PPP formula/theory: https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...ng-pppbased-exchange-rates/article9981788.ece

You did not even bother to check the article I cited, unfortunately. A widely-adopted practice is not necessarily a good practice - rather a matter of replication on mass scale. There are even scholarly publications highlighting issues of PPP but few pay attention.

The law of one price overlooks the impact of costs of imports (transportation; duties) across the markets - problematic assumption in itself. Impact of branding and cross-location variations in the prices of goods is also overlooked (same basket of goods might be more costly to obtain in location A than in location B) - this is within a country, let alone in cross-country situations.

This Indian source offer an easy-to-understand explanation of flaws in PPP formula/theory: https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...ng-pppbased-exchange-rates/article9981788.ece

Well you added it after I already clicked reply :P

As far as PPP has flaws, nominal USD has much greater flaws for the very reasons I mentioned. Similar to why current dollars is also much more flawed than constant dollar measurement (and thats why GDP growth is always quoted in reference to the latter).

In fact PPP was created to address those flaws specifically (stemming from trade and liquidity insulation). In fact the biggest reason actually stemmed from energy consumption in developing countries not being reflected in their USD nominal, given they simply didnt trade much for a very long time till much more recently.

So sorry, the extrapolation of say 5%, 10% or 15% trade liquidity (with its own set of forces and distortions and insulations at play) to the 100% GDP denominator presents serious flaws for especially developing countries.

This is going off topic anyway. You can find all the analysis you want of PPP vs direct exchange rate at the IMF, World Bank article repositories. The PPP is superior for actual measure of well being and real economy, it is why it even exists as a measure in first place.

Putin is making foundation for future rise of Russia. The government spends huge resources on training the future generation of highly professional leaders - Russia always had problems with manegment. Putin stopped the collapse of Russia and he is doing his best to end US dictatorship over the world. The true rise of Russia will start after Putin - and it will happen only thanks to Putin. You will see it soon.

Из твојих уста у Божије уши!

Actually Russian case is a telling example of why PPP is superior method for judging economic size.

PPP is only superior in measuring living standards. If you want to measure overall economic influence, nominal is superior.

Trade wars, investments, debt, currency, stocks, foreign reserves, other financial tools etc. No one adjust these things for domestic cost of living because it's virtually irrelevant here.

Like why would foreigners even care about PPP being higher in Russia? If I know the Ruble is going down I would just withdraw my investments and price my exports higher if it's denominated in Ruble.

PPP is only superior in measuring living standards. If you want to measure economic influence, nominal is superior.

Trade wars, investments, debt, currency, stocks, foreign reserves, other financial tools etc. No one adjust these things for domestic cost of living because it's virtually irrelevant here.

Like why would foreigners even care about PPP being higher in Russia? If I know the Ruble is going down I would just withdraw my investments and price my exports higher if it's denominated in Ruble.

Yes I am talking living standards....that is the real economy.

That's why Russia clearly consumes a lot more than Tokyo.

Economic influence is a broader subject and its beyond the scope of just nominal GDP anyway....but yes as one off nominal GDP would be better for it since the USD is the dominant liquidity in the world by far (and rest that are in that tier are largely tied to it as well). But even then, the use for USD as direct valuation for rest of the consumption in a country (vast majority not done in USD) is quite flawed for developing or more insulated countries generally. It's not really an economic influence thing when you tabulate GDP that way.

Forex reserves, market cap valuation, trade, investment etc would all be better measure using USD valuation than GDP for economic influence measure, since those are broadly influential in the velocities needed for "Economic influence".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom