What's new

For a change I dont Agree with Imran Khan here: Karachi cannot be a separate province, says Imran

For those people (especially the Altafists) who want to create rifts in SINDH:

stock-photo-karachi-pakistan-oct-qaumi-awami-tehreek-activists-are-chanting-slogans-against-mqm-225508501.jpg

I think as important as Karachi is for Pakistani Nation, it might be a good idea to give it a special status such as a "Federal Territory" and its Law and Order situation should be in the hand of Federal Government.

From Kashmor to Karachi it should be one province as Karachi as Darul Khilafa. (Like Sukkur falls in this but Khairpur falls in the other)

And from outskirts of Rahim yar Khan to Kaitibandar should be another province with Hyderabad as Darul Khilafa.

Cutting Karachi from rest of Sindh will add to backwardness of rest and a resentment and betrayal sentiment.

Give it a try it would miserably fail

It won't be a bigger fail than present setup.

I am sorry but he is not wrong here. Separation of Karachi from Sindh will lead to deep resentment in Interior Sindh. Interior Sindhis will never will never forgive the Federation for this. It can only be created with a 2/3 majority in Sindh Assembly.

So just because sindhis would be angry and would not accept separation of Karachi from Sindh, Karachi the biggest city of Pakistan should be left to remain a sh!thole that it is right now. Nice logic bro. Slow claps :)

Why is it so hard to understand that 20 million+ people can not be handled by antique left overs from the dinosaurs like CM Qaim Ali Shah?

Exactly this..... It is all simple logic.

I think as important as Karachi is for Pakistani Nation, it might be a good idea to give it a special status such as a "Federal Territory" and its Law and Order situation should be in the hand of Federal Government.

And to keep the people of interior Sindh happy it can at the same time remain as the capital of Sindh atleast symbolically.
India in Chandigarh i think has that kind of arrangement.

Law and order would be a federal matter with governance being handled by a local mayor.

This can be the best short to medium term solution here.

When was the last time you went to "interior Sindh" ?? Please do visit and let us know which century you time traveled back into.

The 14th ????

Situation has improved. But this won't be long lasting if these jokers of Pee Pee Pee continue to rule this city 23 million Pakistanis.

lets see, I am looking forward to General Raheel's extension. hope he doesnot compromise and continue operation not only against militant terrorists but also against economic terrorists. and also in Punjab.

It won't be a bigger fail than present setup.

So just because sindhis would be angry and would not accept separation of Karachi from Sindh, Karachi the biggest city of Pakistan should be left to remain a sh!thole that it is right now. Nice logic bro. Slow claps :)

Exactly this..... It is all simple logic.

Yar I dont see it as Separation or partition, these words have negative connotations, Karachi as capital State or Province will still be Sind. its not ethnic or political division, its simply an administrative division, before 1955, Karachi was part of Makran unit, it was under Balochistan governor.

p.s. Sind itself was part of Bombay before Independence !

Karachi used to be the capital of Pakistan, why can't Karachi made a separate City with more power rather relying on corrupt feudal from Sindh? Oh wait because Imran Khan himself belongs to the elite class. The same elite class which hates to see any middle class or lower class people asking for their rights.
Transferring from currupt fudels to Blood thristy comoany of bhai.....Karachi is stuck between the rock and a hard place.
Karachi's every political alternative leads to her doom one way or the other
PPP: Fudel Badstards.
MQM:Urban Badstards.
Jamat:Extremists Badstards.
PTI: Brainelss Badstards.
The only solution is to install a prepetual Governor Raj or Martial Law in the city.

lets see, I am looking forward to General Raheel's extension. hope he doesnot compromise and continue operation not only against militant terrorists but also against economic terrorists. and also in Punjab.

Yar I dont see it as Separation or partition, these words have negative connotations, Karachi as capital State or Province will still be Sind. its not ethnic or political division, its simply an administrative division, before 1955, Karachi was part of Makran unit, it was under Balochistan governor.

p.s. Sind itself was part of Bombay before Independence !
Good points. Everyone keeps using the wrong words which cause resentment and opposition.

It's just an administrative re-zoning. Why use words like "separate province" ?
I, as a Karachiite, would want to associate with Sindh, not an MQM-sooba.

Many of Gilgit's regions have their own religion, culture, customs and all for centuries, outside of the mainstream Muslim population. Even the Muslim population has slightly different regional customs they follow. Some say they go as far back as the Indus civilization. So separate province based on regional population, religion, customs and all makes sense.
Some members believe that Karachi Province would later turn into Demand for separate Country can you imagine such stupidity????
While Karachi is just a modern city, and ethnically diverse. So if you were to make it a separate city, what would be the basis? Majority like 90% people are Muslims, so it can't be religion, ethnicity wise, then you'll need to make like 4 different provinces to accommodate all ethnicity like Pashtuns, Mahajers, Punjabi's, White Americans who are always out to get your country and all!!
Its all based on Administrative Requirement as Karachi is already DIVIDED within Sindh as well so its nothing but providing Karachi what it deserve to have i.e. Some Degree of Self Governance so that Karachiite could get accommodated in the Process as well as so as new comers in the City.

This happened in Palestine so are you in favor of repeating that History. What selfishness, what height of selfishness.
Totally Irrelevant Example. You are talking about a separate Country and Comparing it with Administration Setup...BTW Karachi was Capital of Pakistan back in 1960s did anyone complained back then about Palestine and Israel thing????Karachi shouldnt be part of current Provincial Setup as they are Ethnicity Based.

Welll refuges dont ask for seprate province it is 90 percent sindhi people to decide not whose roots are from india and they show all love live for india
Sindhis live in Interior Sindh mostly so let them decide Interior Sindh while Karachi is Inhabited by Urban Populous came from different Parts of Subcontinent from KPK to Bihar so Urban Sindh is there decision to make as Voters.
India pay them for to make pakistans parts
Whoever Pays them but they still owns Most of Pakistan's Corporate Wealth as well as huge contribution to Business Sector so they are Contributing way more then anyone else in the Country in Per capita basis.
Bangladesh is example mukti bani was there altaf is here
Bangalis had Genuine Grievances and Sheikh Mujib so won MAJORITY of Pakistan as well so he deserve to be part of Govt. rather put in Jail so it was our Mess that cause East to separate.

Transferring from currupt fudels to Blood thristy comoany of bhai.....Karachi is stuck between the rock and a hard place.
Karachi's every political alternative leads to her doom one way or the other
PPP: Fudel Badstards.
MQM:Urban Badstards.
Jamat:Extremists Badstards.
PTI: Brainelss Badstards.
The only solution is to install a prepetual Governor Raj or Martial Law in the city.
Martial law is no solution and why only for Karachi.
Karachites have every right to select who ever party they like.but at the same time those parties should not be allowed for target killing, bhatta khori and organized crime under political umbrella.

Unfortunately urban and rural Sindh are only province where people are voting only on the basis of racism.

Vote mqm if u are "mohajir"
Vote ppp if u are "sindi"

You can not expect any poltical party to ask to votes on the basis of being punjabi , pathan and baloch. People in other provinces are voting on the basis of performance and political agenda.

Last edited:
If Delhi can be a state in India, then Why not karachi become a state in Pakistan.

Delhi's Population is 22 Million, which is similar in size to Karachi
Delhi Contributes 5% of India's GDP while Karachi contributes 25% of Pakistan's GDP

If that is the only solution, i highly urge that a Resolution be brought in the Sindh Assembly and passed with a 3/4th Majority as per the Constitution.

Karachi Population is 10% of Pakistan having all kinds of Ethnicity and culture so Sindhi centric Mindset of Sindh Govt. cant deliver anything to this city.

Did Gilgit Baltistan ever asked the same despite of being Disputed Territory Status within Pakistan????

None of you to decide its Majority within Karachi's decision. If they want to be separated from Sindh they would support Parties with this agenda if not then they would support those who wants to keep it in tacked within Sindh.

Totally agreed. It is the people who will decide what should be their status. In my opinion in order to diminish the linguistic discrimination more provinces should be made so that we people do not call them punjabi, sindhi, balochi ar pathans but Pakistanis.
Yes, Gilgit Baltistan is demanding a provincial status since its independence from the dogras. And the ruling party ( PML-N) came into the GB assembly with the manifesto of making GB the 5th Province.

If Delhi can be a state in India, then Why not karachi become a state in Pakistan.

Delhi's Population is 22 Million, which is similar in size to Karachi
Delhi Contributes 5% of India's GDP while Karachi contributes 25% of Pakistan's GDP
Dehli is capital and hence has a separate status then any other city india.

Islamabad has a similar status in pakistan even with 2 million population.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom