What's new

football argentina vs spain in kolkata

blackops

Reaction score
After a procession of current and former international football stars, Kolkata is set to play host to perhaps the biggest of them all from the current generation.

According to an ambitious plan, the twice FIFA Player of the Year is likely to play an exhibition match in the city with the Argentine national team in September this year. And, if all goes according to the plan, it could be a double whammy for football fans, with a full-strength Argentina playing either Spain or Portugal in the match at the one-lakh capacity Yuba Bharati Krirangan. That would mean getting to see the likes of Messi and Carlos Tevez against Iniesta, Fernando Torres — Cristiano Ronaldo and Ricardo Carvalho, if it happens to be Portugal.

“We have signed an agreement for bringing the star-studded Argentine team to Kolkata,” Bhaswar Goswami, executive director of Celebrity Management Group, a sports management company, said, confirming the development. IFA general secretary Utpal Ganguli also confirmed the news. “The Argentina team are scheduled to play an exhibition match either against Spain or Portugal on September 2 here. The IFA is organising the event, however another firm is bringing the Argentina national side,” he said.:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :taz: :taz: :taz:

Messi vs Ronaldo in Kolkata?
Messi & co. set for Kolkata? - Hindustan Times
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/messi-vs-ronaldo-in-kolkata/747363/

imho, they will send their most B or C teams in bharat, and its no surprise, teams like to play fund raisers in africa, cambodia afghanistan etc... so no excitement, first learn to host the common wealths properly

imho, they will send their most B or C teams in bharat, and its no surprise, teams like to play fund raisers in africa, cambodia afghanistan etc... so no excitement, first learn to host the common wealths properly

common there was no use of this bs comment if you dont get any thing you start making stupid comments about it and i dont think so the two mentioned teams are b or c grade

just few months back....diego Forlan was here in Kolkata..he came just one week after maradona left the city..he and Brazilian star Romario was together, though both of them came here for different projects.

there are many star players from earlier days and current genration who keep visitinh Kolkata...infact It is also said that david beckham might tour the city with with his team LA galaxy.

just few months back....diego Forlan was here in Kolkata..he came just one week after maradona left the city..he and Brazilian star Romario was together, though both of them came here for different projects.

there are many star players from earlier days and current genration who keep visitinh Kolkata...infact It is also said that david beckham might tour the city with with his team LA galaxy.

yes even i have heard of it but am going to kolkata for this match that is for sure

dont put all your emotions to this topic......
india is emeging as one of the major market for football and fifa know that...

and as per the current info.. it will be full team from both sides.....

so control your feelings and take rest....

..and Pakistan too...

oh wait a minute...they didnt play in pakistan..i think they were $H!T scared of playing in ur country:lol:

Fund raiser for what?lol...
If i am not wrong there were many fund raiser matches played for Pakistan,but sadly Pakistan was too deadly to play in.

just last week the derby match between East Bengal and Mohan Bagan drew 80,000 spectators, so for football heros Kolkata is the place to be! ;)

Yes kolkata is good place to be in if you love football and i will be there if i get the time to

Ha ha troll proved wrong..Messi did play in India..worry about your own country..when will such kind of match happen in Pak? Maybe after 50 years:rofl:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom