What's new

First Premier Khan Liaquat Ali Khan Shaheed's 61th Death Anniversary

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
liaquat_ali_543.jpg

Nawab Khan Liaquat Ali Khan was one of the leading Founding Fathers of modern day Pakistan, A statesman, lawyer, and political theorist who became and served as the first Prime Minister of Pakistan, in addition, was also the first Defence minister and minister of Commonwealth and Kashmir Affairs, from 1947 until his assassination in 1951.

Khan Liaquat Ali Khan was assassinated in 1951 by a hired assassin Sa'ad Babrak. After his death, Ali Khan is popularly given the titles of Quaid-e-Millat (Leader of the Nation), and posthumously Shaheed-e-Millat (Martyr of the Nation).

Had Khan Liaquat Ali Khan been allowed to serve Pakistan as Nehru got the chance, things probably would have been quite different...

but those who were loyalists to the British Raj were offended and hired a gun to kill him !!

Rest in Peace my Leader. may you be granted Jannat-ul-Firdous and conspirators jahanum !!

Dream of Pakistan is yet to be fulfilled, we will continue to strive for it, Generation after generation if it required... and we will not bow before the hired guns or stray dogs !!

main1.jpg

First of all Jinnah was not poisoned, but died of Tuberculosis.

Secondly, may Liaquat Ali Khan Insh'Allah go to Jannah, Liaquat Ali Khan was a Muslim.

I don;t know why he so strongly allied with the USA.

Look how USA has treated us in the past 20 years.

If you read history, USA was very dear to Pakistanis, they supported against soviet india

Inalillahiwainnailaihirajioon
LA Khan, Quaid, F.Jinnah, Iqbal. They all had to die so early :'(
I can bet my life Pakistan would be worlds apart if they lived. But it was Allah's will.

First of all Jinnah was not poisoned, but died of Tuberculosis.

Secondly, may Liaquat Ali Khan Insh'Allah go to Jannah, Liaquat Ali Khan was a Muslim.

First you need to know who was the adviser to Defence minister... oh yeah the same who later brought a revolution in his book...

secondly, the choice was America or Russia..

thirdly, we were practically threatened by Indian invasion, we needed support. and his policy was aligning with America didnt mean selling out ourselves to America like Ayub did later.

First you need to know who was the adviser to Defence minister... oh yeah the same who later brought a revolution in his book...

secondly, the choice was America or Russia..

thirdly, we were practically threatened by Indian invasion, we needed support. and his policy was aligning with America didnt mean selling out ourselves to America like Ayub did later.

No man, american people used to be kind hearted and respectful back then. But now it's hopeless

No man, american people used to be kind hearted and respectful back then. But now it's hopeless

Ayub's appearance is a great deception. he is found in his book, a very little man... by the time he realized what wrong he has done to Pakistan by letting the camel in, it was too late but just to title his book Friends not Masters...

Americans were surely not as powerful as they are today...

I would suggest you to double check your language, you are hitting below the belt.

You can't swear the people who disagree with you.

Disagreement is something else, he ranted with a lie... I needed to go down to his level as the mods wont take action...

so I just cannot let people like him to hit on founding fathers of Pakistan and get away... !!

P.S. you can disagree with Liaquat Ali's policy; some of which I will defend, some I may not... but this bohtaan is unacceptable... and its a two folded; one he is spreading a lie, second by placing a bohtaan on Liaquat Ali he is eating the dead meat of his blood brother. So he needs to stop.

So did they ever establish why he was killed? Was the killer a Pakistani pathan or Afghani? Was this related to the Durand line?

The number of leaders killed in the subcontinent (India, Pakistan, SL and BD) is shockingly high. Shows the dangers young nation states face.

liaquat_ali_543.jpg

Nawab Khan Liaquat Ali Khan was one of the leading Founding Fathers of modern day Pakistan, A statesman, lawyer, and political theorist who became and served as the first Prime Minister of Pakistan, ...

Thanks for starting the thread.

May LAK rest in peace.

Your description of LAK is kind of one sided, and that's why you will see many counter arguments. Here is a short list of his goods and bads. But then which politician doesn't have both good and bad?

Good aspects
1. Companion of Jinnah (the founder of Pakistan)
2. Bright, and highly educated
3. Guided the country through very turbulent early years.

Bad aspects:
1. Started quota system (2% of Sindh Urban, 9% of Urdu speakers who were still in India after 1947 + quota for other provinces. However 11% for Urdu speakers was way too high compared to what was given to other ethnicities)

2. Even though he was a Punjabi, he started Urdu-Punjabi political divide
---- His brother Sikander Ali Khan was member of Unionist party, thus his family linked up to everyone. After 1947, started deadly clash with Daultana's of Punjab.
---- He divided police and intelligence agencies by importing urdu speaking friends and lackies and promoting them to highest positions.

3. Started Islamo-fascism in the country through "Qarardad-e-Maqasid" that was in total violation of Pakistan resolution of 1940

4. Abandoned Jinnah during the crucial period of 1930s-1940s, to start his own political organization "Agriculturist party", participated in election and won his seat (not as a Muslim League member). Crawled back to Muslim league when no other party was willing to accept him.

It is so unfortunate that no Pakistani politician after Jinnah had the character to unite the nascent country, and everyone including LAK played dirty politics based on language and ethnicity.

This post is no way to thrown dirt at the first premier of our county. As I always suggest humbly that we must do honest analysis of history so as not to repeat mistakes of the past.

peace

So did they ever establish why he was killed? Was the killer a Pakistani pathan or Afghani? Was this related to the Durand line?

The number of leaders killed in the subcontinent (India, Pakistan, SL and BD) is shockingly high. Shows the dangers young nation states face.

he was afghani; a professional assassin. he was hired by forces as I mentioned in my first thread post to derail Pakistan from taking its natural course as dreamt by its founding fathers.

he was afghani; a professional assassin. he was hired by forces as I mentioned in my first thread post to derail Pakistan from taking its natural course as dreamt by its founding fathers.

I genuinely did not understand the ''loyalist to british raj'' part. Who were they?

Thanks for starting the thread.

May LAK rest in peace.

Your description of LAK is kind of one sided, and that's why you will see many counter arguments. Here is a short list of his goods and bads. But then which politician doesn't have both good and bad?

Good aspects
1. Companion of Jinnah (the founder of Pakistan)
2. Bright, and highly educated
3. Guided the country through very turbulent early years.

Bad aspects:
1. Started quota system (2% of Sindh Urban, 9% of Urdu speakers who were still in India after 1947 + quota for other provinces. However 11% for Urdu speakers was way too high compared to what was given to other ethnicities)

2. Even though he was a Punjabi, he started Urdu-Punjabi political divide
---- His brother Sikander Ali Khan was member of Unionist party, thus his family linked up to everyone. After 1947, started deadly clash with Daultana's of Punjab.
---- He divided police and intelligence agencies by importing urdu speaking friends and lackies and promoting them to highest positions.

3. Started Islamo-fascism in the country through "Qarardad-e-Maqasid" that was in total violation of Pakistan resolution of 1940

4. Abandoned Jinnah during the crucial period of 1930s-1940s, to start his own political organization "Agriculturist party", participated in election and won his seat (not as a Muslim League member). Crawled back to Muslim league when no other party was willing to accept him.

It is so unfortunate that no Pakistani politician after Jinnah had the character to unite the nascent country, and everyone including LAK played dirty politics based on language and ethnicity.

This post is no way to thrown dirt at the first premier of our county. As I always suggest humbly that we must do honest analysis of history so as not to repeat mistakes of the past.

peace

there are factual errors in it your post !! the bold parts... you can check them, as I am already exhausted by that nonsensical post by a dweller in Russia...

unfortunately, his actions were good intended, he wanted to pay off those who migrated for the sake of Pakistan... and portraying that in his cons is just not fair...

I genuinely did not understand the ''loyalist to british raj'' part. Who were they?

The mindset basically... people who are more loyal to the British than to their own land/Watan

1. Nawabzada Liaqat Ali Khan was from an Indian state. As such he was considered a mohajir in Pakistan. For his Cosituency membership he was elected by proxy from a seat in E Bengla.

2. He was assasinated soon after he had desired to make a state visit to USSR. The assasin, Akbar Khan was killed instanrly by a Police officer on duty. This officer, probably named Awan, rose up v fast in his profession. A RPAF transport aircraft carrying the investigating team crashed killing all members and some evidence they had collected. The senior most Bengalee GD(P) oficer, Wing Comdr Salahuddin was in command of the aircraft.

3. It was openly alleged at that time that Ghulam Mohammad had eliminated him. The Rightists / Americans were said to have been involved.

Oh brother! Now you are being pushed into the usual Pakistani style "Constipated Conspiracy theories".

Liaqat was a feudal lord from Karnal. After 1947, Karnal went to India, so Liaqat got busy creating his new "virtual" feudal land in Karachi. For this he imported my fellow Urdu speaking "surfs" from UP and Bihar. Then he launched a cut throat political competition with the feudal lords in Sindh and Punjab, In this process he used government institutions like Pakistan railway, police, and intelligence services as his mai-baap ki jagir by filling them with his cronies.

Punjabi chuvinists saw this for few years and tried to stop him politically. But Liaqat would not have any of this, and continued this deadly mafioso challenge to Punjab mafia. Punjabi feudal would say that finally we got rid of Hindus, but now we are being ruled by Hindustanis.

As a result, he was assassinated in Pindi during a political rally. this was not too different from the political assassination of Gandhi. Just like the anti-Gandhi forces could not take Gandhianism anymore and had him "whacked" by Godse, Liaqat too was whacked by his political opponents mainly from Punjab.

This is even though Liaqat himself was a Punjabi feudal. His brother Sikandar during all this sided with his fellow Punjabi elite, and thus lived his natural life.

Hope you got some idea that it was a local tussle and not some British Gora hatched plot against LAK.

My urdu speaking community holds LAK near and dear because he opened up the new country and promoted them unfairly to high positions in the government.

peace

Back
Top Bottom