What's new

First Premier Khan Liaquat Ali Khan Shaheed's 61th Death Anniversary

1. Nawabzada Liaqat Ali Khan was from an Indian state. As such he was considered a mohajir in Pakistan. For his Cosituency membership he was elected by proxy from a seat in E Bengla.

2. He was assasinated soon after he had desired to make a state visit to USSR. The assasin, Akbar Khan was killed instanrly by a Police officer on duty. This officer, probably named Awan, rose up v fast in his profession. A RPAF transport aircraft carrying the investigating team crashed killing all members and some evidence they had collected. The senior most Bengalee GD(P) oficer, Wing Comdr Salahuddin was in command of the aircraft.

3. It was openly alleged at that time that Ghulam Mohammad had eliminated him. The Rightists / Americans were said to have been involved.

1. How come his brother Sikander Ali Khan was considered Punjabi then? Oh bhai Sahib, Karnal was in E. Punjab, and thus Liaqat too was a Punjabi.

2. USSR or USA had no issues. LAK was killed due to "internal Pakistani politics" just like Gandhi was assassinated due to "internal Indian politics".

3. First part may be true. but not the last part.

Learn more about LAK's family before spouting conspiracy theories. Please.

there are factual errors in it your post !! the bold parts... you can check them, as I am already exhausted by that nonsensical post by a dweller in Russia...
We can discuss when you have recovered. sorry to hear about your exhaustion.

unfortunately, his actions were good intended, he wanted to pay off those who migrated for the sake of Pakistan... and portraying that in his cons is just not fair...

2% quota was for those who had already migrated in 1947 (there was no equivalent consideration for Punjabi Mohajirs even though they were in much much larger number and lost much more than their Bihari counterparts)

9% was for those who were still in India. This was a terrible decision because these guys were in India and they were not in any way in danger of persecution. This was purely a political scheme by LAK to create his new feudal state. And guess what those who talk about Mohajirstan are following LAK dream.

peace

1. Nawabzada Liaqat Ali Khan was from an Indian state. As such he was considered a mohajir in Pakistan. For his Cosituency membership he was elected by proxy from a seat in E Bengla.

2. He was assasinated soon after he had desired to make a state visit to USSR. The assasin, Akbar Khan was killed instanrly by a Police officer on duty. This officer, probably named Awan, rose up v fast in his profession. A RPAF transport aircraft carrying the investigating team crashed killing all members and some evidence they had collected. The senior most Bengalee GD(P) oficer, Wing Comdr Salahuddin was in command of the aircraft.

3. It was openly alleged at that time that Ghulam Mohammad had eliminated him. The Rightists / Americans were said to have been involved.

Sir he was considered a Muhajir for his policies to settle the issue of migrants for Pakistan...

I donot take the name of Ghulam mohammad, as it was the mindset that wanted him eliminated and hijack Pakistan, so they did, it really doesnot matter who succeeded initially !!

and lastly, whether they carried out the murder or not, but they were caught in rawalpindi conspiracy, whether it was the same group or the other this time, but they succeeded in hijacking Pakistan from its natural course...

thanks Rafael...

if possible kindly remove the quoted lines from his as well. much appreciated pro Pakistani forum :pakistan:

Rest In Peace.

It's so sad that all well wishers of Pakistan i.e M.A Jinnah, Allama Iqbal, Aga Khan, Liaqat Ali Khan, etc died soo early. Had they lived more Pakistan would be a developed country just like European countries.

Rest In Peace.

It's so sad that all well wishers of Pakistan i.e M.A Jinnah, Allama Iqbal, Aga Khan, Liaqat Ali Khan, etc died soo early. Had they lived more Pakistan would be a developed country just like European countries.

fully agree.... and there should be law to punish those who lie on purpose against Pakistan's founding fathers.

Rest In Peace.

fully agree.... and there should be law to punish those who lie on purpose against Pakistan's founding fathers.

Jo marja ta hain, wo acha banja tah hain. Be it Liquat Ali Khan, Zia Ul Haq, Nawab Akbar Bugti, Benazir Bhutto, Salman Taseer or whatever.... I gurantee when Musharraf and Zardari die, people in Pakistan will forget the damage they have done and make them 'saints'

Jo marja ta hain, wo acha banja tah hain. Be it Liquat Ali Khan, Zia Ul Haq, Nawab Akbar Bugti, Benazir Bhutto, Salman Taseer or whatever.... I gurantee when Musharraf and Zardari die, people in Pakistan will forget the damage they have done and make them 'saints'

depends what group/ideology one belongs... as far as patriot/sincere Pakistanis are concern they will have a good view about those who served the country. especially Liaquat Ali Khan Shaheed founding father of Pakistan. only anti pakistan people would have a negative view about him.

A very sincere leader who was not allowed to carry forth the Quaid's vision by those elements that believed in the propaganda that Pakistan was a state with a 5 year future ahead of it. Now, 65 years on, we still thrive thanks to the efforts of the Quaid and the founders. May this nation throw off the weight of illiteracy, extremism, bigotry, sectarianism, narrow-mindedness, parochialism and work towards building a greater society!

Pakistan Zindabad!

Thanks for starting the thread.

May LAK rest in peace.

Your description of LAK is kind of one sided, and that's why you will see many counter arguments. Here is a short list of his goods and bads. But then which politician doesn't have both good and bad?

Good aspects
1. Companion of Jinnah (the founder of Pakistan)
2. Bright, and highly educated
3. Guided the country through very turbulent early years.

Bad aspects:
1. Started quota system (2% of Sindh Urban, 9% of Urdu speakers who were still in India after 1947 + quota for other provinces. However 11% for Urdu speakers was way too high compared to what was given to other ethnicities)

2. Even though he was a Punjabi, he started Urdu-Punjabi political divide
---- His brother Sikander Ali Khan was member of Unionist party, thus his family linked up to everyone. After 1947, started deadly clash with Daultana's of Punjab.
---- He divided police and intelligence agencies by importing urdu speaking friends and lackies and promoting them to highest positions.

3. Started Islamo-fascism in the country through "Qarardad-e-Maqasid" that was in total violation of Pakistan resolution of 1940

4. Abandoned Jinnah during the crucial period of 1930s-1940s, to start his own political organization "Agriculturist party", participated in election and won his seat (not as a Muslim League member). Crawled back to Muslim league when no other party was willing to accept him.

It is so unfortunate that no Pakistani politician after Jinnah had the character to unite the nascent country, and everyone including LAK played dirty politics based on language and ethnicity.

This post is no way to thrown dirt at the first premier of our county. As I always suggest humbly that we must do honest analysis of history so as not to repeat mistakes of the past.

peace

If an outsider reads your version of history, they'll believe as Uspeakers are some ruthless conquerors ruling Pakistan, in fact that is far from the truth. Urdu speakers are quota-ed against and are the most discriminated minority, we don't have enough rights in our own heartland, we can't get govt. jobs, we can't get into the army or police or in universities etc. etc.
Plus, it's shameful to call us by the name urdu-speakers, that makes it sound more like an us vs them scenario, in fact we are just Karachiites, which is a more respectful term
And believe me, no one at all in the ISI is an urdu-speakers, facts speak for themselves. Why all the ethnic cleansing if we were in the ISI?

So did they ever establish why he was killed? Was the killer a Pakistani pathan or Afghani? Was this related to the Durand line?

The number of leaders killed in the subcontinent (India, Pakistan, SL and BD) is shockingly high. Shows the dangers young nation states face.

Ikr? Also notice hwo they're only the good honest type, people like Zardari and co. just don't seem to die already :P shaitaan ki umar lambi hai >.<
Heck even when BB died, she had done all the damage she could, and even managed to cause harm after death

Rest In Peace.

Better actualy, we had much more potential. Heck considering what littel we do have, our accomplishments are great.

Really how shameful that even on a thread dedicated to a great man's death people have found an excuse to take a dump at muhajir. I dont have to be a UPer or bihari to see how the hate here, and how shmaefull all this is

First of all Jinnah was not poisoned, but died of Tuberculosis.

Secondly, may Liaquat Ali Khan Insh'Allah go to Jannah, Liaquat Ali Khan was a Muslim.

I don;t know why he so strongly allied with the USA.

Look how USA has treated us in the past 20 years.

I think you might be younger man and not familiar with the politics of Post II World War.

After the World War II, only US and Russia were left standing and you had to belong to the camp of one of these two countries to survive economically. Countries that aligned with the US completely like Korea and Japan are booming economies.

We never aligned with the US completely. Sure we liked the benefits of aid from the US but in any alliance two countries have to look after each others interest. We always took money from the US but we were always at the forefront of destroying Israel and making UN resolutions and that was not what the US wanted us to do. It takes two people to make an alliance. Pakistan paid a huge price for making an enemy out of Israel. US congress was controlled by the Israeli lobby and this lobby hurt us every chance they got. Pakistanis are always at the forefront of fighting for other peoples interest but never fighting for Pakistan's interest.

I think you might be younger man and not familiar with the politics of Post II World War.

After the World War II, only US and Russia were left staniding and you had to belong to the camp of one of these two countries to survive economically. Countries that aligned with the US completely like Korea and Japan are booming economies.

We never aligned with the US completely. Sure we liked the benefits of aid from the US but in any alliance two countries have to look after each others interest. We always took money form the US but we were always at the forefront of destroying Israel and making UN resolutions and that was not what the US wanted us to do. It takes two people to make an alliance. Pakistan paid a huge price for making an enemy out of Israel. US congress was controlled by the Israeli lobby and this lobby hurt us every chance they got. Pakistanis are always at the forefront of fighting for other peoples interest but never fighting for Pakistan's interest.

We should have used more intelligence back then, if we became like korea or japan we could have accomplished all our secret goals

We should have used more intelligence back then, if we became like korea or japan we could have accomplished all our secret goals

That is so true my friend and that is precisely the direction Liaquat Ali Khan was taking us in. Unfortunately, there were others who were more concerned about their own selfish interests than Pakistan's National interest.

That is so true my friend and that is precisely the direction Liaquat Ali Khan was taking us in. Unfortunately, there were others who were more concerned about their own selfish interests than Pakistan's National interest.

many had good intentions, but were too naive and stupid i guess

Back
Top Bottom