What's new

First Pakistani girl topped unclimbed 6400m peak, Chashkin Sar, in the Karakorum

btw this peak looks really big!!

Any peak above 4,000 meters (that is 4 km for those of us who might be mentally challenged in some ways) is potentially dangerous because of lack of oxygen, and requires special training and/or equipment.

At about 4,500 meters (or 4.5 km) there is only about HALF the oxygen available at sea level. Even higher it drops even further.

Weather factors add to the danger even more.

It's not the height of the mountain, it is its structure and difficulty. You can have a 6,500 meter peak that is vastly more difficult than Everest.

K2 is a famous example, a killer mountain shorter than Everest. Everest has blind people and children climbing on the Hillary route these days. Leave K2 to the experts.

Good for this girl, doing something that 99% of the men here probably could not.

And the lovely thing is she is from the village in this northern region of Pakistan

This fact alone means that her muscles, lungs and blood oxygen carrying capacity are already optimized for high altitudes!

its actually # 109 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You are correct Sir. I am sorry for the typo in my previous post, which I will correct (on my keyboard 9 is right next to 0! :lol: ). I am happy that you found a slip of my finger so amusing. :D

wohooo! yesterday I was watching a video posted by Omar1984 called "Vertical Limit" (that is filmed in K-2 Pakistan) and it makes you realize that how difficult it is to climb these killer mountains. Many peoples lost their lives in the whole movie

Thats a great achievement - Congratulations to her for these wonderful milestone

Part 1 of that movie...you can go to youtube for remaining parts.......and its a must watch movie since they show the role of Pakistan Army, K-2 mountain and local residents too.....and last not least, its a very interesting movie

YouTube - Vertical Limit (2000) part 1

They Make this movie Vertical limit some where in New Zealand and the mountains they were showing are actually in New Zealand.

@ topic Brave Girl She is !!

Any peak above 4,000 meters (that is 4 km for those of us who might be mentally challenged in some ways) is potentially dangerous because of lack of oxygen, and requires special training and/or equipment.

At about 4,500 meters (or 4.5 km) there is only about HALF the oxygen available at sea level. Even higher it drops even further.

Weather factors add to the danger even more.

i meant peak looks broad and wide, not its length

i meant peak looks broad and wide, not its length

I see what you mean now.

Recent snow, with drifts, can make for all sorts of shapes, plus peaks themsleves come in all shapes too.

Thank you VCheng, Chogy and others for vital information on peaks' height and criteria of tough mountaineering.

i did not know that before

Thank you VCheng, Chogy and others for vital information on peaks' height and criteria of tough mountaineering.

i did not know that before

You are very welcome, MA'AM! :D

They Make this movie Vertical limit some where in New Zealand and the mountains they were showing are actually in New Zealand.

@ topic Brave Girl She is !!

With the whole Pakistan army accompanied :woot:

I suppose you only saw a clip from the first part that is not showing a mountain from Pakistan...... look at the remaining parts, its snow-covered mountains as we know K-2 is :)

heheheh whats with that last word ?

i called ya sir out of respect for your knowledge :D otherwise i dont even call asim as sir hahahahaha

I was ordered to address you as Ma'am by others here on PDF.

My friends call me VC. May I refer to you as Jana? :)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom