What's new

First Pakistani girl topped unclimbed 6400m peak, Chashkin Sar, in the Karakorum

On 30 of August 2010 at 8:03am, Pakistani standard time, first Pakistani girl, Samina Baig 18years old, topped up Chashkin Sar 6400m, Unclimbed Peak, in the extreme karakorum, shimshal village in the Hunza Giligit region.

Why this new is so late in PDF since she went there on 30 Aug? Where was the media? By the way, the idea of to make a documentary to promote women adventure in Pakistan is a good thing..

And can anyone say how to measure the height of any peak?

yes you are right, Nanga Parbat in Pakistan is well known as killer mountain, as its the most deadliest of the eight-thousanders for climbers, tho its 8,126 m, and ranked 9th

Also a movie is made on it named as Nanga Parbat (2010)

Nanga Parbat (2010) - IMDb

also it is one of the most beautiful, IMO

nanga-parbat2.jpg

Nanga Parbat Movie Trailor!!!! But it is in German :undecided:

YouTube - Nanga Parbat Trailer

Why this new is so late in PDF since she went there on 30 Aug? Where was the media? By the way, the idea of to make a documentary to promote women adventure in Pakistan is a good thing..

May be because positive things about Pakistan don't get much exposure in the media...

:rolleyes:

Even reaching the base camp is not easy of those mountains, mostly in Karakorum range……I still remember the wooden beam on river braldu (I once have reached the base camp of K2 in early 90s), the only way to cross the river and it was just 2-3 feet wide beam, few feet above, on an ireful river of dark brown color and as much noisy that you cannot even hear the voice of your own……..congratulations to Samina Baig for making us all proud on our ladies and thanks to Jana for sharing this news……by the way her two cousins have already died in 2008 near the bottleneck on K2…….and now her aim is to climb K2.

Last edited:

Because i just came to know about it today from one of the persons running the project so i decided to highlight it so that more such adventures for women could be done with international help.

And media is busy in miti pao these days

Jana: Like I've said before: We need more people like you!

wohooo! yesterday I was watching a video posted by Omar1984 called "Vertical Limit" (that is filmed in K-2 Pakistan) and it makes you realize that how difficult it is to climb these killer mountains. Many peoples lost their lives in the whole movie

Thats a great achievement - Congratulations to her for these wonderful milestone

Part 1 of that movie...you can go to youtube for remaining parts.......and its a must watch movie since they show the role of Pakistan Army, K-2 mountain and local residents too.....and last not least, its a very interesting movie

YouTube - Vertical Limit (2000) part 1

@Zaki: Bro if I am not wrong then Vetical Limit was picturised in New Zealand while its background was indeed K2. I love especially one dialogue where Roshan (Indian artist, Nehru of Bharat Ek Khoj) being a Pakistani army personnel says "It is 3 am, Time to wake up Indians". :lol:

@Zaki: Bro if I am not wrong then Vetical Limit was picturised in New Zealand while its background was indeed K2. I love especially one dialogue where Roshan (Indian artist, Nehru of Bharat Ek Khoj) being a Pakistani army personnel says "It is 3 am, Time to wake up Indians". :lol:

It was filmed in both, Pakistan and New Zealand

Last edited:
Is there already, or perhaps will be, an account of the expedition in detail? I hope so!

Is there already, or perhaps will be, an account of the expedition in detail? I hope so!

yeah copying here

"The expedition project was launched by Pakistan Youth Outreach, which is a educational program for youth mountaineering and awareness and promoting women adventurers. Mirza Ali is also the founder and president of PYO.

“The project’s main goal was to film a documentary promoting women adventurers in Pakistan,” Mirza told . “Thus PYO joined forces with Stelian Pavalache’s Satwa Guna Project–Illusion of Forms. This was for a film about a Pakistani girl climbing a Karakoram 6000er.”

Stelian Pavalache’s 2010 stage of the Satwa Guna Project was named “Shimshali People”. It comprises of two 90-minute video documentaries and a photographic series “which wants to reveal, but not to judge, aspects of the status of women in the Muslim culture, traditions and local customs, beliefs and forms of mystical practices in the Pakistan, Karakoram area in an attempt to perpetuate and to sustain the conservations of authentic values,” the project website reads.

“Times have changed, and today women in Pakistan are working in areas previously designated for men (such as an army or police officer),” Stelian states. “Despite the progress, climbing is still an exclusively male domain. Lack of information in society about mountain sports, the fact that it is an expensive sport, prejudices about women’s inability to climb and the absence from home in a wilderness area are several reasons that explain the lack of women in the Pakistani alpine world.”

“This is part of a larger project that will culminate with a Pakistani woman climbing Everest, as Nepalese, Iranian and Indian women have done. No Pakistani woman has ever climbed a 8,000-meter peak–this is ironic if we think that Pakistan has five of the 14 peaks over 8,000 meters in the world.”

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom