What's new

First P-8I Lands At Home Base Arakkonam Today

Dude you misunderstood my words. i just asked that 12-16 is enough na because we are getting MRMPA. why more number of LRMPA.
Why more? Well the IN has evaluated their needs and future needs and come to some estimate which may be 24, it may be 30 it may be, in the long run, even more! We are, as outsiders, are not in a position to question the needs and requirements of the Indian military, we do not hold even 1% o the facts/data so when the military comes to a certain conclusion on numbers and the like it is fair to say they are making a good call.

+ I had heard a few months back from a freind who attended a certain seminar and was present during an IN presentation, that the IN has plans to have atleast 2 LR-MPAs (P-8I) and 2-3 MR-MPAs operating out of A&N on a rotational basis (serving for a few months and then being replaced by other air frames and crew). So that at least 1 LR-MPA and 2 MR-MPA are ready to patrol or are on patrol out of A&N at any one time.

I don't know if the follow-on 4 P-8Is or the future orders will be given this assignment.

+ I had heard a few months back from a freind who attended a certain seminar and was present during an IN presentation, that the IN has plans to have atleast 2 LR-MPAs (P-8I) and 2-3 MR-MPAs operating out of A&N on a rotational basis (serving for a few months and then being replaced by other air frames and crew). So that at least 1 LR-MPA and 2 MR-MPA are ready to patrol or are on patrol out of A&N at any one time.

I don't know if the follow-on 4 P-8Is or the future orders will be given this assignment.

Then that will be a good check for PLAN. But i read somewhere that at present IN is operating dornier in A&N especially to watch the trade ships passing there.

At least a million hungry destitute Indians could be fed for 10 years with the money wasted for joy rides..

Shame.. shame..

WOW...today i saw a troller from a country with zero poverty :omghaha:

Not only in Delhi the whole country seems to be filled with psychopaths. Dont know whether its true or not but they celebrate rape festivals in punjab. :sick:

The Punjab Rape Festival In India Begins This Week | Super Official News

Even a moron would notice this source is a satirical blog the web equivalent of "The Onion".

Why does it always come down to rapes these days? As if you people have any real affinity or sympathy of the unfortunate victims of such horrendous crimes.

Of course rape is an Indian invention that takes place only in India. India is by all accounts the world leader in rapes, no other nation, developed or other wise, even comes close!

Do some research buddy- India has its issues but just because this is now a headline grabbing media fascination as far as India is concerned these days, doesn't mean it is worse in India than anywhere else.

The ONLY reason this is now so reported in India is because Indians themselves have raised the issue and have vowed to tackle the issue, not because of any foreign attention. Indian society is checking itself and trying to address its issues. The same cannot be said of most other societies where rape is just as prevalent but it is ignored and left unchecked.

Then that will be a good check for PLAN. But i read somewhere that at present IN is operating dornier in A&N especially to watch the trade ships passing there.

At present both the IN and ICG operate DO-228s out of A&N yes but the Indian military has BIIIIIG plans for the A&N islands in the long run!

+ the IN also operates armed interdiction flights out of A&N with their Chetaks.

Even a moron would notice this source is a satirical blog the web equivalent of "The Onion".

Why does it always come down to rapes these days? As if you people have any real affinity or sympathy of the unfortunate victims of such horrendous crimes.

Of course rape is an Indian invention that takes place only in India. India is by all accounts the world leader in rapes, no other nation, developed or other wise, even comes close!

Do some research buddy- India has its issues but just because this is now a headline grabbing media fascination as far as India is concerned these days, doesn't mean it is worse in India than anywhere else.

The ONLY reason this is now so reported in India is because Indians themselves have raised the issue and have vowed to tackle the issue, not because of any foreign attention. Indian society is checking itself and trying to address its issues. The same cannot be said of most other societies where rape is just as prevalent but it is ignored and left unchecked.
I thought i said I am not sure of it. Anyway I noticed it sometimes back and didnt care to read since it is not something worthy to spend time on. We obviously feel sorry for the victims and there is nothing to cheer on it. Hope our neighbours become more civilized.:)

I thought i said I am not sure of it. Anyway I noticed it sometimes back and didnt care to read since it is not something worthy to spend time on. We obviously feel sorry for the victims and there is nothing to cheer on it. Hope our neighbours become more civilized.:)

Mate, had you'd been Civilized, you would not have pasted that Garbage....:rolleyes:

These p8i's have lots of job to do as our submarine feet is going to sink to the lowest by 2016...25 to 30 of these will help navy to secure IOR from Chinese sub..

He said IN will have 24 P8i's. The news report you posted says IN plans to acquire 12 more.
The additional 12 P8i's may or may not materialize, he assumes it will. I was trying to make that point in my earlier post.

Might be strange, but in this case I am on your side. :enjoy:

There is a misconception in the reports and remarks by IN or Boeing, that IN would want 24 x P8Is, but that is not the case. They want 12 more MPAs, which is roughly twice the number we have today and even the posted reports shows that:

...Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Nirmal Verma told India Strategic in an interview that the Navy was satisfied with the progress of the first eight Indian P8-Is being built by Boeing under a 2009 order and that the second order for four more aircraft was being processed to be placed within the current fiscal ending March 2012.

The Government had cleared these 12 aircraft already as requested by the Navy, and at a later date, it was being planned to acquire 12 more LRMRs for offshore surveillance and protection of the Indian waters and interests, bringing the total to 24, he said.

The exact type of the 12 additional aircraft would be worked out later.

..:: India Strategic ::. Indian Navy: Indian Navy to induct 24 Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance Aircraft

He is praising the P8, but didn't said that IN wants to procure another 12 of them necessarily and since the P8I was offered in a modifed version in the MRMR competition too, it is more likely that the whole article is talking about the possibility of additional P8s through this requirement, so IN needs a total fo 24 x MPAs, not 24 x P8Is + MRMR MPAs.
24 x MPAs would double the numbers of the current fleet, with additional Do 228 and Saras coming in later too.

It is true that we will need a useful number of MPAs, but it's highly doubtfull that we will go for such a costly fleet of P8Is only, which costs more than $250 million per unit. Adding a similar, or even higher number of more cost-effective MPAs to the P8Is and not to mention additional UAVs, will be the best for our future needs.

VERY VERY VERY NICE INDUCTION

LOVE THE FACT WE ARE INDUCTING HI TECH USA MILITARY HARDWARE

Dude you misunderstood my words. i just asked that 12-16 is enough na because we are getting MRMPA. why more number of LRMPA.

Actually dude you all misunderstood. To be honest i asked @Indian Army that 12-16 is enough na for LRMPA. But that @li0nheart quote forced me to to post about my discussions with my friend.

To be Frank 24 LRMRA and 6MRMRA are just not enough to protect the vast coastline and interests of India. Detecting a threat in ocean is far more challenging than in land. More such aircraft's, the better it is.

Indian Ocean on Navy’s new P-8I radar

The maiden P-8I aircraft which will help Indian Navy in long-range maritime survey and anti submarine warfare landed at INS Rajali, Arakkonam Naval Air station on Wednesday.

This is first of eight planes procured from the US-based aircraft manufacturer Boeing. It is expe*cted to replace Russian TU 142s, which had over done its service in the Indian Ocean. “The Indian Navy’s aviation wing has received a big fillip with induction of this aircraft. We expect other seven planes to join our fleet in the next two years. We also hope that we will add four more P-8I aircraft to our regiment,” said Vice Admiral Bimal Kumar Verma, Chief of Staff (Eastern Naval Command).

The Eastern command chief added that P-8Is would replace age-old TU 142s, which had served the Indian Navy for the last two decades. “As part of our Navy’s modernisation efforts we will phase out TU 142s soon and replace them with P-8Is,” he noted. “The aircraft is fully integrated with state-of-the-art sensors and has highly potent anti-surface and anti-submarine weapons including torpedo and missiles,” he further added.

Listing its advantages, Vice-Admiral Verma said the aircraft could even be operated from civilian airports, as its ground equipment were common to other aircraft. “It can land and take off from commercial airports, which actually increases its potential to man the whole of Indian Ocean region,” he added.

It may be noted that the Arakkonam airstrip was built to 4.1 km mainly to suit the TU 142s requirements. “The TU 142s can fly non-stop to Gulf and comeback without refueling, but it is very difficult to land it on smaller runways,” said a senior navy officer. However, he added that the TU 142s have become obsolete since it belongs to olden type of warfare.

“There are lot of innovations in P-8I aircraft. The whole area from East Coast of Africa to the Malacca Strait can be kept under surveillance by a combination of P-8I planes coming in from the US,” the Navy official said, adding that these aircraft would act as an extended eye of the Naval forces in the Indian Ocean.

Noting that P-8I has an endurance level of about 9 to 10 hours, the Navy official said that its radar can see over 100 miles and can communicate the data to the nearest forces to put up with the enemy present in that area.

The P-8I is actually the Indian naval variant of the P-8A Poseidon developed by Boeing for the US Navy. “India is the first foreign country to order this aircraft,” said a Boeing official, who added that the plane designed for long-range maritime reconnaissance, also have the capabilities for mid-air fuelling.

When asked about this US aircraft’s suitability to Indian conditions, the Boeing official, who was struggling to beat the Arakkonam heat, told this newspaper that the plane will apt any climatic conditions, as its airframe comes from the commercial aircraft 737-800, which is used across the globe.
Indian Ocean on Navy

Look at the P8-A
p8-17.jpg

p8-07.jpg

p8-09.jpg

Boeing_P8.jpg

Without CISMOA, The Indian Navy Works The P-8I

By now, it seems pretty clear that military interoperability agreements like the Communications Interoperability & Security Memorandum of Agreement (CISMOA) are on ice as far as Indo-US relations are concerned. I've posted quite a bit in the last two years about the equipment and kit that the US government is constrained to withhold from India as a result of Delhi's resistance to entering into a CISMOA with Washington. This has typically included encrypted voice, IFF and advanced secret communication equipment, all administered by one US armed service or the other. So far, even though the Indian military has said the lack of equipment protected by agreements like CISMOA, didn't make the platforms contracted any less capable or effective, there was no real sense about how the military was actually filling those gaps. Let's be clear: those were gaps, despite what certain military chiefs said.

Well, that's where the slide above comes into play -- it was in a presentation that Boeing made today to a group of us visting journalists in Washington. It illustrates just how the Indian Navy has plugged the CISMOA-induced gaps on the American platform -- notably, speech secrecy kit by India's state-owned Electronics Corporation of India Ltd (ECIL), IFF interrogator and transponder by BEL and HAL respectively, mobile satellite system by Avantel and fingerprinting kit by BEL. All very interesting.

The gear on the P-8 platform that was held off as a result of the absence of a CISMOA, are understood to include a Raytheon IFF transponder (Mode IV Crypto), SINCGARS radio, TACTERM/ADVT secure voice (HF) terminals and Rockwell-Collins SATCOM transceivers.

Back
Top Bottom