What's new

First P-8I Lands At Home Base Arakkonam Today

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Indian Naval Aviation received a major fillip with the arrival of the first of eight Boeing P-8I Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance and Anti Submarine Warfare (LRMRASW) aircraft at Naval Air Station Rajali (Arakkonam) on 15 May 2013. The remaining seven aircraft would be delivered over the next two years.

The P-8I aircraft, based on the Boeing 737-800(NG) airframe, is the Indian Naval variant of the P-8A Poseidon that Boeing has developed for the US Navy. The aircraft is equipped with foreign & indigenous sensors for Maritime Reconnaissance, Anti Submarine operations and Electronic Intelligence missions. The aircraft is fully integrated with state of the art sensors and highly potent Anti Surface and Anti Submarine weapons.

These LRMRASW aircraft have been procured under the contract signed in 2009. The Indian Navy is in process of procuring an additional four P-8I aircraft under the option clause. The P-8I aircraft would greatly enhance India's maritime surveillance capability in the Indian Ocean Region. Vice Admiral Bimal Kumar Verma, Chief of Staff (Eastern Naval Command) received the aircraft in a function organized at INS Rajali.

Broadsword: First of eight Indian Navy P8I aircraft arrive in India: official MoD release posted below

Well I reserve my comments on his behavior but to answer your question, India might order 24 P-8 I's and the chances are little, that all the 24 would be based in INS Rajali Naval Air Station.

I dont think we are going for 24 aircrafts in the near future. We are going to buy 4 aircrafts only in second batch and most probsbly that will also placed in rajali only because of its strategic importance.And for other bases we are going Medium range MPA(may be 12-16 maximum), Dornier NG(for short range). So need for P 8I is 12- 16 is enough i think. And MRMPA will take care of the rest dude.

I dont think we are going for 24 aircrafts in the near future. We are going to buy 4 aircrafts only in second batch and most probsbly that will also placed in rajali only because of its strategic importance.And for other bases we are going Medium range MPA(may be 12-16 maximum), Dornier NG(for short range). So need for P 8I is 12- 16 is enough i think. And MRMPA will take care of the rest dude.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it is called present."

No body knows about future, live in present. Why speculate when you know nothing? If you do know please be kind enough to share with us. Thanks.

We'll see but the IN has said there is a requirement for 24 LR-MPAs irrespective of any MR-MPA orders it may make. I'll leave it at that.

Nobody from the MoD or IN has said anything to that effect. Have they?

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it is called present."

No body knows about future, live in present. Why speculate when you know nothing? If you do know please be kind enough to share with us. Thanks.

Have you read the rest of my quote or only the word near future or at-least have you understand what i mentioned. You no need to teach me what i have to quote and what i should not. I will quote what i know only not some nonsense.

Nobody from the MoD or IN has said anything to that effect. Have they?

We'll see but the IN has said there is a requirement for 24 LR-MPAs irrespective of any MR-MPA orders it may make. I'll leave it at that.

Dude i just mentioned about near future. Well 2 weeks back i was in arakkonam dude where i met my friend who is working one of the maintanence incharge of aircrafts. We had a discussions about indian navy and its future program. In that topic only i got this news and i thought about opening a thread regarding this discussions but actually i forget most of the things what he mentioned that's why.(He said at the end o juf this decade IN will be operating max. of 16 P 8I's may be at later it may go upto 24 once tu and illyushin get retired in the mid of next decade).

Dude i just mentioned about near future. Well 2 weeks back i was in arakkonam dude where i met my friend who is working one of the maintanence incharge of aircrafts. We had a discussions about indian navy and its future program. In that topic only i got this news and i thought about opening a thread regarding this discussions but actually i forget most of the things what he mentioned that's why.(He said at the end o juf this decade IN will be operating max. of 16 P 8I's may be at later it may go upto 24 once tu and illyushin get retired in the mid of next decade).

The timeline for 24-30 P-8Is is by ~2020-22 mate so tallies with what the gentleman said.

Even Raksha Bhavan and NauSena Bhavan have not decided on that matter finally yet. So the Base Commander at Arakonam is not going to be in the loop, apart from the Maint. guys. Did you speak with the Cdr. A(E) ?
Plus there is another Base that will be used post 12 aircraft.

OB-XM635_inavy0_G_20130516042750.jpg

Things don't revolve around my word, my dear friend, I just shared what I red.

The Government had cleared these 12 aircraft already as requested by the Navy, and at a later date, it was being planned to acquire 12 more LRMRs for offshore surveillance and protection of the Indian waters and interests, bringing the total to 24, he said.

..:: India Strategic ::. Indian Navy: Indian Navy to induct 24 Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance Aircraft

Dude you misunderstood my words. i just asked that 12-16 is enough na because we are getting MRMPA. why more number of LRMPA.

Even Raksha Bhavan and NauSena Bhavan have not decided on that matter finally yet. So the Base Commander at Arakonam is not going to be in the loop, apart from the Maint. guys. Did you speak with the Cdr. A(E) ?
Plus there is another Base that will be used post 12 aircraft.

The timeline for 24-30 P-8Is is by ~2020-22 mate so tallies with what the gentleman said.

Actually dude you all misunderstood. To be honest i asked @Indian Army that 12-16 is enough na for LRMPA. But that @li0nheart quote forced me to to post about my discussions with my friend.

Back
Top Bottom