What's new

First look at the New Parliament building of India

FxCrMefX0AAP-9q

Internal looks ok'ish - externally it look's like a used piece of toilet paper ... they should have gotten a decent architect to come up with a design that reflects south asian art and culture better than this does.

Man what a disappointment.

Not being jealous or anything, but where are the width and space components?

Something culturally or even futuristically appropriate? Or timeless? Dharmic is enough?

This is a parliament for 1.4 Billion people! Not all of them Hindu.

I don't know who designed it - but what does it even represent?

This is Bangladesh' Parliament house designed 50 years ago. The British did not hand it to us, we built it.

iu

ce58e3d1d7ecbd9f27691873c983bc55--louis-kahn-bangladesh.jpg

iu

Sangshad_2.jpg

Last edited:
It is based on the principles of VAASTU (i.e. balancing the five elements to release positive energy)

Acknowledging, respecting and learning from its roots is the policy of Modi's government.

I think we even helped them build the parliament too. Bangladesh didn't have neither expertise nor capital to build parliament, it was like Afghanistan at that time. That's why their parliament has resemblance with ours.

View attachment 932043
View attachment 932042

To this day architecture and civil construction in Bangladesh is generally of a higher standard and more progressive/futuristic than in India.

Here is my Bangladesh urban development thread - take a gander sometime.

Helped us & Afghanistan - right !!!

Last edited:
Maybe Pakistan can put this map of Muslim Mughal empire in its parliment as a "cultural statement" ?

MughalEmpireIndiaMap_0.jpg

At least this map is real - whereas Akhand Bharat is not real as it never existed ....

Back
Top Bottom