What's new

First look at the New Parliament building of India

Suit yourself - ignorance and bhakt go in the same sentence usually.

I guess you are a better architect than Louis Kahn who designed it?

Please make some more ignorant comments - Mr. architecture critic.

And how would a bhakt know about what a sewage treatment plant is? :p:

iu

A2433-Case-Study-National-Parliament-House-Image-1.jpg

"Museum of Tolerance and Understanding" unlike the present one. :rofl:

Read this and then tell me where am I wrong in my assessment, brutalist architecture is inherently non aesthetic, and your parliament is a textbook example of that style of architecture

If you want to delude yourself by believing butalist architecture is actually better looking then I have no more words to say

Read this and then tell me where am I wrong in my assessment, brutalist architecture is inherently non aesthetic, and your parliament is a textbook example of that style of architecture

If you want to delude yourself by believing butalist architecture is actually better looking then I have no more words to say

I know what brutalist architecture is - unlike you who learned it ten minutes ago from Wikipedia. :-)

Not going to descend to teaching you about what aestheticism entails either (based on brutalism or otherwise), it is beyond your understanding going by your posts.

If you don't understand it - keep trying, you will get it in another ten, twenty years. For now you are ignored. Waste of my time.

I'd have liked elements of the swastika integrated into the main facade design, not just embellishments and the random one inside.

Naval base Coronado in San Diego, Cali.
rawImage.jpg

27swastika.xlarge1.jpg

A Swastika like structure would have resulted in enormous wastage of space and space is at a premium in Lutyens' Delhi. Moreover for a Parliament you need 2 large halls for the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. That would not be possible in a Swastika like building.

A Swastika like structure would have resulted in enormous wastage of space and space is at a premium in Lutyens' Delhi. Moreover for a Parliament you need 2 large halls for the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. That would not be possible in a Swastika like building.
arey yaar, same building me they could have done something.. like so:

NEWP.JPG

sadly, I'm not having the skill of architects

however, the good nazi ideas are still bubbling in my mind

furthermore, im having the artistic visions

I know what brutalist architecture is - unlike you who learned it ten minutes ago from Wikipedia. :-)

Not going to descend to teaching you about what aestheticism entails either (based on brutalism or otherwise), it is beyond your understanding going by your posts.

If you don't understand it - keep trying, you will get it in another ten, twenty years. For now you are ignored. Waste of my time.
So Bilal the all knowing is going to comment on me about how I learnt about brutalist architecture ten minutes ago, Ah the Irony 🤡.

I really don't need classes from a shitposter either.

Dada dont you think its in middle of a water body??

One cyclone or heavy flood and parliament's khela hobe..

I really think Bengali Indian members should make it clear in their signatures they are Bengalis. Difficult to ascertain.

Cow Cola fuked up hindu brain... 😑

Akhand bharat may not be such a bad thing for Muslims as Muslims of the subcontinent feel apprehension against it. Realisation of Akhand Bharat (if ever) may very well be the decision Hindus can make to shoot themselves in the foot. If realized Muslims will be 33-36% of the population, Hindus 59-62%. With Muslim birth rate even if we don't surpass their population, we will likely control the parliament and politics to such an extent India will cease to be a Hindu rashtra.

1685433487340.png

Last edited:
I probably think a final year architect student in a half-decent college can make a better design. Hell, even some of the private properties by Bangalore developers look better designed than this i-dont-know-what-the feck-is-this design.

There are even comparisons to an old Somalian parliament building from 1970, which looks similar. At least the original building looks distinctive and iconic. I am disappointed that the country's most premier building looks so generic and mundane.

Old.jpeg

Akhand bharat may not be such a bad thing for Muslims as Muslims of the subcontinent feel apprehension against it. Realisation of Akhand Bharat (if ever) may very well be the decision Hindus can make to shoot themselves in the foot. If realized Muslims will be 33-36% of the population, Hindus 59-62%. With Muslim birth rate even if we don't surpass their population, we will likely control the parliament and politics to such an extent India will cease to be a Hindu rashtra.

View attachment 932283
u know the ones who wanna make akhand bharat wanna make it on muslim graves right.

View attachment 932283
ummm u do know the people who wanna make akhand bharat want to make it on muslim graves right like how we got kashmir through jammu massacre.

u know the ones who wanna make akhand bharat wanna make it on muslim graves right.

ummm u do know the people who wanna make akhand bharat want to make it on muslim graves right like how we got kashmir through jammu massacre.

Well not sure about that. My personal opinion of Indian people is positive and through interactions with many my opinion is that most Indians are nice and regular people, have many good friends. Therefore the ones who want it over the graves of Muslims are lunatics on one hand and dreamers on the other hand, likely a small percentage. Wholesale massacre of the Muslims by Hindus of the subcontinent is a near impossibility, Muslims are not exactly the sheep kind.

I probably think a final year architect student in a half-decent college can make a better design. Hell, even some of the private properties by Bangalore developers look better designed than this i-dont-know-what-the feck-is-this design.

There are even comparisons to an old Somalian parliament building from 1970, which looks similar. At least the original building looks distinctive and iconic. I am disappointed that the country's most premier building looks so generic and mundane.

View attachment 932282

I think a building that resembles an ancient Hindu temple would have been a better choice for a parliament building.

Last edited:
Well not sure about that. My personal opinion of Indian people is positive and through interactions with many my opinion is that most Indians are nice and regular people, have many good friends. Therefore the ones who want it over the graves of Muslims are lunatics on one hand and dreamers on the other hand. Wholesale massacre of the Muslims by Hindus of the subcontinent is a near impossibility, Muslims are not exactly the sheep kind.

I think a building that resembles an ancient Hindu temple would been a better choice for a parliament building.
well we saw it during jammu and operation polo u exactly how the razakars were dismissed after the conclusion of operation polo your own country had been subjugated in the past when the push comes to shove i've never seen muslims of the subcontinent put up a fight even the kashmiri have washed their hands now it's always the afghans if you wanna talk about greater south Asia who have put up such a fierce resistance.A akhand bharat lunatic will never think of invading afghans.

I think a building that resembles an ancient Hindu temple would have been a better choice for a parliament building.

I would want something exactly opposite. Something which has absolutely nothing to do with religion. Why do we need to borrow something from past? It's weird that a country of million architects, designers, engineers can't find a fresh idea or a design.

What I initially commented on about this nondescript new Indian parliament building - is how uninspired it was. Some small-minded bhakts have started bad mouthing Louis Kahn's work in Bangladesh Sangsad Bhaban (Parliament) instead.

Judge for yourself what the significance is as far as global architecture and what was missed in India today,

BTW Louis Kahn also designed the structure for IIM Ahmedabad - though that was a much smaller and less comprehensive project.

Brutalism was far more in vogue in the seventies and it is coming back once more.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom