What's new

First Look At Futuristic Variant Of India's Tejas Fighter - Orca

Looks very Rafale like.
If India can get the Kaveri engine working , then I can see them getting to current Rafale level within 10 years.
Thanks for this thread as I think it is interesting to discuss.

It looks very nice. If its going to take 10 years for induction then what is the point. Might aswell go for the 5th generation and invest all the resources.

As I said in the Tejas thread, it's a derivative of ADA's Tejas Mk2 design, but by HAL.

While ADA is developing SE Mk2 for Air Force and TEDBF for Navy, HAL wants to create a TE Omni-Role fighter that can work for both, just like Rafale.

After decades of being a production powerhouse, HAL has ambitions to be a design house. It's too early to say if this competition with ADA will be for the good or bad.

Note: As per NDTV, things are all good and ORCA is simply the AF variant of the TEDBF that ADA is developing.

Last edited:
I don't think that it will ever be developed because by the time AMCA will also be ready. when you have 5 + generation fighter ready almost at the same time, why would you go for or 4 +++ generation fighter.

So, let us see how it pans out... I do see French finger prints in its design same as Tejas... so some heavy French involvement and tech is to expected... good biz opportunitiy for the French.... Rafale light!

Mangus
The Marathas acquired the French armaments and training for the Third Battle of Panipat against the Muslims, equipped with the indigenous arms, training, tactics, strategies, leadership etc....

India has passed a stage when it used to take a long time to get freeze the design of any fighter aircraft. Now India has lots of data, programs , simulater and wind tunnel in place so as the manpower with lots of experience in designing and RND. Any future aircraft project from now onwards will not be a difficult task at all for India. India has now developed World class tadars and electronic Warfare suit as well. India has designed excellent smart bombs , anti airfield weapons, air to air missile as well as standoff weapons. Now almost all building blocks of Technology in the field of air warfare are in place except the engine where some building blocks are missing. Once India overcome this problems, India will have a full-fledged ecosystem in place in the field of of aerial warfare. From here toward, future of India in this area looks very bright.

Back
Top Bottom