What's new

First Block 2 JF-17s under construction in Pakistan

u=2348778218,1964668262&fm=15&gp=0.jpg
:laughcry:
u=2049906261,1455423463&fm=23&gp=0.jpg
u=2087287364,2677483298&fm=23&gp=0.jpg
In Pakistan service the j-10 would primarily be an air-defence platform, equipped with chinese weapons such as the sd-10 active-radar air-to-air.

What I found in my search loads of PAF F-16 flying with Sidewinder one F-16 with training round that you already prove its a training round in 2012 discussion .... So, no offence in saying PAF just don't like Photographing the jets with Missile or the missile are in such a shortage that not a single pik of F-16 is available even after such a long time of Induction of AMRAAM .... Seriously a big y on no pik ?
Ambala to station first squadron of MMRCA fighters | Page 25
Well I remember a news when chief has presented with some evidence of a few BVR lock on to some USA representative to ask them to message Indians to stay back ... How about wiggling MKI's a$$ at our face again may be you get a burning evidence of Pakistan having BVR's.

Please provide your source. And they can't be modified?

My apologies if this a repost. Here's a source. JF-17 cleared for QRA (Quick Reaction Alert). Initially only carried PL-5EIIs but Blk-1s now modified and standard configuration is now 2 PL-5EIIs and 2 SD-10s along with 2-3 drop tanks.

According to the program director modifications applied to previous Thunders before bringing in new Block, this explains the delays in blk-2. Since new block to be introduced after every 50 jets a block-4 or 5 could be a possibility as well.

KLJ-7 current version installed on JF-17 is mechanically scanned but to get E-scan capability in future.

No need to jump the gun, we just need to put in patience. PAF is not sleeping.

xO1ZRgw.jpg

xTW8Qun.jpg

jSMKcAH.jpg

obwAn9I.jpg
y0DSfOx.png

Last edited:
17-thunder.jpg

Production of the first two of 50 Block 2 JF-17s on order by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is now well under way at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra, with the first expected to fly by the end of the year.
The Block 2 JF-17 has several capability increases over the Block 1s, but the main boost to the PAF as well as to export potential is the installation of an air-to-air refuelling system. One aircraft has been fitted with a refueling probe, which protrudes from the right side of the fuselage just behind the cockpit, sitting forward of the pilot’s position. It is being used for flight trials.
However, this modification will not appear in Block 2 aircraft until midway through the production at the Aircraft Manufacturing Factory (AMF), probably in early 2016, PAF officials said. Coupled with software enhancements, other new features include an upgrade to the avionics system that works around China’s Nanjing KLJ-7 radar.As a result, the Block 2s can add the Chinese-designed C-802 anti-ship missile and SD-10A beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile to the Block 1s’ existing armoury, which includes Mk 82/84 dumb bombs and the PL-5-EII short-range air-to-air missile. All the Block 1s will eventually be upgraded with the Block 2 improvements.

With an urgent need to export JF-17s, a two-seater will be built in the Block 2 time frame. The PAF had always said that a two-seater is not urgent, but Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt now admits that a dual seater is a necessity. “We realise that it is required, because the air forces interested in buying JF-17 want one,” he said.

PAF pilots currently converting to JF-17 are accumulating around 25 hours on a JF-17 simulator operational at Kamra, where one of the two operational squadrons is based. Nearly all the Block 1s have now been delivered to the PAF, which has a current requirement for 150 to replace the ageing F-7P and Mirage III/Vs.

First Block 2 JF-17s under construction in Pakistan | PAKISTAN DEFENCE NEWS BLOG | Pakarmedforces.com

My apologies if this a repost. Here's a source. JF-17 cleared for QRA (Quick Reaction Alert). Initially only carried PL-5EIIs but Blk-1s now modified and standard configuration is now 2 PL-5EIIs and 2 SD-10s along with 2-3 drop tanks.

According to the program director modifications applied to previous Thunders before bringing in new Block, this explains the delays in blk-2. Since new block to be introduced after every 50 jets a block-4 or 5 could be a possibility as well.

KLJ-7 current version installed on JF-17 is mechanically scanned but to get E-scan capability in future.

No need to jump the gun, we just need to put in patience. PAF is not sleeping.

xO1ZRgw.jpg

xTW8Qun.jpg

jSMKcAH.jpg

obwAn9I.jpg
y0DSfOx.png
1133733.jpg
u=3545135901,3570292247&fm=23&gp=0.jpg
u=1402935230,146933491&fm=23&gp=0.jpg
1106081526657f2c3e804a71fb.jpg

In second last question of an Interview with Air/Cdr Mahmood Khalid, He said one aircraft was lost due Pilot Error. is that so?

What I knew was the wing of an aircraft got separated from the fuselage , while pilot was practicing for Air show.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom