What's new

First Bae Hawk for the IAF

Adux

Reaction score
d3a38c01337f374be1c8b15b0f056cd2.jpg

Hawk Mk 132 completes first flight in Indian markings

The sixth Hawk Mk 132 for the Indian Air Force is seen touching down after its first flight of 1h 2min at BAE Systems Warton on 17 April. The aircraft was flown solo by project pilot Nat Makepeace. Although five aircraft preceded it, the first Mk 132 flight having been made on 11 Dec 2006, the airframe was production number four. It is the first aircraft to bear Indian Air Force markings, but also carries RAF markings for flying in the UK.

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...ompletes-first-flight-in-indian-markings.html

Why did IAF select the expensive Hawk over the IJT to be her major trainer?

Why did IAF select the expensive Hawk over the IJT to be her major trainer?

IJT is an IJT, Intermediate Jet Trainer not AJT like the hawk, Advanced jet Trainer.Two completly different profiles

No man. The color makes it look like outdated. The plane is awesome deserves some more attention. ;)

cuz i thought it was photoshopped. It just doesnt fit for me.
The colour doesnt suit the plane, I have seen it in person. It looks better in its black and silver.

I think that this is one of the best moves for IAF. They needed a good advanced trainer desperately. I like the way the added local production to this order. Congrats.

Pakistan did passed India with K8. Though not as good as Hawk the K8 is cheap and performing very well. Besides that Pakistan holds 50% parts production rights...

Munir,

You are correct. K-8 is performing awesome.

I do lack knowledge in the areas when comparing trainer verses trainer.

What does Hawk provides that K-8 is not able to provide? IMO both can provide the same training at the same level except for the few functions which i am probably unknown with reserved for Hawk.

Any Bae Military jet currently flying in the UK, should have RAF sign until it is transffered.

No it is going through its flight testing now. It will be transffered by august this year if i am not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom