What's new

Firing between Pak-Afghan forces at Torkham border

TorKham Border Gate Map...!!
TorkhamBorderGate_Map_1L.jpg

It's not even clear who is the culprit yet, Pakistani or Afghan side, of course each side will accuse the other. But saying that hoping sense prevail on Afghan side is automatically assuming they are at fault which is wrong. Let there be investigations on the incident.

And what do you think logic states in this scenario. What interest does Pakistan have in firing into Afghanistan when we are building a simple border gate/post on our soil.

The Afghans have already accepted that they tried to stop the construction of the border post. What logic is there in that? Would you accept Turkey or Iraq telling you, you can't build border posts in your land.

Ultimately it comes down to Afghan irredentism. They claim half of our country as their land. Any kind of fortification of the border between our country destroys any hope they have of taking over our land, hence their anger.

So once again what does logic state? Pakistanis who are building a border post on their own soil just deciding to fire into Afghanistan for the heck of it? Or pissed off Afghanistan not liking that "disputed" (in its view) border is becoming fortified and so firing into Pakistan to stop this from happening?

Northern Alliance Military are a bunch of delinquents with a drug habit, this is not war, its not even a contest. We are just indulging them like they are a bunch of kids. Kids need to be disciplined and taught whats good for them when they show bad manners. Securing the border is good for them and that's exactly whats going to happen.

The Crack(literally on crack) Northern Alliance Commando Unit, thats going to take Pakistan on, Breathtaking skills on display

Last edited:
Me and inferiority complex? Onion you have no idea about my views, i filter my views on this forum. I do look down upon certain people and communities, and i hold my nation in very high esteem.......remember that
and I thought you said good bye to forum but well you are afghani so i knew you are not man of your words

Northern Alliance Military are a bunch of delinquents with a drug habit, this is not war, its not even a contest. We are just indulging them like they are a bunch of kids. Kids need to be disciplined and taught whats good for them when they show bad manners. Securing the border is good for them and that's exactly whats going to happen.

The Crack(literally on crack) Northern Alliance Commando Unit, thats going to take Pakistan on, Breathtaking skills on display

hahahah

look at the namona who is at the right of the screen :rofl:

infact there is not one but namy namonas , hard to focus on just one :rofl:

LMAO the video is extremely hilarious :d

Do you consider yourself Muslim first putting Hindu dagger on your hand and you keep hitting us from behind in all matters

Same your country saying we are terrorist do any Muslim ask another terrorist

Taking Indian money and your leaders bark that Pak is their enemy where were you at that time

We Muslims took 5 million of your garbage for 30 years we fulfill all responsibility you fulfilled all enemy ship with us

Sorry to say if we not saved your sorry *** from soviets in 70 era your kind never existed today we regret we should have left you for red army to notch a flesh from your bones

Don't bring Islam we do not consider your govt as a islamic republic it's Hindu republic it's agenda to destroy fellow Muslim country for money for that Hindu will put dagger in u after its goals done they give u importance for Pak otherwise u are junk country

Secondly we are building fence what issue u have if u fire bullet u get response in ramzan too who started it u so get it and don't cry
your a joke and your post is I joke I said Muslims during the month of Ramadan shouldn't take pride in killing each other during Ramadan it's haram it's also haram for you to accuse me of being a disbeliever because I say that killing
Muslims is a sin.
You call Pakistan an Islamic Republic it's a Joke like you 1 million Bengalis raped and killed by the pak army in 1971, gen Zia-ul-haq the same rat who allowed Jordan to carpet bomb and massicare Palestinian refugees
I'm not afghan and you can write In proper English, all I said is that it's funny how pak posters take pride in the deaths of fellow Muslims during Ramadan as its a grave sin in Islam when the action should be condemned at the highest

and then?

Mate you are one of the sane voices from the Indian members, My sincere advise to you, please stay away from this thread. Pakistanis are furious with these incidents.

your a joke and your post is I joke I said Muslims during the month of Ramadan shouldn't take pride in killing each other during Ramadan it's haram it's also haram for you to accuse me of being a disbeliever because I say that killing
Muslims is a sin.
You call Pakistan an Islamic Republic it's a Joke like you 1 million Bengalis raped and killed by the pak army in 1971, gen Zia-ul-haq the same rat who allowed Jordan to carpet bomb and massicare Palestinian refugees
I'm not afghan and you can write In proper English, all I said is that it's funny how pak posters take pride in the deaths of fellow Muslims during Ramadan as its a grave sin in Islam when the action should be condemned at the highest

When we need advise from a Kenyan Barbadian from Jamica, we will ask for it, thank you

Mate you are one of the sane voices from the Indian members, My sincere advise to you, please stay away from this thread. Pakistanis are furious with these incidents.

hi,

I have been a proponent of amicable relations between Afghanistan and Pakistan. I am hopeful that Pakistan diplomatically and politically can resolve its issues with Afghanistan. Last thing Pakistan needs is a hostile or a disappointed Afghanistan.

eat Kabli Pulao .
is it good? share the recipe on an appropriate thread....:toast_sign:

Just send in few trucks of weapons to anti North Alliance groups and these ANA thugs will be history. Pakistan don't even have to officially step in.

Ain't nobody got time for appropriate thread.

Kabli pulao cooked by kabli girl, Just for the conquerors. :welcome:

hi,

I have been a proponent of amicable relations between Afghanistan and Pakistan. I am hopeful that Pakistan diplomatically and politically can resolve its issues with Afghanistan. Last thing Pakistan needs is a hostile or a disappointed Afghanistan.

Your taste buds who are used to spicy palaos and biryanis wont like it

Just send in few trucks of weapons to anti North Alliance groups and these ANA thugs will be history. Pakistan don't even have to officially step in.

Ain't nobody got time for appropriate thread.

Kabli pulao cooked by kabli girl, Just for the conquerors. :welcome:
Muafi we dont want Afghanistan

In situations like this, it's natural to see trolls on both sides trying to go on Trump-mode against other side, from using nukes to using air force, occupying land and killing people. It's just people who have no lives and seek what they didn't get in real life on internet. And they exist in every country, with no exception.
What do you do if their govt makes border femcing a political issue?

Uneasy calm prevails at Torkham border
Fresh clashes disrupt brief ceasefire, Families flee, Tit-for-tat summoning of envoys
uneasy-calm-prevails-at-torkham-border-1465857903-7462.jpg

KHYBER AGENCY/ISLAMABAD - The situation remained tense at Torkham border following new clashes between security forces of Pakistan and Afghanistan after a short-lived ceasefire on Monday.

Overnight skirmishes killed at least one person wounded 18 others, forcing around 200 Pakistani families to relocate to safer areas.

At least seven security personnel, including one Frontier Corps (FC) trooper and three Khasadars, and 10 civilians sustained injuries in the clashes over installation of a gate by Pakistani officials.

Both the forces used heavy artillery, targeting each other’s positions. The wounded were shifted to Landi Kotal military and civil hospitals. Those in critical condition were referred to Peshawar. The hospital sources confirmed 10 civilians were injured in the border firing.

A ceasefire was agreed early on Monday but Afghan forces resorted to firing 20 minutes before Iftari which led to retaliation by the Pakistanis.

Local sources said Pak Army repulsed the attack of Afghan forces. Lt-Col Amir, Major Junaid and Iftikhar, a soldier, were injured in the clashes.

Afghan media, quoting Afghan forces, said their one soldier was killed and five others were wounded in cross-border firing. Extra troops equipped with heavy weapons were deployed on the border to tackle the situation, the sources said.
Curfew was imposed in Torkham and Landi Kotal bazaar and people were asked to stay at home while all kind of movement was restricted.

Due to the tension, the residential area of Bacha Mena near the border was evacuated; dozens of families fled and took refuge in Landi Kotal, locals revealed. Zawar Amir, a resident of bordering area, said scores of mortar and artillery shells landed near their houses in Bacha Mena, forcing them to rush to Landi Kotal along with their families.

Parking lots, located in Torkham, were vacated and Afghanistan-bound loaded trailers were sent back to Peshawar, a truck driver, Abdullah, disclosed.

It is worth mentioning that Afghanistan has never accepted Torkham as a formal border. The Afghans are of the view that Afghanistan and the British India had been partitioned by an agreement signed by Amir Abdur Rehman and the British representative, Durand, in 1893.They say the pact expired in 1993, so Torkham is no more a border.

According to ISPR, the Afghan security forces targeted the under-construction gate at Torkham, which is 37 metres inside the Pakistan territory. ISPR said the gate was considered essential to check and verify documentation of all border crossers with special regard to stop terrorists’ movement.

"Pakistan wanted to build new installations and Afghan border forces didn't allow it. Pakistan went further and fired towards Afghan forces,” Afghan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah told a meeting of ministers in Kabul.

Abdullah insists bilateral understandings bind the two countries to seek mutual consent before constructing new installations near the border.

Pakistan also Monday summoned the Afghan Charge d’Affaires in Islamabad to convey its “strong protest” over what it called the unprovoked firing by the Afghan forces.
“The Afghan Charge d’ Affaires was told that the firing incident was contrary to the spirit of friendly relations between Pakistan and Afghanistan,” the foreign ministry said in a statement.

The Afghan side was urged to thoroughly investigate the incident and share the findings with Pakistani authorities.

It was further emphasized that all steps should be taken for avoiding recurrence of such incidents in the future, the ministry added.

“It was conveyed to the Afghan side that the regulation of movements at Torkham is part of government’s policy to strengthen border management, and Afghan government’s cooperation was needed as it would enhance mutual security and help to combat the threat of terrorism,” the statement said.

Afghanistan also summoned the Pakistani ambassador in Kabul to protest the firing incident.
http://nation.com.pk/national/14-Jun-2016/uneasy-calm-prevails-at-torkham-border

Back
Top Bottom