What's new

Finally!!!! India joins the Cryogenic Club-GSLV D5 Successfully launched

That gets into the history of the Cold War and the Space Race. It seems too OT to cover here; you might want to read some books by Willy Ley on it.

Curiously, several U.S. launchers today are a mix of U.S. and Russian technologies. For example, the current Atlas 5 heavy-lift booster uses Russian engines for the lower stage and a U.S.-built hydrogen upper stage.

I know that.But what about offering the same advice to France & China who got into this field much later???

Show me the calculations.

This is the statement of ISRO Chairman so I would consider it to be accurate enough.

The country pays around $85-90 million or around Rs.500 crore as launch fee for sending up a 3.5-tonne communication satellite. The cost of satellite is separate.

He said the cost of GSLV is Rs.220 crore.

@Solomon2 I completely disagree with most of what you have to say. But I apologise on behalf of the Indians who posted racist remarks to you. We're better than that, I like to think so.

1) Not anymore :( Check recent growth rates

1) This has mostly been eradicated in large parts of Indian society. Though it does still exist in some backwards villages I'm afraid.

3) India is not allied with the US.

1) China also

1) India keep most of your tradition , no matter it is good or not . But Chinese drop too much our own tradition during developing , some Chinese live like western people.

3) Yes , India never sign a military treaty with US like NATO, but US like to sell weapons to India , there must be some reasons for that .

Show me the calculations.
I just did a rough of the calculations. The GSLV may be a bit (~3%!) cheaper than the Falcon 9 for launching one satellite to GTO (though it's not at all clear if the GSLV-D5 price of Rs. 220 crore is just marginal cost or figures in development costs) but the Falcon Heavy is cheaper than the GSLV-D5 if two or more 3.5-tonne satellites are launched.

Either way, you're not talking like the Indian officials are boasting, of saving 50-70% of the launch costs.

India has been paying $85-90 million (around Rs 500 crore) as launch fee to foreign space agencies for sending communication satellites weighing up to 3.5 tonnes.
Use SpaceX instead. As for the "payments" to foreign gov't agencies, this is probably still shared by foreign development aid; the first use of NASA spacecraft for India education & development goes back to at least 1975.

1) China also

1) India keep most of your tradition , no matter it is good or not . But Chinese drop too much our own tradition during developing , some Chinese live like western people.

3) Yes , India never sign a military treaty with US like NATO, but US like to sell weapons to India , there must be some reasons for that .

Traditions should evolve and change with time. Kings and Queens etc were the norm a few hundred years ago, people who were born into their roles in life. Nowadays, regardless of whether you live in a democracy or in one-party systems like China, you can only become a leader if you possess the skills and experience. That should apply in all aspects of society. Nobody should be born into their roles in life. That is what the caste system says and that has to stop. Good traditions should continue, bad ones should be stopped.

The only thing I don't like about how Chinese society has evolved; is how Chinese people don't usually wear their traditional clothing for everyday use, atleast in my short stop-over in Hong Kong, I didn't see too much of it. In India, that still happens.

India buys weapons from the US because they fulfill a need of the Indian military. India also buys weapons from Russia, France, etc.

I just did a rough of the calculations. The GSLV may be a bit (~3%!) cheaper than the Falcon 9 for launching one satellite to GTO (though it's not at all clear if the GSLV-D5 price of Rs. 220 crore is just marginal cost or figures in development costs) but the Falcon Heavy is cheaper than the GSLV-D5 if two or more 3.5-tonne satellites are launched.

Either way, you're not talking like the Indian officials are boasting, of saving 50-70% of the launch costs.

Use SpaceX instead. As for the "payments" to foreign gov't agencies, this is probably still shared by foreign development aid; the first use of NASA spacecraft for India education & development goes back to at least 1975.

jiFfM.jpg

Traditions should evolve and change with time. Kings and Queens etc were the norm a few hundred years ago, people who were born into their roles in life. Nowadays, regardless of whether you live in a democracy or in one-party systems like China, you can only become a leader if you possess the skills and experience. That should apply in all aspects of society. Nobody should be born into their roles in life. That is what the caste system says and that has to stop. Good traditions should continue, bad ones should be stopped.

The only thing I don't like about how Chinese society has evolved; is how Chinese people don't usually wear their traditional clothing for everyday use, atleast in my short stop-over in Hong Kong, I didn't see too much of it. In India, that still happens.

India buys weapons from the US because they fulfill a need of the Indian military. India also buys weapons from Russia, France, etc.

About the tradition , agree with you !

About the weapons, China also want to buy US weapon or tech even it is not the best in US, but US will not sell us , that is the key .

You really have to be more suspicious of what gov't officials tell you, especially when they have a personal interest in the matter. "Don't trust until you verify" should be your motto, until you can be sure they've made progress.

How many toilets could India provide its citizens for the cost of one spaceship? India didn't have to splurge to develop this booster; China, Russia, the U.S., France, could all have provided this service. It won't lead to a new industry of space launching; you need a long successful record for that. So why should my charity and tax dollars go to help India's poor, when India's ruling class won't spend the rupees to help the poor themselves?
Should have asked similar questions wwhen your tax dollars went to :
Funding the iraq war
Wall street Bail out
Detroit Bailout
NSA survellence on it's own citizens
the list in unending!

You really have to be more suspicious of what gov't officials tell you, especially when they have a personal interest in the matter. "Don't trust until you verify" should be your motto, until you can be sure they've made progress.

Maybe the cost of gslv d 5 & gsat 14 was paid by your 'aid' too.Now go troll elsewhere.

Should have asked similar questions wwhen your tax dollars went to :
Funding the iraq war
Wall street Bail out
Detroit Bailout
NSA survellence on it's own citizens
the list in unending!
We did and still do.
I'll take your, "I'll throw it back in your face!" attitude as an implicit admission of defeat.
Good night.

How are you not insulting jewish people you are making jokes about a genocide commited against their people.

Well , it's a joke for me , it might not be for him. South Park makes lot of jokes against Jews and people find them funny. What's funny for one isn't necessarily for the other , that's true for every joke. Hey , why not stop insulting Justin Bieber and Kayne West , it might hurt their feelings afterall? And to be honest , even if I did hurt his feelings , he was asking for it.
He's being too presumptuous. He wants us to beg and apologize for our comments to him. Go back and search for one of his comments. He basically said if we are not apologetic , he will go and tell his superiors to do things against Indian interests.
Here's exactly what he said.
"I'll be sure to tell my congressman; he likes Pakistanis a lot more, he won't need much encouragement, especially with the Khobragade affair raising disgust of India in Washington to unprecedented levels."

LOL ,if he's going to come to the Indian defence section and blackmail all Internet Hindus , he'll have to pay for it and he'll definitely have things and insults coming his way from my side. Tell him to stop being so presumptuous and arrogant and perhaps he won't get such insults in the future. What is he? A fuc*in 3rd grade kid? Hey , if you don't stop making fun of me, I'll go tell the teacher , blah blah blah.

Jokes don't make one a racist person. If someone offers me a billion dollars to kill or even maim a Jewish Person and get away with the crime , I wouldn't take a second to decline the offer. However , I will keep using these jokes against jews who try to insult my country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom