What's new

Final clearance eludes Tejas light combat aircraft

Why would you need a lighter fighter jet when you have Sukhoi-30 & 5th Gen Stealth onboard? Moreover, There would be no comparison of 5th gen stealth against 4+ Gen fighter if war occurs.

It's not about choice, it's about availability - target was a cheap point defense fighter which can be made in bulk locally to replace the outgoing planes. DRDO sucks at it and made a complete spoof of it. I doubt there ever will be a satisfactory LCA for the iaf...not to forget the unbelievable billions that has been poured into it.

Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai. Itne saal lag gaye, bus aur thoda kuuch mahino ki baat hai. Jus as our western friends were criticizing us whether we have "Bheja" or not on Mars Programme, the same is gonna happen when our Tejas will get FOC complete with Air to Air refueling and what not (as I am not expert in this one).

Then we shall see the same neighbors calling us names, waste of money by Mr. Haq and so many things!! I am waiting for another nine months, no problem!!

O Bhai, its very unlikely that sanctions would imposed on India. Atleast U.S & Russia would not do that & Israel is one of the biggest ally. You don't buy arms from China. So who is left?

O bhai one of the reasons for the delay in LCA project is the sanctions imposed on India after the 1998 nuclear tests. Stop dreaming that India won't get any sanctions....furthermore...one should always be self reliant.

3-6 months in the long term is not really all that bad especially in this instance where the delay is nothing to to with DRDO....

I don't think this plane would ever get clearance this plane has failed and India needs to stop wasting time on this plane @Horus @Slav Defence @fatman17 @Dazzler and others
Buzz off troll.....

The LCA Mk.1 is delayed but is being developed to meet the IAF's exacting standard and will be many times more capable than the JFT Block 1 delivered to the PAF.

O bhai one of the reasons for the delay in LCA project is the sanctions imposed on India after the 1998 nuclear tests. Stop dreaming that India won't get any sanctions....furthermore...one should always be self reliant.

India has got more support & backing from super powers compare to Pakistan.

As long as LCA doesn't get FOC I would not compare it to JF17 at all. They have a fighter which is operational and ours is not, yet. Regardless of which one has more punch. Let's wait till it gets FOC then we can have some bbq.......:smokin:

As long as LCA doesn't get FOC I would not compare it to JF17 at all. They have a fighter which is operational and ours is not, yet. Regardless of which one has more punch. Let's wait till it gets FOC then we can have some bbq.......:smokin:

I agree with you in this aspect. LCA has not been Inducted yet, JF17 has been operational for many years now. Untill & unless it proves its worth in an actual war scenario, people will doubt its credintial & termed it as joke, a failed project. lets see how future unfolds.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom