What's new

Fifth-gen fighter: India asks Russia to resolve tech-sharing, costing

Instead of trying to develop a whole fighter , we should try and make individual components and make sure that it's world class when it's developed. when we start a venture, due to delays; the technology developed is already outdated.
We should really try to overcome this habit and let's say start only with a new radar which is better than the radars on T-50 and extend this trend for other critical components like engine so that we have technological capability to develop new aircraft at a fast rate.

the type of tech.<s-300/400/,Su-35> you are selling to chinese, even the tech. you are in JV<brahmos> with India<mi-35 to pakistan?) will certainly in future hurt you when chinese will cross you and Indians stop doing business with you.
and what kind of new weapon systems you will add in next few years? s-500? chinese will buy s-400 and reverse engineer almost matching specs of s-500 rest home grown stealth fighters will be fielded by many countries in few years to come.
I dont see russians with lagging economy to match bigger countries in future.
"Armata", "Bumerang", 'Kurganets-25", "Ratnik" (already started to supply), S-500, S-350, Tor-m3, Buk-m3, Pantsir-S2, completely new radar systems (from 5 km to 6000 km), new EW systems, new ICBM's and so on.
And when after 10 years you will buy it and think that will soon overtake us - we will release a new generation of weapons.

A simple tactic is for India to give an alternative threat. NOT the F-35.. but a prospective project with say... Japan for instance.

Wait and see. In the next few years, Russia will begin mass deliveries of weapons of the new generation to the army. And then it turns out that China and India are not as close to the level of Russia, as it seemed in 2010.

India is not a threat to Russia, neither is Russia a threat to India in the foreseeable future. Causes of friction are further reduced since we do not share a common border. Policy differences need not lead to war, because, policies change. China is a different ball game. Today, there is no problem because policies align. I think Russia in the next 5 years will have a good hold over China. Why? Because of energy. It is strategically a brilliant move. I foresee, an economically strong Russia controlling resources for both Europe and China. Playing them against each other. India is a bystander in the game in the East and Central Asia.

You will find an old friend in India, but not a military ally.

A simple tactic is for India to give an alternative threat. NOT the F-35.. but a prospective project with say... Japan for instance.

That's the way to go. Junk this 'indigenous bull shit'. I saw the first image on LCA in a competition in IIT bombay. And that was in 1994. Same white green photo. Still have it.

Sign up with Japan for a joint study on how to develop and partner on the AMCA. No need for 50% work and crap. Sign up for 25% joint work, learn and then progress later in a phased manner over the next 10 years.

The problem, with Indians, is always thinking swimming in the pool and the ocean are the same.

Last edited:
"Armata", "Bumerang", 'Kurganets-25", "Ratnik" (already started to supply), S-500, S-350, Tor-m3, Buk-m3, Pantsir-S2, completely new radar systems (from 5 km to 6000 km), new EW systems, new ICBM's and so on.
And when after 10 years you will buy it and think that will soon overtake us - we will release a new generation of weapons.

its the economy that is key my friend, indians will still be lagging behind because after a decade india russia will be almost have matching investments in defense but chinese with ever increasing military investments will certainly overtake russians in military tech., and whatever they are lacking you russians will sell them axing your own feets in the future.

Interesting read! :-)

China is a monster customer and trade partner to Russia. I think Russians know where to make more money.

Last edited:
its the economy that is key my friend, indians will still be lagging behind because after a decade india russia will be almost have matching investments in defense but chinese with ever increasing military investments will certainly overtake russians in military tech., and whatever they are lacking you russians will sell them axing your own feets in the future.
Russia is likely to remain a world leader in the supply of arms. Buyers will invest money. In the 90's it was India and China, in the future it will be countries of Latin America, Africa and Southeast Asia.
Believe me, there will be money, because Russian weapons - the best in the world in terms price/quality (exept naval weapons).
In 90's Russia's military budget was 10 (!!!) times smaller than now, but that did not stop the development of military industry.

Wrong.

Just look how many Russian made ships and submarines operated around the world. ;-)
My friend, we must accept the fact that we are the land animals, in contrast to the Anglo-Saxons (Americans), or Japanese. Over the past centuries, many times we have had the best army of the world, but never - the best fleet. Maximum - second place.

No need for 50% work and crap. Sign up for 25% joint work,

You are confusing things here, FGFA is for 50% ownership, not 50% workshare, our workshare will only be around the 25% you want but over some years and definitely not from the start, simply because we can't contribute more today. That doesn't change if we choose a different partner! If we join Japan, they still will do the design and most of the radar or engine developments and since it is known that Japanese defence products are expensive, we might find ourselfs at higher costs than with FGFA.

My friend, we must accept the fact that we are the land animals, in contrast to the Anglo-Saxons (Americans), or Japanese.

We've talking about equipment, not about the numbers.

Look how successful project like Kilo Class submarine on external market for example.
A lot of ships in various countries equipment with the Russian made anti-ship missiles\air defence systems\combat information and control systems.

Sorry for offtop, friends :-)

Back
Top Bottom