What's new

Few words about this guy

If you watch all these movies of him, it will feel like nothing has changed in India.

From Boot Polish's portrayal of street children of Bombay to Shehar aur Sapnas depiction as to why there is a migration crisis in India with botched attempts at industrialisation.

It's perpetual state of coming just short of potential that is giving rise to the frustrated fascist modern man in India.

Just my 2 cents
lol, I have no idea at all about these but will have a look at later.

I just like the old and odd Kishore Kumar or Md Rafi tune once in a while

barbadiyon ka shok
manana fizool tha !

:)

This is the saddest thing ever to happen to Pakistan, even greater than the loss of east Pakistan.

I am not talking about Imran Khan, but the lack of democratic process in Pakistan.

Your saying it like india has it better.

Our institutions have been hollowed out by several "populous" either elected or self-selected

I was among many of those people who supported IK during last general elections. It has been over a year that he has been running the country as premier, how do you rate his performance so far. Major achievements and failures so far.

zxLifsgg_400x400.jpg
if nothing else , at least his dedication itself speaks of this man's honesty , i would declare him the last ray of hope amidst the dark times we are facing right now.Though the much awaited economic uplift has not yet prevailed but u cannot expect an overnight shift in ur course of action after getting rid of totalitarian reign of the two dynasties that ruled our country for more almost three decades.

The ignorant one is the "pious leader" who made promises like there's no tomorrow and used Islam completely forgetting that he will be held accountable for them.

Their leaders show them fantasies and make those fantasies seem real requiring one condition, the pious leader to come to power.

Nobody, not a single soul expected him to turn Pakistan into paradise. All we wanted was for him to fulfill his promises. But then the sign of a munafiq is he makes promises then breaks them.

He has to make himself such a munafiq that he didn't even fulfill the simple promise of coming to parliament or keeping a small cabinet.

That's hilarious. Because youthiyas believe Nawaz Sharif single handedly changed the nation. But then pious leader can't change the nation?. Not what IK promised though.

He is and was preached as a Messiah and the only one that could change the nation. In fact, he liked to compare himself to Prophet Muhammad (saww) and say he can reform the corrupt lotas he had taken under his leadership. His words "when the leader is good then people under him become good too because he won't allow them to be corrupt". Now, the leader can't change the people?

Youthiyas should make up their minds and have one bar to judge IK and the previous leaders. Personally i think it takes one leader to destroy or make the whole nation, that's why in Islam, a leader is blamed for everything happening under his leadership. Look at Modi, India was a far better country before him.

Nonsense. IK whined rich people are getting amnesty and it's a corruption. Then like a munafiq, he gave tax amnesty to rich billionaires and start taxing the poor people.

Funnnyy. I wish the pious leader had the piety in opposition to tell us these things.
So once again, you're continuing to prove to me that most people, including you, have no idea what youre talking about.

First off, don't throw the word munafiq around so easily. Either you don't know what it means, or you're questioning other people's faith, when you have no right to.

Second, like I explained before, you want change, convince your people first. He made promises that he tries to keep, but he encountered push back from the very people who voted for him.

You talk about taxes, but he never cut taxes for the rich. He simply started enforcing the current tax code, and people didnt even want that, even though they demanded this from him during election time.

So again, He didn't give any tax enmity to the rich, he tried to bring black money back to Pakistan, and gave a general amnesty there, and it mostly worked. I, myself, was against such a thing, but the results showed it worked to a good degree, and I was wrong on the matter.

You say no one expected him to turn Pakistan into a paradise, you clearly did, considering how upset you are at him for not being able to keep his promises. This is DESPITE the fact that you KNOW Pakistan was on the verge of bankruptcy due to the previous two governments. This is DESPITE the fact that you KNOW Pakistan had to face multiple problems, like Trump coming to power in the US, and now the coronavirus.

Just the first of the three facts, which was happening during election time, should have warned you what would happen.

As for Nawaz Sharif, it's easier to destroy than to create. He spent money on easy vanity projects, instead of vitally needed projects. Instead of investing in education and healthcare, he invested in building non-urgent physical infrastructure. That was his problem.

Imran Khan has, to his credit, increased both education and healthcare spending and investment. You will not be able to see the change with your own eyes, but that's not how such investments work. These are long term investments.

Also, did his government not convict Nawaz Sharif and Mariam Nawaz for corruption? Is his government not going after Asif Ali Zardari? You're complaining he let corrupt people go, but you know that's not true.

You mentioned Modi, but you're wrong on that front as well. Socially, you may have a point, but economically, he's been better for India than the previous Congress Party government was. India's economic growth went from doing 4 to 5%, to growing at 7-8% under modi. @Nilgiri can probably tell you the situation better than I can. Modi has been horrible for the social fabric of India, but he's done a remarkable job on the economic front, creating high economic growth, and implementing vital reforms like a unified tax reform, despite growing unemployment.

Finally, if you've watch the videos, then you should stop your useless ranting. Otherwise, I'll automatically know you probably didn't watch the videos.

Canadian govt. is part of the plandemic. Its in their interest to have Trump lose elections this year like rest of the NATO countries and they will goto any length to do that.
Do you know why Canadian govt. is not telling your people the age group proportion of the covid19 deaths in their country?

The world will soon come to know about this facade.
Delusion

Canadian govt. is part of the plandemic. Its in their interest to have Trump lose elections this year like rest of the NATO countries and they will goto any length to do that.
Do you know why Canadian govt. is not telling your people the age group proportion of the covid19 deaths in their country?

The world will soon come to know about this facade.
Delusion
you are under a delusion that you live in a 'free' country. like expected you didnt reply to the query regarding hiding age group/death proportion .
I'm not going to entertain delusional conspiracy theories.

So once again, you're continuing to prove to me that most people, including you, have no idea what youre talking about.

First off, don't throw the word munafiq around so easily. Either you don't know what it means, or you're questioning other people's faith, when you have no right to.

His faith and his niyat is something only Allah knows. I don't claim to know that unlike his supporters who claim to know about the niyat of Imran Khan. I only judge the outward appearance.

Abu Huraira(RA) reported:

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Among the signs of a hypocrite are three, even if he fasts and prays and claims to be a Muslim: when he speaks he lies, when he gives a promise he breaks it, and when he is trusted he betrays.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 33, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 59

Imran Khan is a pathological liar, he breaks his promises, his word can never be trusted. Imran Khan is like a living perfect example of that hadith and he's actually proud of it.

Second, like I explained before, you want change, convince your people first. He made promises that he tries to keep, but he encountered push back from the very people who voted for him.

This is just nonsense.

You talk about taxes, but he never cut taxes for the rich. He simply started enforcing the current tax code, and people didnt even want that, even though they demanded this from him during election time.

So again, He didn't give any tax enmity to the rich, he tried to bring black money back to Pakistan, and gave a general amnesty there, and it mostly worked. I, myself, was against such a thing, but the results showed it worked to a good degree, and I was wrong on the matter.

https://www.dw.com/en/pakistan-imran-khan-announces-tax-evasion-amnesty-scheme/a-49124741

You say no one expected him to turn Pakistan into a paradise, you clearly did, considering how upset you are at him for not being able to keep his promises.

The only reason i am pissed is i voted for the first time in my life for a guy who promised he's different. And what we received instead was Zardari cabinet mixed in with Musharaff bootlickers. And i really hated Zardari government.

We got catfished real effing hard.

This is DESPITE the fact that you KNOW Pakistan was on the verge of bankruptcy due to the previous two governments. This is DESPITE the fact that you KNOW Pakistan had to face multiple problems, like Trump coming to power in the US, and now the coronavirus.

I don't know man, Pakistan has more loans than it did in 2018 and it's doing fine. It's really confusing this term called bankruptcy. Because i remember even during bankruptcy in 2018, PTI had the money to waste on jhangla bus(IKs terminology). I don't understand how Pakistan can be so close to bankruptcy yet have so much money to spend on nonsense. It feels like politicians bullshit.

How is Trump Pakistan problem? Lol

Coronavirus is imported to Pakistan by Imran Khan. It wouldn't have been a problem if he closed the borders and quarantined people. Oh, unrelated? Related? Pakistan received 1.3 billion dollars (wow) for coronavirus. Could our politicians have created coronavirus crisis in Pakistan to receive that money? No way. Our politicians are angels from sky, they would never, just like they rejected US war on terror and pissed on american dollars because Pakistani blood is precious.

Pathetic. Now the pious leader will blame coronavirus and want a reelection. May Allah have mercy on us.

Just the first of the three facts, which was happening during election time, should have warned you what would happen.

As for Nawaz Sharif, it's easier to destroy than to create. He spent money on easy vanity projects, instead of vitally needed projects. Instead of investing in education and healthcare, he invested in building non-urgent physical infrastructure. That was his problem.

Yes of course, Peshawar BRT was created that evil Nawaz Sharif. KPK needed healthcare and education spending. If only we had IK in power in KPK.

Imran Khan has, to his credit, increased both education and healthcare spending and investment. You will not be able to see the change with your own eyes, but that's not how such investments work. These are long term investments.

I have seen it.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/44...dents-scam-spreads-to-19-of-kp-s-25-districts

What a vision of IK. I didn't even know what ghost schools were and corruption can be done this way until the visionary IK showed us.

Also, did his government not convict Nawaz Sharif and Mariam Nawaz for corruption? Is his government not going after Asif Ali Zardari? You're complaining he let corrupt people go, but you know that's not true.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...anitarian-grounds-says-imran-after-cjps-snub/

LOL.

I always tell expats if Imran Khan is such pious and great leader, why not come back to Pakistan. He's 67 years old, how long will he live before stinking up a grave, hurry up and live under a pious leader for once in a lifetime opportunity. Sadly, they prefer Kafirs government over the pious savior Imran Khan and lecture us on IKs piety. Wonder why is that?

You mentioned Modi, but you're wrong on that front as well. Socially, you may have a point, but economically, he's been better for India than the previous Congress Party government was. India's economic growth went from doing 4 to 5%, to growing at 7-8% under modi. @Nilgiri can probably tell you the situation better than I can. Modi has been horrible for the social fabric of India, but he's done a remarkable job on the economic front, creating high economic growth, and implementing vital reforms like a unified tax reform, despite growing unemployment.

Somewhat. Modi admin inherited somethings and they helped fix those to some degree. They focused on lot of delivery stuff and making the process more efficient in those social programs (increasing coverage while decreasing cost....by doing things like demand side individual support rather than supply side corporate/SOE support).

But in other areas they have been sorely lacking and even awful compared to last admin (sticking purely to economy). Hare-brained "one off" ideas for sake of politicking rather than pure mid term policy that needs followup (and certainly not leaving loopholes from get go like Rs 2000 notes) if you do commit to it if you make a decision (like say demonetisation concurrently with something like the GST reform). I gave them plenty of time to prove their mettle on it, its pretty much run out now...and now we have this corona crisis on top and we are going to be staring at some very difficult decisions quite soon (though I am cautiously optimistic on bold decisions taken there since they should be fairly obvious to the technocrats just like it was the case in the 91 unshackling episode).

This will take a long conversation to really explore, there is always a fog of war that clouds lot of judgement during a tenure too...and most importantly the tenure is not even over yet (so much is still to happen that will influence final "score" on it)

Anyway, the thing that propels India more broadly and deeply (IMO) is the institutional development so that we always have some repository with fair mix of "technocrats" + "bureaucrats" + "political class" + "promoted meritocratic laypeople" that actually have an arena+lab for sound exchange and testing of ideas, prioritising+taking some forward while hedging on rest. Also to always have something we can criticize both the ruling admin and the opposition and hold their feet to fire. God knows they both have too much power "for free" already. Political Power works very much like cartels/oligarchs/monopolies intrinsically...India did somewhat a better job than region on the broad contours of its set up here so there is some genuine+sustained competition here for benefit of the larger population.

To me it is these institutions that are kind of the "written record" that get past all filters shape the destiny of a country long term. To get maximum amount into that record, you need as far as possible a democratic system (operating with experience, wisdom and tact past the political noise of the day) within the solid republic enshrined in constitution. This is what gives every elected body+executive a larger "consistent" base to operate from long term regardless of their politicking against each other to differentiate and vie for control/influence in various social and national narratives.

Pakistan to me has been lacking in that (higher* order institutionalism) for various reasons thats subject of much longer conversation.

This also means I dont give any huge exceptional credit to IK (and I am simply not in much position/knowledge to do so to begin with for Pak politics + economics past a curious observer), but also do not criticize him that much either. He is doing what he can with the system's contours I feel (from what I have seen).

Most of the deeper analysis can only be done after his tenure anyway for him as individual leader and/or his broader political movement too (just like everywhere else). But it will take simple passage of time and sage experience with uninterrupted democracy for Pakistan to start really cultivating the large institutional structures for the long term...that will provide the larger inertial+directional thrust without being subject as intensely to the current swirls and "rinse and repeat" cycles the larger world situation simply can dictate and impose on it "as is".

* as contrasted with some exceptional+concise lower order institutions like the Edhi group.

@Socra @Jungibaaz @Chak Bamu @jaibi @WAJsal @Joe Shearer @AgNoStiC MuSliM @WebMaster

Somewhat. Modi admin inherited somethings and they helped fix those to some degree. They focused on lot of delivery stuff and making the process more efficient in those social programs (increasing coverage while decreasing cost....by doing things like demand side individual support rather than supply side corporate/SOE support).

But in other areas they have been sorely lacking and even awful compared to last admin (sticking purely to economy). Hare-brained "one off" ideas for sake of politicking rather than pure mid term policy that needs followup (and certainly not leaving loopholes from get go like Rs 2000 notes) if you do commit to it if you make a decision (like say demonetisation concurrently with something like the GST reform). I gave them plenty of time to prove their mettle on it, its pretty much run out now...and now we have this corona crisis on top and we are going to be staring at some very difficult decisions quite soon (though I am cautiously optimistic on bold decisions taken there since they should be fairly obvious to the technocrats just like it was the case in the 91 unshackling episode).

This will take a long conversation to really explore, there is always a fog of war that clouds lot of judgement during a tenure too...and most importantly the tenure is not even over yet (so much is still to happen that will influence final "score" on it)

Anyway, the thing that propels India more broadly and deeply (IMO) is the institutional development so that we always have some repository with fair mix of "technocrats" + "bureaucrats" + "political class" + "promoted meritocratic laypeople" that actually have an arena+lab for sound exchange and testing of ideas, prioritising+taking some forward while hedging on rest. Also to always have something we can criticize both the ruling admin and the opposition and hold their feet to fire. God knows they both have too much power "for free" already. Political Power works very much like cartels/oligarchs/monopolies intrinsically...India did somewhat a better job than region on the broad contours of its set up here so there is some genuine+sustained competition here for benefit of the larger population.

To me it is these institutions that are kind of the "written record" that get past all filters shape the destiny of a country long term. To get maximum amount into that record, you need as far as possible a democratic system (operating with experience, wisdom and tact past the political noise of the day) within the solid republic enshrined in constitution. This is what gives every elected body+executive a larger "consistent" base to operate from long term regardless of their politicking against each other to differentiate and vie for control/influence in various social and national narratives.

Pakistan to me has been lacking in that (higher* order institutionalism) for various reasons thats subject of much longer conversation.

This also means I dont give any huge exceptional credit to IK (and I am simply not in much position/knowledge to do so to begin with for Pak politics + economics past a curious observer), but also do not criticize him that much either. He is doing what he can with the system's contours I feel (from what I have seen).

Most of the deeper analysis can only be done after his tenure anyway for him as individual leader and/or his broader political movement too (just like everywhere else). But it will take simple passage of time and sage experience with uninterrupted democracy for Pakistan to start really cultivating the large institutional structures for the long term...that will provide the larger inertial+directional thrust without being subject as intensely to the current swirls and "rinse and repeat" cycles the larger world situation simply can dictate and impose on it "as is".

* as contrasted with some exceptional+concise lower order institutions like the Edhi group.

@Socra @Jungibaaz @Chak Bamu @jaibi @WAJsal @Joe Shearer @AgNoStiC MuSliM @WebMaster

You know my views on the Sanghis and their erratic, drunk_at_the_wheel methods of administration, and I'm sure you don't want to hear any more. You should remember that this government has been toxic for the atmosphere in which institutions function; that, more than the rapid degradation of the social fabric, is the worst part of the Modi government.

I'm not sure why @That Guy wrote what he did. That was the last quarter I had expected to find defending Modi's economic voodoo rites. Perhaps when he is less irritated by Pakistani posts about Imran Khan, he will reconsider.

Umeed par duniya qayam hai.

His faith and his niyat is something only Allah knows. I don't claim to know that unlike his supporters who claim to know about the niyat of Imran Khan. I only judge the outward appearance.

Abu Huraira(RA) reported:

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Among the signs of a hypocrite are three, even if he fasts and prays and claims to be a Muslim: when he speaks he lies, when he gives a promise he breaks it, and when he is trusted he betrays.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 33, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 59

Imran Khan is a pathological liar, he breaks his promises, his word can never be trusted. Imran Khan is like a living perfect example of that hadith and he's actually proud of it.
You have to prove he actively lied, and that includes intent.

Making a promise, and trying to keep it, but failing, is not the same as making a promise and breaking it.

This is just nonsense.
This is the truth, whether you like it or not.

Tax evasion amnesty is not the same as tax cuts for the rich. Nor was this specifically meant for rich people alone. In fact, a lot of the black money outside of people is held by the upper middle class, not the rich.

You're purposefully misleading people here.

The only reason i am pissed is i voted for the first time in my life for a guy who promised he's different. And what we received instead was Zardari cabinet mixed in with Musharaff bootlickers. And i really hated Zardari government.

We got catfished real effing hard.

You have no idea how politics works, that much is clear.

I don't know man, Pakistan has more loans than it did in 2018 and it's doing fine. It's really confusing this term called bankruptcy. Because i remember even during bankruptcy in 2018, PTI had the money to waste on jhangla bus(IKs terminology). I don't understand how Pakistan can be so close to bankruptcy yet have so much money to spend on nonsense. It feels like politicians bullshit.
Pakistan was never bankrupt, just close to it.

If you're talking about the meteor bus service, that was started by the previous gov. If you're talking about the project in KPK, that's a good question, and should be investigated.

How is Trump Pakistan problem? Lol
If you don't remember, as soon as Trumo came to power, he cut off financial assistance to Pakistan, and placed undeclared sanctions. It got so bad to the point that it looked lie Pakistan would not be able to get an emergency bailout.

Coronavirus is imported to Pakistan by Imran Khan. It wouldn't have been a problem if he closed the borders and quarantined people.
He DID close the borders, but it was morons who kept putting pressure on him to reopen them.

Lest we forget, morons started saying India is bringing people back, and were criticizing Pakistan for not doing so as well.

As well, people are refusing to stay at home, and continue to congregate in large numbers, despite government orders. Don't blame IK for that.

Oh, unrelated? Related? Pakistan received 1.3 billion dollars (wow) for coronavirus. Could our politicians have created coronavirus crisis in Pakistan to receive that money? No way. Our politicians are angels from sky, they would never, just like they rejected US war on terror and pissed on american dollars because Pakistani blood is precious.

You're quite literally moving the goal post, and engaging in conspiracy theory crafting. Have some self respect.

Pathetic. Now the pious leader will blame coronavirus and want a reelection. May Allah have mercy on us.
And why would he be wrong? The coronavirus has put even rich countries on the verge of economic catastrophe. What makes you think that Pakistan would be immune?

Yes of course, Peshawar BRT was created that evil Nawaz Sharif. KPK needed healthcare and education spending. If only we had IK in power in KPK.
The project was a failure, and IK should answer for that, but unlike NS, who ONLY invested in vanity projects, you CANNOT deny that KPK saw massive improved education and healthcare situation during PTI's first tenure.

What's pathetic is that you're clearly using strawman arguments, and dismissing my very legitimate points, by engaging in whataboutism.

I have seen it.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/44...dents-scam-spreads-to-19-of-kp-s-25-districts

What a vision of IK. I didn't even know what ghost schools were and corruption can be done this way until the visionary IK showed us.
First off, those are small in number, if you actually bothered to read the article itself, which you clearly didn't.

Second, it even says in the article that NAB KP is investigating the situation. If IK was as corrupt as you claim, why would he allow the NAB to investigate this?

Oh shut up.

Everyone, even on PDF were saying that he should be allowed to go and get checked.

This also still doesn't change the fact that he was tried and convicted of corruption.

You can pretend all you want to, that still won't change facts.

I always tell expats if Imran Khan is such pious and great leader, why not come back to Pakistan.
I always tell morons like this, why should I? You engaging in logical fallacies won't change anything.

He's 67 years old, how long will he live before stinking up a grave, hurry up and live under a pious leader for once in a lifetime opportunity. Sadly, they prefer Kafirs government over the pious savior Imran Khan and lecture us on IKs piety. Wonder why is that?
From engaging in shoddy logical fallacies, to making outright misleading comments, to outright lies, you've done nothing more than prove just how little you actually know.

Doing a quick google search, and not even reading your own sources.

Dismissing my arguments without addressing them.

Engaging in what aboutisms.

Your entire argument boils down to your feelings got hurt, because you expected him to fix Pakistan within a day.

Welcome to real life, where things aren't sunshine and rainbows. Where people have to look at the world realistically, instead of engaging in pointless idealism.

You've proven beyond a reasonable doubt that you're an unreasonable person.

Back
Top Bottom