What's new

Federal Minister stands up for women against regressive, anti-Islam practices

Fawad Chaudhary is going to put this Government in serious trouble. He clearly lacks knowledge of Islam on top of that he keeps suggesting things which are direct violation of orders of Islam. He is trouble in the making. In fact a disaster in the making.

U promote Fawads right to free speech while u forcefully changed the thread title here to suit ur own narrative directly suppressing free speech on this forum, what kind of a hypocrite are u?
Thread titles, like yours, promoting regressive, misogynistic lies will not be allowed.
He didn't "express his opinion" about destruction of Karachi at hands of Pee Pee Pee. There are many things that are far more important than this where university has definitely done the right thing
Sorry, but not expressing an opinion about something YOU want him to is not justification for criticizing him for expressing an opinion on some other issue he finds important.

It's his choice - he can speak on whatever issue he finds relevant. He's not yours or anybody else's slave to only speak on what you think is important. I find his comments on this issues relevant and important and more high level government officials should take the same position he has.

He said marriage is ones own will, to this argument i agree, AS I SAID ABOVE.
In the final lines he says that the uni needs to reconsider its decision, to wich i dont agree.
Let me explain you in simple words:
I guess the girl proposed the boy, so she could have chosen another location, why you want it in pubblic, especially inside a educational institute, give me a good reason. Not "mera jism, meri marzi"bs.
Secondly these type of acts are against uni rules. Before you say, uni rules are backward and stuck in '50, you should know that in most unis around the world ( your beloved Usa, eu including) these types of act are not tollerated, further more when uni admin tried to summon them, they decided not to come and defend their "rights". So this is why uni admin decided to expell them.
So to summirize i would say that the couple is nothing more than a attention seekers. I really hope they get married and live a long and healthy life, but i do not agree with thier cheap bollywood stunts, and it seems that you are triggered, not me.
If you have any valid and toughtfull argument please let me know and i will be more than happy to discuss.
I will address your comments later when I have time, but let me say that even if I disagree, I appreciate how you responded to the topic in a civil and rational manner and made your point respectfully.

I hope everyone else commenting on this thread and others follows suit.

English translation:

Marriage of one's own free will is the basic right of every girl. Islam gives rights to women. Marriage of choice is central to these rights. University administration should reconsider its decision

See our beloved science & technology (who has actually done his intermediate in Commerce) is maligning the image of our country.

So basically he has alleged 4 things:

1. Pakistani girls/women are not married of their own free will and thus every marriage is a forced marriage.

2. People of Pakistan consider women their property.

3. University expelled those students because of proposal and not because of PDA and the accompanying reluctance of both students to show after disciplinary committee.

4. The said act was unacceptable because a girl proposed a guy otherwise it would have been okay. While in reality if a guy proposed a girl even in more respectable way he would be called a creep, pervert and what not by these rented feminazis.

@Iltutmish @Enigma SIG @Imran Khan @AUz @Areesh @arjunk

Please note this thread is not for the discussion of whether the university did right or wrong (for that we have another thread) but only to discuss whether this is an acceptable behavior from a federal minister.
first thing first. you have translated correctly and fairly what he said. and I commend you for that,
his statement is qualified in a worse case. but he is not endorsing what the boy and girl did. but actually requesting that the university must reconsider its actions.

you have formed an opinion and given your thought which is your right and please allow others to have a difference of opinion and or slight deviation.

let me share my thoughts just for the sake of it because it seems to have riled up the emotions of my fellow posters on this forum mainly dedicated to our defense forces , strategies and modern weapons technology.

for record I must say that in view of our social norms the pair should've shown better judgement and refrained from overt display of affection.
and if the pair failed to appear before the disciplinary committee (as claimed) to clarify or request apology then it was also a mistake on the part of the 2 students.

that one side, I must say that the University must not punish the pair by devastating their future career and denying their right of education. the punishment must match the violation.

Mr Fawad is a very shrewd person. there is Nothing wrong what he has said. he has kept the statement subjective and wide. he is supporting the right of free will but he has not endorsed the method. people can interpret it in different ways.

I dare say that we Pakistanis, Do consider women as our property and we do consider the,m as lesser than us and as an object. there is no denying that. examples are plenty.

ok in the end its fair that I must suggest a solution or alternative to what the university has done.
I would've suspended them for a small fixed period of time. And then forced them to individually be counseled or attend a course on proper Islamic Behavior in Modern progressive Islamic Pakistan in view of social norms. made them attend a course and submit what they had learnt. Its a University after all its not a concentration camp or a Taliban era Kabul Football stadium where the judgement and punishments were swift and fatal.

Pakistan needs to revive its Islamic identity and culture and stop bootlicking each and every foreigner and his culture. Be it British, Chinese or what not. The university has a set of rules, why is a federal minister riding on the libtard wave? It’s not his business to comment on two random people and their desire to publicly share „love“.
For this Pakistan needs to get rid of Riba and enact a great 'firewall' of Pakistan.

Sorry, but not expressing an opinion about something YOU want him to is not justification for criticizing him for expressing an opinion on some other issue he finds important.

It's his choice - he can speak on whatever issue he finds relevant. He's not yours or anybody else's slave to only speak on what you think is important. I find his comments on this issues relevant and important and more high level government officials should take the same position he has.

His choice to speak is only limited to matters where Islam or religion is mentioned even remotely. Shows the bigot inside him

Also he was trying to be disingenuous by insinuating that university expelled the couple because they wanted to marry by their own will which is totally not correct

They were expelled for breaking university rules and for public show of indecency not for marrying for their own will

also Mr Minister tried to use Islam even though Islam clearly opposes what the couple did

Stop defending something that can't be defended
Mr Fawad is a very shrewd person. there is Nothing wrong what he has said. he has kept the statement subjective and wide. he is supporting the right of free will but he has not endorsed the method. people can interpret it in different ways.

He is a disingenuous b@stard. A bigot liberal

He is trying to show that university expelled the couple for trying to marry as per their will which obviously is a law

University expelled them for public show of intimacy and indecency

There is a huge difference between the both

His choice to speak is only limited to matters where Islam or religion is mentioned even remotely. Shows the bigot inside him
There is no bigot inside him, he was not rude, he was not disrespectful in his tweet. He made a very rational and civil point.

Now, you can either have the kind of rhetoric that you hear in the Aurat March, or you need to allow space to people in the middle to make arguments in a civil and rational way, like Fawad Chaurdhry.

What YOU and others that think like you want to do is shut down EVERY possible alternate point of view, and that is simply not acceptable.

I agree with all the criticism of the Aurat March and that their rhetoric is disrespectful and inflammatory, but the kind of opposition I see to Fawad Chaudhry's comments is basically the other side of the extremist Aurat March Rhetoric - you guys are no better than them.

There is no bigot inside him, he was not rude, he was not disrespectful in his tweet. He made a very rational and civil point.

Now, you can either have the kind of rhetoric that you hear in the Aurat March, or you need to allow space to people in the middle to make arguments in a civil and rational way, like Fawad Chaurdhry.

What YOU and others that think like you want to do is shut down EVERY possible alternate point of view, and that is simply not acceptable.

I agree with all the criticism of the Aurat March and that their rhetoric is disrespectful and inflammatory, but the kind of opposition I see to Fawad Chaudhry's comments is basically the other side of the extremist Aurat March Rhetoric - you guys are no better than them.

Fawad Chaudhry no different than the ones in Aurat March. The only difference is he sits in the federal cabinet

Fawad Chaudhry is being dishonest here and that is exactly what we pointed out here

Fawad Chaudhry no different than the ones in Aurat March. The only difference is he sits in the federal cabinet

Fawad Chaudhry is being dishonest here and that is exactly what we pointed out here
How is Fawad Chaudhry the same as Aurat March?

Did he attack all men?

Did he attack Islam?

Did he go around calling for the right to do vulgar things?

Did he attack the State and its institutions and support secessionists?

There is absolutely NOTHING in his tweet that you can call disrespectful or promoting vulgarity or against Islam. He asked the university to reconsider its decision, and he is absolutely correct in doing that. I believe the university overreacted, as are many people (overreacting) here.

Fawad Chaudhry was absolutely correct in what he said, and had every right to say what he said, and he said it in a respectful manner. The people opposing him are the opposite side of the same coin as Aurat March - extremist bigots from the conservative side instead of the liberal side.

We need more people like Fawad Chaudhry to take the middle ground in Pakistani discourse. Enough of the extremists from both sides.

How is Fawad Chaudhry the same as Aurat March?

Did he attack all men?

Did he attack Islam?

Did he go around calling for the right to do vulgar things?

Did he attack the State and its institutions and support secessionists?

There is absolutely NOTHING in his tweet that you can call disrespectful or promoting vulgarity or against Islam. He asked the university to reconsider its decision, and he is absolutely correct in doing that. I believe the university overreacted, as are many people (overreacting) here.

Fawad Chaudhry was absolutely correct in what he said, and had every right to say what he said, and he said it in a respectful manner. The people opposing him are the opposite side of the same coin as Aurat March - extremist bigots from the conservative side instead of the liberal side.

We need more people like Fawad Chaudhry to take the middle ground in Pakistani discourse. Enough of the extremists from both sides.

He was being dishonest and lied. And you support him

How is that "middle ground"? How is being dishonest "middle ground"? What is with liberals being liars?

no he did not
check again
he forgot this " لڑکیوں کو پراپرٹی سمجھنا اسلام کے خلاف ہے "
Sorry my bad. Couldn't pay enough attention while using Google translate. Thanks for pointing it though.

He was being dishonest and lied. And you support him

How is that "middle ground"? How is being dishonest "middle ground"? What is with liberals being liars?
What part of his tweet is dishonest and a lie? Please explain in detail while quoting every part of his tweet.

1615916281263.png

What part of his tweet is dishonest and a lie? Please explain in detail while quoting every part of his tweet.

View attachment 725202

University administration never expelled the girl or that boy for "marzi ki shadi"

They expelled them for indecency in public

Mr Minister is trying to show that couple was expelled for "marzi ki shadi" which is a lie

first thing first. you have translated correctly and fairly what he said. and I commend you for that
Thanks for that

let me share my thoughts just for the sake of it because it seems to have riled up the emotions of my fellow posters on this forum mainly dedicated to our defense forces , strategies and modern weapons technology.
Although this a defence forum by definition but practically it as much a socio-political forum as well.

for record I must say that in view of our social norms the pair should've shown better judgement and refrained from overt display of affection.
and if the pair failed to appear before the disciplinary committee (as claimed) to clarify or request apology then it was also a mistake on the part of the 2 students.
Every sane person is thinking/saying like you but don't know why some people are twisting it and I'm sure you will also be offended if people call you backwards, regressive, misogynist, incel and what not over this post of yours.

Apart from that I specifically created this thread not for the discussion of uni's decision for which we have another thread, but only to discuss how Fawad twisted the facts and what he implied; see below...

Of course there is nothing wrong with what he said, but there is everything wrong with what he implied. This..
Also he was trying to be disingenuous by insinuating that university expelled the couple because they wanted to marry by their own will which is totally not correct

I dare say that we Pakistanis, Do consider women as our property and we do consider the,m as lesser than us and as an object. there is no denying that. examples are plenty.
Did I deny that?

Let me tell you a short story: 4 friends (Humaira, Kashif, Warda and Adnan) were sipping tea on a Chai Dhaba in Karachi discussing economic situation in Pakistan, meanwhile Humaira started discussion on corruption...

Humaira: Yaar Pakistan me corruption aur rishwat khori boht barh chuki hai is se maishat aur idaray kamzor ho rahay hain. Hukoomat ko is baare me kuch karna chahiye.

Kashif: Behen tou ab ye berozgaari bhi dekho, banda kare tou kia kare, apne biwi bachon ka pait kese bhare? Islam ne kamane se mana nhi kia

Warda: Han bhai Kashif sahi keh raha hai aur wese bhi jb rishwat lene aur dene wala dono khush hen tou kisi teesre bande ko kia farq parta hai

Adnan: Arre bhaiyon kuch hosh k nakhun lo Islam hame halal rizq kamaane ki ijazat deta hai haram ki nhi. aur jb tk nobat zindagi/mout ki na jaye tb tk haram ki ijazat nhi. aur jahan tk baat hai raazi khushi ki tou us se society jo ahista tabah ho rahi hai wo bhi dekho.

Kashif: Yar tum kia baat le kar beth gaye. Pakistan me aur bare masail jese k dehshatgardi, katal, zyadti, aur zulm khatam ho gaye hn jo tum log corruption le kar beth gaye ho.

Now think about why I made the above story and what its analogy to topic under discussion.

Back
Top Bottom