What's new

Fear of PAF Brings Out SU-30 Decoys

First posted here:

IAF's decoy for Su-30 observed at Sirsa AFS in 19/10/2018 GE imagery. Likely that IAF has produced hundreds of such kind of decoys of all combat aircrafts for diversion, in case of aerial attacks against its airbases. This is nothing new or unprecedented, its just an observation.

decoy-png.550760

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indian-air-force-news-discussions.30328/page-272#post-11333788

I know but one Pakistani member above said Pakistan used the F-86 sabre decoys, IAF bombed them and real sabres took off and fought. My question is if the runway is damaged because of a hit on the decoy, how will the real fighters take off?
Emergency repairs and most bases have roads near by to act as emergency runways.

Done pretty frequently with a tgp by most air forces in the world.. if you actually had knowledge of it.

Haha. Real world versus your reel world.

If decoys were useless, then nobody would be making them. But then you wouldn't know the first thing about decoys.

Dude, you are too childish for me to deal with. Just continue speaking with your own people and spare me the headache.

Haha. Real world versus your reel world.

If decoys were useless, then nobody would be making them. But then you wouldn't know the first thing about decoys.

Dude, you are too childish for me to deal with. Just continue speaking with your own people and spare me the headache.
Aww.. are you going to cry??

This is reportedly IAF Station Sirsa in the Indian state of Haryana, bordering Punjab and Rajasthan, where earlier during heightened hostilities with Pakistan, the IAF deployed decoys of it's front line combat aircraft the SU-30MKI to draw any PAF attacks.

View attachment 560659

Might not be a decoy.
Could be a trick to show 1+n number of Su-30's , claiming none was lost in dogfight with PAF

This is reportedly IAF Station Sirsa in the Indian state of Haryana, bordering Punjab and Rajasthan, where earlier during heightened hostilities with Pakistan, the IAF deployed decoys of it's front line combat aircraft the SU-30MKI to draw any PAF attacks.

View attachment 560659

what makes you think the decoy is to draw a Pakistani attack ?
My guess is it is to fool enemy reconnaissance satellites

Topic of thread seems too sensational otherwise this is a normal tactics any Airforce would adopt.

Come to think of it,Is this really the best time for them to bring out these decoys?
Doing so only indicates that PAF did really hit a SU-30 on Feb 27.

So enemy reconnaissance satellites pick up and photograph an SU-30 decoy on an SU-30 base......what achievement is in that.

Back
Top Bottom