What's new

FC recovers bomb making literature, maps of targets, from college in Balochistan

We are already losing it. What the FC is doing in Balochistan is not much different from what was done in Bangladesh.
Still we are not accepting the threats , That what happens when you are badly scared.

Question is. Why is such literature thriving? Why is it not being rejected by the populous themselves. Nagaland lives in India because there is support for it.. so does the Maoism movement and Kashmir . Why should we bury our heads in the sand just as many across the border do and realize that there is truly a problem.

The entire population of Baluchistan is less than my beloved Lahore & mind you only 50-60% of them are Baluch & only a fraction of them are involved in this so Baluchistan isn't going anywhere !

However tis true one must address all the issues that are leading even a fraction of those elements to support Separatism because we are guilty of not economically & socially developing those areas - On that count the aggrieved party is absolutely correct !

I hope that with more devolution of powers in a Federal Setup with the 18th Amendment being a good start these issues would start solving themselves gradually but I also hope, against hope, that the Lion with the Shinny Tind grows a conscience & some neurons to deliver on the promises that Quaid-e-Azam gave to the Baluch Nation when he took Baluchistan as the Governor's Province to accelerate economic development & social upliftment of Baluchistan on a priority basis !

But like always aisaa lagtaa haii jaisee hum neiii qasam khaii hoiii haiii keh jubbb, jitnaaa bhii mulk buuuch giyaa haiii, yeh tooot nahin jaiii ga, tub tuk hamein aaram nahin aiii gaa !

The entire population of Baluchistan is less than my beloved Lahore & mind you only 50-60% of them are Baluch & only a fraction of them are involved in this so Baluchistan isn't going anywhere !

However tis true one must address all the issues that are leading even a fraction of those elements to support Separatism because we are guilty of not economically & socially developing those areas - On that count the aggrieved party is absolutely correct !

I hope that with more devolution of powers in a Federal Setup with the 18th Amendment being a good start these issues would start solving themselves gradually but I also hope, against hope, that the Lion with the Shinny Tind grows a conscience & some neurons to deliver on the promises that Quaid-e-Azam gave to the Baluch Nation when he took Baluchistan as the Governor's Province to accelerate economic development & social upliftment of Baluchistan on a priority basis !

But like always aisaa lagtaa haii jaisee hum neiii qasam khaii hoiii haiii keh jubbb, jitnaaa bhii mulk buuuch giyaa haiii, yeh tooot nahin jaiii ga, tub tuk hamein aaram nahin aiii gaa !

Regardless, its not like the rest of the country wants to stay along either. We are a fragmented nation along lines that trangress both ethnic and sectarian borders. Its a mess brought in by a dictator some 30 years ago.. but today has led to the fact that the only endgame that ends up better for the confused nations that abide in this state is perhaps further devolution into a loose federation with options to leave the union if demanded. At least that way they'll have nothing left to squabble over and might get some sense back into them. Future generations deserve better than inheriting this cyclic degrading mess that we live through.

Regardless, its not like the rest of the country wants to stay along either. We are a fragmented nation along lines that trangress both ethnic and sectarian borders. Its a mess brought in by a dictator some 30 years ago.. but today has led to the fact that the only endgame that ends up better for the confused nations that abide in this state is perhaps further devolution into a loose federation with options to leave the union if demanded. At least that way they'll have nothing left to squabble over and might get some sense back into them. Future generations deserve better than inheriting this cyclic degrading mess that we live through.

Don't worry....nothing will happen !

This happens in each country like here in UK England has more dominance economically and politically.

I think including sindh and other less represented states in politics and economics might ease the issues.
yup yet all the resources come from Scotland....

Sindhi Zardari was in politics for 5yrs...all he did was fill his pockets and ran away...hope he dies of diabetes!

i read a book a little ago- " pakistan eye of storm.It gave a fantastic history of pakistan's ethnic conflict, resulting from an actual or percived domination of pakistan's policies.This was most felt in the shape of army wheree most of the officers were punjabi,and any policy in pakistan is heavily tilted by pakistan army.Disregarding the rights of Muhajir also gave rise to MQM...whose initial domination led to surge of sindhi movement.The balauch struggle fulled up in bhutto time but was quelled voilently by an armed action, it has since died down.

Thats exactly what I am worried about!

I'm not; we've got too much vested with each other to break apart !

Take Baluchistan for example - More Baluch live in Sindh & Punjab combined than they do in Baluchistan; as do most ethnicties living in each other's ancestral homelands !

Then there are those trans-ethnic identities either in the form of (i) inter-marriages & they are aplenty or (ii) those ethnic groups that are in a sense between two ethnicities in their existence like the Hazaras (Abbotabad waleiii) who have both Pukhtoon & Punjabi sides to their identities along with some unique attributes to them as well - These two are the glue that fills those caveats between our different ethnic groups !

Plus we've had centuries of interaction with each other in that we are neither strangers to each other nor are we disunited by anything more than politicking & its a heartening to see when non-Punjabis travel to Punjab & they realize most of the stories were sh*t & when Punjabis travel to Sindh, Baluchistan, KPK & our other federating units that there is more to Pakistan than Punjab & that, being the largest & most populous & most prosperous province, we owe a fiduciary duty to others to contribute more !

And lastly despite all the ills that use & misuse of Islam has brought to our Nation a sense of Pan-Islamism still permeates the country & there are enough of those who, when asked nicely & empathized with, do really leave the parochial divisions of ethnicities & provinces !

None of that has any parallel with Bangladesh !

a heartening to see when non-Punjabis travel to Punjab & they realize most of the stories were sh*t
When they are not is when you get my perspective. What reasons do they live in those lands? Do live out of Choice or for their daily bread and butter. Being in Pakistan that should not matter. Because within the individual interactions and social niceties these national divides mean little. However, it takes little to inspire widespread hatred...
for e.g. the Term Karachite.. has very sinister roots. Since the 60s.. this term was used by those of Northern decent in the Bureaucracy and relative elite as Karachihates. That is the level of putrid hate that circulates below the skin in the system. And it will rise given the right prod and that prod is not as sharp as you think it would need to be. Quite simply, the problem lies with the evolved feudal mindset(as much as we like to dismiss that it went away.. it just permeated and dispersed and evolved). That mentality is simple "I am greater than you". If I am greater than you, I must have and you must not, I must dictate and you must listen.. and Ill take as much as I wish and you will not raise your voice. The Bengalis saw this coming, and they packed up and left. Those that do not have their own piece of pie..will ensure they take their piece of the pie and then pack up and leave in it.

50-60% of Baloch matter less when they can convince the rest of them to go with KP and make a new place. You are right about the fact that till this country is in pieces.. people will not rest. But if that is exactly what they want..why deny them that right?

Some people say that Liaqat Ali Khan.. not entirely the saint but closer than most to that stature... was disliked by this feudal cabal for his wish to ensure the settlement of the East Punjab and other Migrating refugees from India on an equal level as the rest. This did not go down well with the "sons of the soil".. and to top it off, he wished to have the feudal system abolished as it was in India.
God knows what truth is in it, but it seems the grave for Pakistan was dug much longer ago than us.
As I said before, My Pakistan is my 1000 sq yard of land here.. and that is that. Thats my territory, my land to defend.. the rest of it can go to hell..That is what lies in the depth of my instinct.. That is the attitude prevailing in the street despite whatever rhetoric we wish to hold here.

Yes, resentment among Mujahirs, not happy with Punjab domination and fight for Karachi( Sindhis want all of Karachi for themselves)
You don't know what your talking about lol stop looking like a fool.
In Sindh we have Pakistanis whose ancestors migrated to Pakistan and we also have regular native Sindhis. Sindhu desh is for Sindhis only a handful of people are even part of that group. The non sindhi people living in Sindh have no interest in sindhudesh.

We are already losing it. What the FC is doing in Balochistan is not much different from what was done in Bangladesh.

Who will fight the well armed separatist then, to maintain a superficial peace ? The Police or the Politicians?

You don't know what your talking about lol stop looking like a fool.
In Sindh we have Pakistanis whose ancestors migrated to Pakistan and we also have regular native Sindhis. Sindhu desh is for Sindhis only a handful of people are even part of that group. The non sindhi people living in Sindh have no interest in sindhudesh.

Read my previous posts...didn't I say it was not a serious movement?

As for Indian interest the victimization card of sindhi would not work as Sindhis are not enough powerful to hold the Urban part of sindh, Only Kota system keeping them alive otherwise they would have been finished long ago. Seriously , It was punjab who helped sindhis to maintain their strength in remaining part of Urban sindh because ethnic groups of just karachi craving for more land. Sooner or later these gangs will travel in sindh to expand their region .

It seems you misinterpreted my comment nowhere I mentioned any victimization. Yes they aren't powerful in Urban part of Sindh because almost all Sindhis in Pakistan live in villages. That's the matter of expectations, they thought the Muslim homeland of Pakistan would give Sindhi Muslims instant dominance over highly educated and business minded Sindhi Hindus but the expectation failed because Sindhi Muslims weren't educated enough.

Question is. Why is such literature thriving? Why is it not being rejected by the populous themselves. Nagaland lives in India because there is support for it.. so does the Maoism movement and Kashmir . Why should we bury our heads in the sand just as many across the border do and realize that there is truly a problem.

There is no question that Indians. unlike Pakistanis, are burying our heads in sand when it comes to Nagaland or Maoists or Kashmir. Maoism in India is not a freedom movement, but a social movement. So it requires different strategy to tackle as compared to a freedom struggle, and need no adjustments to geography to tackle.

Yes, Kashmir and Nagaland are different cases. But Indians are much better at tackling these issues and have better state institutions to tackle these issues than at Pakistanis disposal.

Till now Kashmiri/Nagaland separatists are not able come-up with coherent reason why they want to separate from the India,

Religion? - India has 200 million Muslims and 50 million Christians, larger than the populations of most countries.
Ethnicity? - India has 1000's of different ethnicities
Culture? - India has 1000's of different culture
Self rule over their states? -All states in India have some sort of self rule. India;'s federal system is even more devolved than US system.
Judiciary? Fairly independent

Back
Top Bottom