What's new

FC arrest Shahzain Bugti in Quetta, seize heavy arms

I would call them a different way of looking at the picture rathr than conspiracy theories.There are always different angles to a story and they all should be looked at. A complete agreement all the time on all the issues (even if we are from the same country) is rather absurd, it indicates cognitive dissonance.

We should/can not measure everyone wit the same yardstick. I am a Punjabi and know quite a few Balochis,including a sardar.The guy is a gem and ultra patriotic. He is preparing for CSS and his younger brother is gearing up for the ISSB.Labeling everyone a traitor is a gross mistake we have been making for the last 60 years, and we need to stop it now, for the sake of Pakistan.Nawab Akbar Bugti, for instance, was very pro Pakistan.It was only after the 70's that he became neutral and much later on anti Pakistan, mainly due to our ill policies.

I do agree though that these sardars/waderas/jagirdars are only pro "their interest".I admire Musharraf for just one thing, and that is his introduction of Local Government system-only if he had finished the job.LG is the only way this feudal system can be crushed, and that is precisely why Nawaz and all the other elites are hell bent upon reforming it to their needs.

whther right or wrong, but this matter is very sensitive. Intelligence agencies did a responsible job by getting media in the picture. But it could be more reasonable to let him go after a while or say a day or two. The responsible thing is to just give him a message that he is a citizen not above the law but prolonged detension would not be approperiate as it will complicate the provincial situation.

The Bugti have a history and things are realy murky in Balochistan ... Frankly these tribes travell along afghan border with quite ease.. and been never arrested before but why now..!!

Strike in Balochistan against Shahzain Bugti’s arrest
Agencies

quettastrikeAPP543.jpg

Reports said a partial shutter down strike was being observed in several areas of Quetta. — Photo by APP

QUETTA: A shutter down strike was being observed on Friday in Quetta and in a number of districts in Balochistan province against the arrest of Jamhoori Watan Party’s provincial chief Shahzain Bugti and his personal guards.

Television reports said a partial shutter down strike was being observed in several areas of Quetta.

The administration had deployed police and Balochistan Constabulary across the city to avoid any untoward incident.

According to one report, JWP activists resorted to aerial firing in some parts of Quetta. Subsequently, the police seized their weapons and arrested at least nine persons who were forcing shopkeepers to shut down their businesses for the day.

On December 22, paramilitary troops arrested Shahzain Bugti, a grandson of the late Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti, along with several personal guards, after finding a huge quantity of illegal arms and ammunition in vehicles of his convoy coming from the border town of Chaman.

http://www.dawn.com/2010/12/24/strike-in-balochistan-against-shahzain-bugti’s-arrest.html

why the hell do they need AA guns and rockets?

it doesnt matter who and who isnt pro-Pakistani or whatever.....you cant be going around in convoys with these kinds of weapons

PERIOD

why the hell do they need AA guns and rockets?

it doesnt matter who and who isnt pro-Pakistani or whatever.....you cant be going around in convoys with these kinds of weapons

PERIOD

No one's debating if he was right to carry all those weapons, we are all against it. What we are arguing about is that these Baloch sardars and many other influential personalities, maintain this kinda protocol all the time. Even the CM of Balouchistan moves around with his private guards plus the security provided by the government,that's not the point. The point is, why was Shahazain not arrested before,why now?

We can only speculate, and as I said before, my feeling is that he has been arrested just to thwart the planned protest,slow down the momentum,make things a little dicey for JWP.As soon as the protest is over, and the time is right, we will see him walk away with even a more silkier beard than when he was arrested.

JWP activists are often terrorist sympathisers; that party should be shut down in my opinion

in Turkey, the DTP (Democratic left party) was a mouthpiece for the PKK. When they failed to condemn PKK actions, they were shut down as well.

bold moves are required....but whats REALLY needed is political settlement in that region. Turn people away from militancy. Services are doing what they can, when will government follow and take concrete steps....that is yet to be desired it seems

instead of spending all this money on protocol and unregistered illegal weapons, why dont these sardars donate money to schools and to charities? Do they really need heavy weapons? No, they do not. They have no such right.

Many whys whos and whats --- but so few answers :)

I wonder if he has links to the BLA?

Where are you????? Bugti made BLA and what ever disaster is taking place in Baluchistan province they are responsible for it. They are responsible for spreading hatred against Pakistan. They are responsible for killing innocent civilians in the province. They are "terrorist". These corrupt and terrorist people must and should be killed.

just lock him up and throw away the keys. did any of you see him in custody today. not sure if u noticed, he was wearing a US ACU camo jacket. that kind of explain why he was so resolute in phoning the US embassy at the time of his arrest.

regarding AA guns and thousands of rounds that were recovered during his arrest. Well you know, its for his safety FROM THE DROAWNESSS...

JWP activists are often terrorist sympathisers; that party should be shut down in my opinion

If, that is the case,then the GoP should make concrete connections between those sympathies and the illegal activities conducted by the BLA,present the evidence in a court of law, and shut them up.Just saying or believing that JWP is against the state of Pakistan does not help anyone, it just gives way to more animosity and mistrust.

@tarrar

I do not think that any human should be just killed,regardless of what they have done. Everyone deserves a fair trial and a chance to prove their innocence.We have stop to acting like Maula Jutt,the situation is already way out of control.

Also, i want everyone, for a moment to put themselves in the shoes of local Balochs.19 out of the 22, least developed districts of Pakistan are in Baluchistan.Those people live and have been living for the last 60 years in mud houses with no electricity,water and gas.I am just not saying it, I have been there and seen people drink from the same pond,side by side domestic animals.Those people do not even have cough syrup,let alone access to modern medical facilities.I saw a family not even try to get medical treatment for their ill child, because the nearest medical facility was at three day's distance, and their only means of travel was a donkey.Their child died in front of them and they could do nothing about it, and that was not an exception. Most of the people are dead, or near to it by the time they reach a medical facility.Pisheen is the second largest district in Baluchistan,google it's only government hospital and you'll have an idea. Despite of all of this, majority of the Balochs are still loyal to Pakistan.If anything, you need to salute their patriotism,as ours pales and is worth nothing when compared to their patriotism.

Terrorist should be hanged no discussions rocket launchers and anti aircraft guns .. looks like a terrorist to me:coffee:

I don't understand why the various competitors of the Bugti in the BLA and assorted terrorists movements, did not blow him and his convoy to hell -- it would have saved the Pakistani state the political circus of his arrest and his release (count on it)

I had a talk with a close relative of shanzain about this..not sure if i should post the chat here? He said that this one particular man is crazy beyond limits and is hell bent on starting a massive intra-tribal blood feud. He should be in jail or mental hospital or anywhere else but not roaming around free with weapons.

Hang him on live TV and warn all the traitors that they will face the same fate as Shahzain.

Anyone caught with military hardware needs to be thoroughly investigated to find out how Russian origin Arms are being provided and who is funding them, plus how are they getting them across the border. All the terrorist infrastucture needs to be destroyed and dismantled.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom