What's new

FC arrest Shahzain Bugti in Quetta, seize heavy arms

he looks like a confirmed terrorist from his outlook..why cant be take a saudi like approach of expelling all bugti fascists to India or their land of choice. if india loves them so much then better let them live among them too!

Only top leadership of Bugti organisation needs to be eradicated or eliminated or martyred in suicide bomb blast or road accident. Anything is fine with me

Poor civilians are too good - they are as much Pakistanis as you - or perhaps better Pakistanis than you :cheers:

I am strictly against this Tribal system and I hope once the top leadership bites the dust, they will feel like a common Pakistani like myself

Good riddance..These psychotic murderers should be sent to hell ASAP.

Time for Uqaab (UAV) to do target practice on these private armies .

few days ago Shahzains Father Talal Bugti gave a comment about Bibi Murder and Govts failure to catch the murderers...

Many believe Shahzain was arrested(framed) due to his fathers comment

A lot of politicians and 'analysts' in the media have been commenting on the 'failure of the PPP government to arrest BB's killers', ever since the PPP came into power.

I don't really see how one more comment along those lines would push the GoP towards 'framing Shahzain Bugti in a terrorist case'.

few days ago Shahzains Father Talal Bugti gave a comment about Bibi Murder and Govts failure to catch the murderers...

Many believe Shahzain was arrested(framed) due to his fathers comment

When stopped, Shahzain did not cooperate with security personnel as he refused to step out of his vehicle. During the checking, he contacted the media and other people. Upon his constant refusal to step out of his vehicle, the FC personnel smashed his vehicle’s windscreen and dragged him out forcibly. The entire episode of the arrest was filmed by the media.

“Those arms and ammunitions do not belong to me, it is a conspiracy to hold me back from taking out a long march towards Dera Bugti,” he told reporters via phone.

He accused the FC of implicating him on concocted charges at the behest of their superiors. “I am not anti-Pakistan, nor was I involved in any offence, thus I have strong belief in [the] judiciary that it will provide me justice without any prejudice,” he added.

Police and FC officials displayed the seized weapons and ammunitions before the media and said Shahzain allegedly wanted to smuggle them to Quetta.

Balochistan on edge: Frontier Corps arrest Shahzain Bugti – The Express Tribune

===========

This excerpt suggests that the arrest was filmed by the media, so that would imply that the search and recovery of weapons from Bugti would have also occurred then and would have been filmed.

Or did the FC search the vehicles after the media left and then called them back to display weapons seized. If the seizure and display of weapons from Bugti's caravan occurred while the media was present, I fail to see how such a large cache of weapons could have been 'planted' by the FC in Bugti's caravan without Bugti or his men noticing it.

And in any case, the question of why Bugti chose to contact the US embassy when he was about to be arrested remains unanswered and suspicious.

This excerpt suggests that the arrest was filmed by the media, so that would imply that the search and recovery of weapons from Bugti would have also occurred then and would have been filmed.

Or did the FC search the vehicles after the media left and then called them back to display weapons seized. If the seizure and display of weapons from Bugti's caravan occurred while the media was present, I fail to see how such a large cache of weapons could have been 'planted' by the FC in Bugti's caravan without Bugti or his men noticing it.

The episode is fishy. The convoy was stopped early in the morning around 5 am according to FC. The media arrived at the spot at least three hours later. Shahzain had also called some of the media outlets.

In any case, the search and recovery of weapons took place before the media had arrived at the spot. Our staffers suggest that some of it was indeed theirs, including AK-47s, RPGs and an LMG. But not the anti-air craft guns !

And in any case, the question of why Bugti chose to contact the US embassy when he was about to be arrested remains unanswered and suspicious.

That's a question and also whether Bugti contacted them or they contacted him first. And, he was in FC custody at the time when he talked to the embassy.

JWP’s Shahzain Bugti detained, arms recovered

QUETTA: Provincial chief of Jamhoori Watan Party Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti has been detained from Buleli Check Post by the Frontier Constabulary (FC) after weapons recovered from vehicles in his convoy, Geo News reported Wednesday.

He was coming back from Chaman after attending fateha of Jeelani Khan Achakzai. The FC intercepted the 12-vehicle fleet at 04:00 am for checking at the check post. The security personnel detained the JWP leader along with his fellowmen.

While, talking to Geo News Shahzain said he has been victimized and the arms belonged to FC. 'I am talking to US Embassy about the incident,' he added.

According to the sources heavy weaponry has been recovered from the custody of JWP leader.

Shahzain Bugti also tried to escape from the scene but the LEAs failed his attempt.

JWP?s Shahzain Bugti detained, arms recovered

So if these belong to FC then what were these illegal weapons doing in his vehicles ? has shahzain started job of a porter at FC ?

BTW why he is going to talk to US embassy over his illegal smuggling of weapons? does it means US Embassy is facilitating him in this crime ?

Good riddance..These psychotic murderers should be sent to hell ASAP.

Nothing gonna happen. Rehman malik formed a committee to probe the incident.

he will be freed and blame will be put on someone else

The episode is fishy. The convoy was stopped early in the morning around 5 am according to FC. The media arrived at the spot at least three hours later. Shahzain had also called some of the media outlets.

In any case, the search and recovery of weapons took place before the media had arrived at the spot. Our staffers suggest that some of it was indeed theirs, including AK-47s, RPGs and an LMG. But not the anti-air craft guns !

That's a question and also whether Bugti contacted them or they contacted him first. And, he was in FC custody at the time when he talked to the embassy.

Sir media was showing FC breaking windows of the vehicles for recovering these weapons

Why not the anti-aircraft guns? They appear to be pretty easily available to the Taliban and in the tribal areas. Also, we do not know whether the media saw the FC searching the vehicles and unloading the weapons after they arrived, or whether the weapons were displayed already for them.

Also, the report suggests that when the media arrived Bugti was still in his vehicle, and the windows were broken to get him out after the media arrived. Also when you listen to the video posted earlier, Bugti is talking to the media and then passes the phone off to an associate because he claims the US Embassy is on the other line. I don't see how he could be doing that while in physical FC custody.

Now whether the Embassy contacted Bugti or Bugti contacted the embassy is largely irrelevant, since in either case the question is why the US Embassy was involved with Bugti.

The ease with everyone just believes every word that comes out of the governmental sources just baffles me.I am no fan of the feudal system but has it occurred to anyone that maybe he has been detained, because JWP has a march planned, from Kashmore to Dera Bugti, on the 28th of DECEMBER.

Anyone, who follows Pakistani politics even vaguely would know that Sahazain is one of the more vocal Bugti's. Earlier this year, he even made contacts with many a political parties and was a heart throb of the political talk shows.The planned march will not be the same without him,all the government has to do for now is to keep him in the luxurious rest house(yes, a rest house in the cantonment area has been converted into a "sab jail" for him),complicate the legal proceedings and let him off the hook after the 28th.

The PPP government is in quick sand up to it's eye balls, and the last thing they need is all the news channels, sensationalizing the Baluchistan issue yet again. That is just too much heat to handle even in these cold December days.

Maybe next time they will entertain him in the PM house, if he is caught with a ballistic missile in his possession.

The ease with everyone just believes every word that comes out of the governmental sources just baffles me.I am no fan of the feudal system but has it occurred to anyone that maybe he has been detained, because JWP has a march planned, from Kashmore to Dera Bugti, on the 28th of DECEMBER.

Anyone, who follows Pakistani politics even vaguely would know that Sahazain is one of the more vocal Bugti's. Earlier this year, he even made contacts with many a political parties and was a heart throb of the political talk shows.The planned march will not be the same without him,all the government has to do for now is to keep him in the luxurious rest house(yes, a rest house in the cantonment area has been converted into a "sab jail" for him),complicate the legal proceedings and let him off the hook after the 28th.

The PPP government is in quick sand up to it's eye balls, and the last thing they need is all the news channels, sensationalizing the Baluchistan issue yet again. That is just too much heat to handle even in these cold December days.

Maybe next time they will entertain him in the PM house, if he is caught with a ballistic missile in his possession.

How does any of that negate the claims that the media itself covered the recovery of weapons from Bugti, or Bugti's own voice on the media during an interview claiming to contact the US embassy?

This isn't from 'government sources', its from the media that covered the arrest.

First off, i just want to clear that I am not favoring Bugti or for that matter anyone involved in illegal activities against the state.

I,being a student of political sciences just want people to understand how the governments really work.The media only sees what it's made to see. Media has restrictions whenever it's dealing with the armed forces.How can you double check whatever ISPR tells you?We have to take any news coming from the ISPR at its face value. .

The Baloch tribes have their indifference, and for that reason they maintain a certain level of protocol, but why in this world would Shahzain be carrying AA guns? Why has he been detained at a rest house instead of a jail just like any other person? How was he able to contact the US embassy while in the custody of FC?If he is guilty,why has he asked for a Supreme court led inquiry into the matter, rather than the FC?Why, has he been arrested at this particular point when he has traveled to Lahore and Karachi before with the same protocol?

There are just too many pieces that do not add up to the puzzle being presented to us.

The timings of his arrest are very critical here and can not be ignored. Rehman Malik has asked for an inquiry, to be completed within seven days i.e. the 29th of December,conveniently a day after the proposed protest.I have a strong hunch based on my insufficient political acumen,that nothing will come out of it. He will enjoy a nice little vacation in the beautiful cantt area, and then be pronounced " Ba Ezzat Bari".

First off, i just want to clear that I am not favoring Bugti or for that matter anyone involved in illegal activities against the state.

I,being a student of political sciences just want people to understand how the governments really work.The media only sees what it's made to see. Media has restrictions whenever it's dealing with the armed forces.How can you double check whatever ISPR tells you?We have to take any news coming from the ISPR at its face value. .

The Baloch tribes have their indifference, and for that reason they maintain a certain level of protocol, but why in this world would Shahzain be carrying AA guns? Why has he been detained at a rest house instead of a jail just like any other person? How was he able to contact the US embassy while in the custody of FC?If he is guilty,why has he asked for a Supreme court led inquiry into the matter, rather than the FC?Why, has he been arrested at this particular point when he has traveled to Lahore and Karachi before with the same protocol?

There are just too many pieces that do not add up to the puzzle being presented to us.

Perhaps the GoP looked the other way this entire time because he was a 'pro-Pakistan Sardar', but other 'connections' or 'intelligence' has come to light that made him a liability with respect to national security.

We can speculate all day long and come up with all sorts of 'conspiracy theories', but at the moment the facts are that the media covered his arrest and the recovery of weapons from his caravan. If he is indeed guilty then he has nothing to lose and asking for a SC led inquiry would do him no harm, and in fact possibly delay the inevitable and/or offer time for intervention by influential parties to get him off the hook.

Quite frankly the whole idea of 'pro-Pakistan sardar/wadera/Jagirdar' is absurd. The only loyalty these people have is to money and power, and they are pro-whatever gives them money and power. They would switch to an anti-Pakistan mode in a heartbeat if foreign powers were to offer to create 'independent Sindh or Baluchistan' because the removal of a central government would in fact leave them with even more power and influence in their regions/provinces.

Sardars, Wadera's and jagirdars who maintain private jails, armies and keep their own tribes repressed, poverty stricken and undeveloped, while they drive around in multi-car caravans with armies of men and live in multiple palaces across Pakistan, have no loyalty to this nation or its people.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom