What's new

Favourite Mahabharata Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karna was his equal or a tad better. but that does not change the fact he was among the greatest warriors. No One can really say about eklavya. was a could have been case. Bhisma was more experienced and a great warrior. Infact I will rate Bhisma, Karna and Arjun as the top warriors in the battlefield

Arjuna was the BEST ; he could have wiped out the entire Kaurav Army with his divine weapons
but did not use any of them

Karna was just an egoist blinded by HATE towards Arjuna

His entire life was all about hate

If he earned TWO curses which led to his downfall ; it was not Arjuna's fault

Any discription of ancient Pakis in mahabharat? They most be known as badass even back then?
I thought Pakis is a slur and not to be used.

Anyways there was no Pakistan back then and no islam even so to call these people Pakistanis is bit of a strech, But yes they were from the geographical area of Today's Pakistan

Gandhari (character) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shakuni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jayadratha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Karna obviously.

Can anyone post about Pakistani kingdoms in Mahabharat? How were ancient Pakis depicted in Mahabharat?

sindhu kingdom was depicted in Mahabaratha with its rule jayadratha siding kauravas..bahlika were a tribe from punjab..

Can anyone post about Pakistani kingdoms in Mahabharat? How were ancient Pakis depicted in Mahabharat?

1. There was no Pakistan in 800-600BCE time period.Pakistan came into existence in 732 CE with invasion of Bin Qasim.

2. For what are current territories of Pakistan, there were two kingdoms worth mentioning, Gandhara which would be cognate with East Afghanistan and Swat + NWFP + KP of Pakistan which fought on side of Kauravs, and Yaudheya which encompass Punjab + Haryana which sided with Pandavas.

the-offering-GI45_a_01_l.jpg
I really loved the character Eklavya he was most under apperitiated.
Top dog

He had almost no resource but he became the best in business. He had sacrificed everything for his shifu. The utmost respect he showed.

I thought Pakis is a slur and not to be used.

Anyways there was no Pakistan back then and no islam even so to call these people Pakistanis is bit of a strech, But yes they were from the geographical area of Today's Pakistan

Gandhari (character) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shakuni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jayadratha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sir, i was checking the regions referred in mahabaratha and found some of them to be extending even to central asian countries like kazakistan...

Arjuna was the BEST ; he could have wiped out the entire Kaurav Army with his divine weapons
but did not use any of them

Karna was just an egoist blinded by HATE towards Arjuna

His entire life was all about hate

If he earned TWO curses which led to his downfall ; it was not Arjuna's fault
Aswathama had the divine weapon also
and Karna also had one ...

Karna was killed when he was not having a weapon.....it was not correct......
I will rate Karna above Arjun

I will rate Karna above Arjun

What did Karna achieve on 11 th day ; 12 th day of the war
NOTHING

Both Karna and Drona COULD not capture Yudhisthir on 11th and 12 th days

13 th was exclusively ABHIMANYU's day

14 th DAY was the WORST ; Arjuna destroyed One tenth of the Kaurav Army SINGLE HANDEDLY

Then again on 14 th and 15 th day Karna could not beat Arjuna

On the 16 th day he had a chance but SUNSET saved Arjuna

On the 17 th day it was ALL Arjuna ; though the snake entered the arrow of Karna
and tried to kill Arjuna BUT Arjuna survived and
he put an end to Karna's miserable existence

What did Karna achieve on 11 th day ; 12 th day of the war
NOTHING

Both Karna and Drona COULD not capture Yudhisthir on 11th and 12 th days

13 th was exclusively ABHIMANYU's day

14 th DAY was the WORST ; Arjuna destroyed One tenth of the Kaurav Army SINGLE HANDEDLY
You take the kawach and kundal
You do a conspiracy so that he can't utilize his divine weapon
You kill him when he is unarmed

Tells you a lot about him

sindhu kingdom was depicted in Mahabaratha with its rule jayadratha siding kauravas..bahlika were a tribe from punjab..

Ok there were 4 kingdoms from what I get from net. Gandhara, current day hindko people KPK. Madras north of central punjab (between chenab and ravi basically districts like sialkot, gujranwala, hafizabad), capital Sialkot. Pauravas south punjab or seraiki people. And Sindhu kingdom in Sindh.

You take the kawach and kundal
You do a conspiracy so that he can't utilize his divine weapon
You kill him when he is unarmed

Tells you a lot about him

Before the start of the war ; Krishna had TOLD SHAKUNI that
all the BIG 3 ie Bhishma ; Drona and Karna would be KILLED by CONSPIRACY
as a TIT for TAT

Now it was the turn of Pandavas to use dirty tricks

Pandu....husband of kunti and madri... shot an arrow towards a rishi who was having sex with a deer... in pandu's defence he just wanted to kill the deer and did not see the rishi... or he did see but did not give a fcuk coz he was the king.
Anyway rishi was not amused and cursed pandu that if he ever had sex he will die...

Pandu's rest of life was nothing to write about... kunti's on other hand ... :pop:

Last edited:
Gaddafi is more like Shikhandi

concentrate on your college, my young friend... you are trying to insult the present imam of all muslims.

besides, you can try saying that in some parts of africa or to a plo member... either they will laugh at you or they will celebrate your happy birthday.

take your two thankers with you. :enjoy:

and if i was a mod, i would perma-ban you.

Before the start of the war ; Krishna had TOLD SHAKUNI that
all the BIG 3 ie Bhishma ; Drona and Karna would be KILLED by CONSPIRACY
as a TIT for TAT

Now it was the turn of Pandavas to use dirty tricks
That's what I am saying....
in a fair competition......one on one.....Arjun would not have been able to pierce the shield of Karna's kawach even with his divine weapon and would have lost...

Karna was a warrior.....a better one infact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom