What's new

Favourite English TV shows

Your Favorite Shows from the following

• Total voters
From the poll, kindly remove Kyle XY, hated that every time smiling guy. Looked like gay. :lol:

All time fav- Friends
Big bang theory
House MD
Hustle
The Monk
X- files
Bay watch :D
Wonder years
Castle
Lie to me
Giant Robot and Johnny soco or was it the other way around.

I can go on but this would be the toplist I think. :D

All time fav- Friends
Big bang theory
House MD
Hustle
I can go on but this would be the toplist I think. :D
Nice choices, never followed Hustle...give your rating out of ten.

Lie to me was a good show, but hate the lead actor, too much movements....:D

Nice choices, never followed Hustle...give your rating out of ten.

Lie to me was a good show, but hate the lead actor, too much movements....:D

Oh bro Hustle is a big 8, there were times when I wanted to be a Hustler after watching them at work. Take my word you will love it.

:rofl:

I always wanted Saturday as a holiday to see Shaktimaan as on tuesday it used to come at 11 pm, by that time, I was supposed to be asleep.:cry:

Started it few months ago....is it worth it, give your rating out of ten.

Except Lost, which I found to surprising to deal with, I see most of the shows.

Anyone who loves lawyer shows, The Practice was a good show, Boston Legal was fine.
If you like comedy and drama then Awkward is 8 out of 10.

perception
hell on wheels
grimm
leverage
major crimes
true blood
anger management
white collar
Necessary roughness

common law
copper
bunheads

game of thrones

24 (season 1 will completey blow your mind, awesomness personified. Subsequent seasons will make you bore because of similar plots and story line)

alphas

grimm

nikita

big bang theory

supernatural

^Good list of recent shows...:tup:

perception
hell on wheels
grimm
leverage
major crimes
true blood
anger management
white collar
Necessary roughness

common law
copper
bunheads
You like Major Crimes by just 2 episode...:blink:...but still good show.
If you like Perception, Try "Criminal Minds"....based on FBI Behavioural Analysis unit.

^ it's the follow up of ''the closer'' --all cast the same except the lead

[updated my earlier post]

burn notice is a series which I havent downloaded for the past 2 seasons -- same with warehouse13 ,franklin & bash, sinbad, rizzoli,

Thanks...was looking for good detective/ police show.

Deadliest Catch....i like this show, specially the hard life they have on their boats, mentally and physically challenging. And those giant crabs....Would like to spend one week on that boat.

I do like documentaries on snakes, sharks and tigers. Actually bored of Tigers, saw they hundreds of time in real life :D

Future weapons is a nice program. But the host speaks in funny way. He was in special forces.

At first I thought Man vs Wild was a show about a man living in India... Lol jk

Merlin
Doctor Who
Spooks(MI5)
The West Wing
Two and A Half Men
Fraiser
Boston Legal
Boston Public
V

Thanks...was looking for good detective/ police show.
NCIS is not bad either, just stay away from NCIS: Los Angeles.

the wire is awesome series, just watched till s01e08, also watching house md, really nice start

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

10 films to look out for at Venice Film Festival

The Venice film festival opens tomorrow (Wednesday). Following is a selection of movies to look out for, both in the main competition and screening in other line-ups at the August 29-September 8 event.

‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’

Indian director Mira Nair has adapted a novel of the same name by Mohsin Hamid, and the movie follows a young Pakistani man who is rising through the ranks on Wall Street when the attacks of 9/11 throw his life into turmoil.

‘At Any Price’

Former ‘High School Musical’ heartthrob Zac Efron continues his quest for roles in small-budget, cutting-edge movies in a father-and-son tale set against the competitive world of modern agriculture.

‘Bella Addormentata’

Marco Bellocchio tackles the theme of the right to live or die in this dramatisation of the final days in the life of Eluana Englaro, who was left in a vegetative state following a car accident.

‘The Company You Keep’

Veteran actor/director Robert Redford stars and directs this political thriller, about a former left-wing terrorist in the United States who is exposed by an aggressive and ambitious young reporter played by Shia LaBeouf. The cast includes Julie Christie, Sam Elliott, Brendan Gleeson, Terrence Howard, Stanley Tucci, Nick Nolte, Chris Cooper and Susan Sarandon.

‘Fill the Void’

Director Rama Burshtein tells the story of 18-year-old Shira, who is forced to choose between the man she wants to wed and the man her Orthodox Hassidic family believes it is her duty to marry.

‘The Master’

Paul Thomas Anderson returns to the big screen after directing the 2007 critical hit ‘There Will Be Blood’ with a tale that touches upon Scientology, ensuring plenty of press interest given the self-described religion’s controversial profile in Hollywood and beyond. Philip Seymour Hoffman plays Lancaster Dodd, loosely based on Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard, and Joaquin Phoenix is Freddie Sutton, an unsettled navy veteran who returns from war and is tantalised by The Cause and its charismatic leader.

‘Passion’

Brian De Palma returns to Venice with this erotic thriller, with Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace as business colleagues whose rivalry turns into a dangerous game of seduction, manipulation and violence. De Palma is best known for ‘Carrie’ and ‘Scarface’, but in 2007 he shook up the Venice Film Festival with ‘Redacted’, an Iraq war drama, which polarised critics and audiences.

‘Spring Breakers’

Harmony Korine’s tale of four wild college girls preparing for their spring break should create plenty of buzz, with former Disney actress/singer Selena Gomez, who is dating Canadian pop star Justin Bieber, in a leading role.

‘Wadjda’

Groundbreaking female Saudi filmmaker Haifaa al-Mansour says this tale of hope and perseverance is the first full-length feature film to be shot entirely in Saudi Arabia. It follows a 10-year-old girl living in Riyadh who dreams of buying a beautiful green bicycle, but her quest brings her up against discrimination which the director wants to challenge.

‘To the Wonder’

In a career spanning over 40 years, Terrence Malick has directed just six feature-length movies. Yet two of those have arrived in two years, with ‘To the Wonder’ coming a year after ‘The Tree of Life’ won the Palme d’Or in Cannes. ‘To the Wonder’, rated “R” for scenes of sex and nudity, stars McAdams, Ben Affleck and Javier Bardem in a romantic drama in which a man reconnects with an old friend after his marriage to a European woman falls apart. reuters

Back
Top Bottom