What's new

Fate of Karachi strike uncertain as traders divided

Today i went to buy deep freezer but most of shop and all major electronic shops where closed in saddar karachi.

You mean the accepting the demand of Traders on strike i.e. removing condition of reporting CNIC of people buying 50K or above products will magically solve all the issues you mentioned?
real world is different from ideal world specially in pak where majority is totally corrupt. the governemt should have taken step wise approach rather then giving danda at every front.

Ok this is really hilarious to be honest!!

If export oriented industry protests any taxes that is understandable, they earn foreign exchange for the state, government wants to increase exports and thus supports them. Exports are not taxed anywhere else either. However whats the deal with these local traders??? WHY ARE THEY PROTESTING? Why they say that they wont pay tex/ Kuen bahi kuen nahi dyna ha tax? Pagal k bachy!!

Ok this is really hilarious to be honest!!

If export oriented industry protests any taxes that is understandable, they earn foreign exchange for the state, government wants to increase exports and thus supports them. Exports are not taxed anywhere else either. However whats the deal with these local traders??? WHY ARE THEY PROTESTING? Why they say that they wont pay tex/ Kuen bahi kuen nahi dyna ha tax? Pagal k bachy!!

Right now their demand is that they don't want to tell name of their customers who are buying 50K or above goods. We have dhakans who are doing jhinga lala over tax thieves blacking mailing state.

Wholesale markets of Karachi and Lahore are closed, it's a successful strike .--- Some of the response in this thread suggests that PTi isn't liking the fact the strike is successful.
Mr. Imran Khan must fire his advisers (but the poor soul can't) and frame made in Pakistan policies.
Any strike can only be considered successful if it succeeds in achieving it's stated aims. i.e withdrawal of the CNIC condition.
I don't see that happening.

real world is different from ideal world specially in pak where majority is totally corrupt. the governemt should have taken step wise approach rather then giving danda at every front.

The lower middle class & poor people who don't fall in tax net along with salaried and other people who are paying their due taxes should support state in finding out tax evaders because if it fails than ultimate solution will be more indirect taxes which will effect those who are already paying taxes or earning less than taxable income and these black mailers will be filling their pockets.

D_WIRBuX4AE2E6G.jpg

D_WISErXYAIxUZm.jpg

Maybe for Maryam Tweetni poora Pakistan means just areas in and around Lahore.

Witnessed fariya (whole gulshan mobile market) and Sareena mobile market . saddar is in pictures . Rest, if you want to live in delusions it is up to you

So mobile market close because they dont want to give taxes then that taxes will be on public in form of indirect taxes

Why couldnt you see the other shopsmarket which were open? Example above imtiaz

First of all , they are protesting against unjust taxes imposed by the GOP on mobile phones which were imported through legal channel during the previous government era .Which isn't their fault

Secondly , Electronic and mobile market association called for the protest along with the jewelers association . What Imtiaz has to do with it ?

If you ask anyone in pakistan they will say even 100 rupees on them as tax is unjust. You know and I know people of pakistan dont want to pay tax. This is simple as that.

And thy can strike whole week no one will bother.

PTi​
What the hell are you talking about? So if a theif is saying that let me continue the theft otherwise I will close my business than should we get black mailed ? Its my pocket who is going to get empty if I dont support government in drive against this tax theft
I personally know traders who pay income tax 40-50 times more than your PM who were on strike today ---- They already in tax net and still on strike, got it??

PTi bacha logs know nothing of ground realities, it's kinda "begani shadi mein Abdullah dewana"

and if someone closes his business, it's his prerogative, there's no Law which forces someone to open his business.

First of all , they are protesting against unjust taxes imposed by the GOP on mobile phones which were imported through legal channel during the previous government era .Which isn't their fault

Secondly , Electronic and mobile market association called for the protest along with the jewelers association . What Imtiaz has to do with it ?
Wholesale markets of Lahore totally closed including Hafeez center --- I can't understand, traders are losing their revenue by closing down their businesses, why PTi bacha logs upset over this.

These bacha logs know nothing of ground realities and just jumping up and down in frustration --- - I have been reading comments here that traders don't want to be in tax net- --- These bacha logs should know that even tax paying traders were on strike today.

We need a taxation system which is simple to understand (current one is complex), reasonable rates (current rates are barbaric), an honest body (current fbr is full of haram khors) and what facilities the govt plans to provide.

Back
Top Bottom